User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    ESTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Usehername View Post
    Has anyone ever met some really not-intelligent NTs? I would be interested to hear people's perception of some really unintelligent NTs.

Like, when you picture the lowest socio-economic family (not to equate intelligence with low socio-economic status, because clearly that is too one-dimensional and ignorant of complexities to be true, but they do have some correlation), you always envision the parents as S types who just have no concept of what's going on but can make some meals and scrape together enough cash to keep existing. But what about NTs who just don't get it?

What kinds of crazy things could they manifest? I'm sort of envisioning comedies. I think it would be different to see inside a dumb NT's world.

What would it be like?
    It would be as dumb but less trashy than an ESTP's world, I imagine.

filling some space UnitOfPopulation's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTJ

Quote Originally Posted by hotmale View Post
    It would be as dumb but less trashy than an ESTP's world, I imagine.
    HMM.. I have a view on some ESTPs that they have the trait to do intelligent things, tho they hate to formalize it or spell it out. One is a civil engineer, another supervises construction workers.. I've had a lot of these types of people as friends, and I think they are noticably above average in intelligence, perhaps by 1 standard deviation, in average. May be a biased sample tho. I found out that this was the case when I made a list of friends for an exercise.. lot of ESTP friends I used to hang out with.

I generally like them, tho I think they are demanding as friends and we don't totally accept each other as persons, I think.

MBTI
    ESTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Santtu View Post
    HMM.. I have a view on some ESTPs that they have the trait to do intelligent things, tho they hate to formalize it or spell it out. One is a civil engineer, another supervises construction workers.. I've had a lot of these types of people as friends, and I think they are noticably above average in intelligence, perhaps by 1 standard deviation, in average. May be a biased sample tho. I found out that this was the case when I made a list of friends for an exercise.. lot of ESTP friends I used to hang out with.

I generally like them, tho I think they are demanding as friends and we don't totally accept each other as persons, I think.
    I like ESTPs actually. They're very smart, and sensible, but occasionally, they tend to go for trashy than elegant.

Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Dumb NT's would have a reasoning process like other NT's but would simply be less efficient at it. It wouldn't become apparant until they were tested for competency in some fashion.
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com

MBTI
    INTJ

Has anyone ever met some really not-intelligent NTs? I would be interested to hear people's perception of some really unintelligent NTs.
    What would it be like?
    Oh yes, many. Being smart is not a priviliege of Ns, and being stupid is not limited to Ss.

To illustrate my point: just go to the INTJ webring and surf some of the sites. You will not have any doubts left after that....

Of course, by definition, all NTs on this forum are very, very smart.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

I hate to ask this, but...

... how are we defining "dumb" here again?

(I was thinking "slow" or "not quick to put things together.")
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INTP

Like, when you picture the lowest socio-economic family (not to equate intelligence with low socio-economic status, because clearly that is too one-dimensional and ignorant of complexities to be true, but they do have some correlation), you always envision the parents as S types who just have no concept of what's going on but can make some meals and scrape together enough cash to keep existing. But what about NTs who just don't get it?

What kinds of crazy things could they manifest? I'm sort of envisioning comedies. I think it would be different to see inside a dumb NT's world.

What would it be like?
    Only in your dreams.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

I know an ENTp and two ENTjs that are what I'd consider "average", not particularly brillant.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    I hate to ask this, but...

... how are we defining "dumb" here again?

(I was thinking "slow" or "not quick to put things together.")
    that's what i was thinking, too.
    *You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.
    *Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason once accepted, despite your changing moods.
    C.S. Lewis

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

Perhaps the stupid NTs aren't detected because they sound so clever and appear so sure?

I'd suspect that the level of a persons intelligence (broad intelligence I'm speaking of not the limited IQ) also is relative to how much their personality is displayed with the real high Int lot being obviously of their type with many flowering self defined sections to themselves and those with low Int being much more impressionable and accepting too much of everything else as a "good idea" and hence not being inventive or personal.
    (Note my vocab gave out half way.... your going to have to do some thinking)

Edit :-
    In brief -
    Clever XXXX = does many things their own way. Can invent their own way and cut their own path.
    Dumb XXXX = does things how they are told to more. Less invention more adoption. Have to read the type through the layers of adopted processes etc.
    Isn't it time for a colourful metaphor?