User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    ENTP

Default ENTP at conversation

Hi

I'm an ENTP and I found that I'm pretty good at conversations. I can easily talk on a different themes. But I also found that while I'm talking I absolutely don't pay attention to what kind of person I'm talking to. I'm not trying to understand what person I'm talking to, what he likes, what makes him laugh, what kind of person he is, even what is my opinion about him, I just talk. It looks like I just press the talk button. And as a consequence when I meet that person again I don't have any clues how to talk to him, it all looks like I meet him for the first time again. I think that I'm not interested in unveiling the person personality at all. Well I can talk but It just doesn't look so interesting. ENTPs do you find talking with people interesting because it's interesting for you to understand what kind of people you talking to, or you just like that flexibility and freedom of mind when you talk. Because to me talking with people is like talking with wall, same emotions.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

who are you ? We met before ?

I often have been greeted heartly on the street by people I have never seen in my life. I have to reduce my medication
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

Une Femme est une femme paperoceans's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    8w7

Wow, that's strange.
    Between that cigarillo and sticking my finger down my throat to see if I could DT, I feel like puking RN.

Read my Blog.

Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by fenri View Post
    Hi

I'm an ENTP and I found that I'm pretty good at conversations. I can easily talk on a different themes. But I also found that while I'm talking I absolutely don't pay attention to what kind of person I'm talking to. I'm not trying to understand what person I'm talking to, what he likes, what makes him laugh, what kind of person he is, even what is my opinion about him, I just talk. It looks like I just press the talk button. And as a consequence when I meet that person again I don't have any clues how to talk to him, it all looks like I meet him for the first time again. I think that I'm not interested in unveiling the person personality at all. Well I can talk but It just doesn't look so interesting. ENTPs do you find talking with people interesting because it's interesting for you to understand what kind of people you talking to, or you just like that flexibility and freedom of mind when you talk. Because to me talking with people is like talking with wall, same emotions.
    I'm an ENTP, and I'm a pretty good listener. Try talking with people who talk about things you want to learn about. That will teach you to be a better listener.
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com

Pumpernickel
    MBTI
    ENTJ

My sister does that actually (ESTP), but she talks about random mundane crap. She can go on and on about what she did all day and not realize that i've started doing a crossword.

Weiiiird.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by The_Liquid_Laser View Post
    I'm an ENTP, and I'm a pretty good listener. Try talking with people who talk about things you want to learn about. That will teach you to be a better listener.
    good listeners just want to score with girls !
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE

Don't try to direct the conversation - just ask questions and use what they give you. People will be surprisingly open and deep if you give them the opportunity to be

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ILE

No, I like to know what the other person thinks. What's the point otherwise? I might as well talk to my shoe.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

Quote Originally Posted by fenri View Post
    Hi

Ah, yes. I've met a couple of overly exhuberant extroverts like yourself. I definately admire people like you who are so good at verbally expressing themselves that it seems effortless for them.

I am the complete opposite of this. It has taken me a long time to learn how to effectively engage someone in conversation. And unfortunately, when I run into someone like yourself, all of those conversational skills that I have tried so very hard to learn absolutely go out the window.

The problem is that while I am very interested in what the verbally adroit extrovert has to say, I am too intimidated to actually try to interrupt their monolouge with any thoughts of my own about what they are saying. This is because I am aware that they have no interest in what I have to say. When they do actually give me a chance to answer, I am too aware of the fact that they are only waiting for me to hurry up and finish what I'm saying so that they may resume talking. As a result, though I may have a very interesting thought to add, all that comes out of my mouth is something like, "Oh, um...yeah, wow!...um, that was totally...yeah, what you said, about...the...Yeah, wow!" So, you see, the extroverts' assumption that I will have nothing interesting to say is like a self-fulfilling prophecy.

I am not trying to be critical of you, I am only trying to give you some insight about what is going on inside the minds of those you are talking to. While I'm sure you find it enjoyable merely expressing your thoughts, how much more enjoyment would you get from actually connecting with the people you talk to. I think you will find that the more you attempt to give others a chance to speak, that they will enrich your life as you have enriched theirs. Some of those verbally clumbsy people you run into may be people like me with many interesting things to say but they are just intimidated.

Well, anyway, I hope this is helpful to you. If it is not, then at least I have gotten my feelings off of my chest that I have been wanting to say to overly expressive extroverts for years....and you couldn't even interrupt me! Ha ha!
    Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana.
    ~ Groucho Marx

MBTI
    ENTP

I generally do not even talk to people, unless I am interested in them in some kind of way. Or I need something from them lol.