User Tag List

First 56789 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w? sp/sx

This thread is amusing.
    "A spill at the plant increased the phosphates in the lake and produced a scum of algae so thick that the swamp smell filled the air, infiltrating the genteel mansions. Debutantes cried over the misfortune of coming out in a season everyone would remember for its bad smell."

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6

Quote Originally Posted by the state i am in View Post
    intjs, do you WANT to be forced to express yourself (and thereby feel the intense excitement of having to TRY to communicate your feelings and have them spill out and make you want to throw up from nerves) or do you prefer someone who just gets them without articulation?
    It's not the expression. It's what happens afterward when the INFP drops you like a rotten potato that we're afraid of.
    Personally, *I* think I'm hysterically funny.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Cranky View Post
    It's not the expression. It's what happens afterward when the INFP drops you like a rotten potato that we're afraid of.
    If you check NF threads, INFPs (and most NFs) read affection through words, physical touch, and quality time. Most don't read acts of service and gifts as displays of love. Sure, they are nice, but your sentiment might be flying over their head. Any feeling of being "bought" can be a turn-off also.

Edit: Oh, and I'm not criticizing your pie baking. That's still very sweet
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    If you check NF threads, INFPs (and most NFs) read affection through words, physical touch, and quality time. Most don't read acts of service and gifts as displays of love. Sure, they are nice, but your sentiment might be flying over their head. Any feeling of being "bought" can be a turn-off also.

Edit: Oh, and I'm not criticizing your pie baking. That's still very sweet
    Har. Har. Pie baking...sweet.

I respect your capacity with bad puns and hope to sink to that level some time today in my interactions with others. I'm inspired to create a true groaner.

If I wanted to buy him, I would have offered him money. It would have been far more clear.

"Will you be my Man-Whore of Affection?"

"Huh?"

"Here is legal tender. Hold me."

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

I respect your capacity with bad puns and hope to sink to that level some time today in my interactions with others. I'm inspired to create a true groaner.

If I wanted to buy him, I would have offered him money. It would have been far more clear.

"Huh?"

Except it wasn't a pun.

But hey, keep doing it your way, and keep watching INFPs run as fast as they can.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    Except it wasn't a pun.

But hey, keep doing it your way, and keep watching INFPs run as fast as they can.
    I have a new system. Whenever I'm trying to be funny, I will put one of these at the end of a post.

Except I'm being serious about what I'm going to do if I'm trying to be funny, so now I've included the emoticon in a serious post.

What shall I do?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

"Huh?"

"I don't like to make a habit of accepting money for such things. The tortured knight within cannot allow it."

Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Senior Member Misty_Mountain_Rose's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

I wore a dress once in the spirit of romanticism.

My boyfriend was another INTJ though, so the effort was definately not worth it.

Embrace the possibilities.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

I have a new system. Whenever I'm trying to be funny, I will put one of these at the end of a post.

Except I'm being serious about what I'm going to do if I'm trying to be funny, so now I've included the emoticon in a serious post.

What shall I do?
    Cranky - I think you're off the hook. You said you'd put it at the END of the post, and clearly the winking yellow blob is NOT at the end. You're good to go

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by EffEmDoubleyou View Post
    On Valentine's Day once, I broke into her car at work and scattered a bunch of rose petals all over and put a card on the seat.

I once bought a whole crapload of lingerie and anonymously sent a piece to her in the mail every few weeks over the course of a year. (No, I'm not a stalker, she was my girlfriend )

I told her we were going out to dinner. On the way, I said that I had gotten lost and asked her to reach into the glove box and get a map. Inside were tickets for that night to see her favorite band.

See, we can be romantic!
    You're lucky you weren't dating another INTJ... My reactions would have been:

1. Are you going to pay to get these things cleaned up too?
    2. Who exactly are you buying these for... me or you?
    3. DAMMIT! I'm wearing HEELS! How am I going to dance at a concert in HEELS!

Probably works on other types though.