User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    ESFP
    Socionics
    ESFP

Default INTJs or other NTs deconstruct?

I was watching an intj's video and he mentioned he used to take apart a lot of things when he was young, and I remembered I used to take apart just about everything when I was young, from my gameboy to playstation 1(the last system I owned), toys, clocks, R/C cars, computers, my scooter engine, my engine on my old car and almost every other part on it, just about everything that's mechanical, and I'm a big do it yourselfer.

Any other NTs used to do this as a child?

oh and I'm going to take apart my broken dvd drive to use the laser to burn things.

lol
    [YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CgJ0EpxjZBU"][YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CgJ0EpxjZBU"][/YOUTUBE][/YOUTUBE]

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Yes, I did that... although I tried to be able to put them back together again.

One funny story: When I was in high school, I got hold of one of those little cars in a McDonald's happy Meal, that you can pull back, then release and it will drive all around. When I showed it to my physics teacher, he put the entire class into study hall, and he and I and another student spent the whole period taking it apart and trying to figure out how it worked.

He wasn't a very good SJ teacher, but he was pretty cool one-on-one.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

XXTPs are ace deconstructors; while Te arranges and mobilizes, Ti dissects and specifies.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

I did this when i was younger(like 8-11), but not really much. I got entp friend who still does this all the time.
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

FigerPuppet

No, because I knew that I wouldn't get a replacement if I broke whatever I was playing with, and I prefered my toys whole rather than in pieces.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by SmileyMan View Post
    No, because I knew that I wouldn't get a replacement if I broke whatever I was playing with, and I prefered my toys whole rather than in pieces.
    But putting the toys together is fun way of playing with them .
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

MBTI
    ESFP
    Socionics
    ESFP

I never said I leave them deconstructed of course I put it back together, unless it was broken beyond repair in the first place, which it was half the time.

i did that too. i need to know the inside of things. i strongly prefer the term reverse engineering, though. i wanted to pimp my toys. combine different parts from different toys. i lost interest in toys and didn't really miss it, but as soon as i got a computer i took the software apart - on a GUI level, mostly. as a drawer i also needed to take things apart in my mind (anatomy...).

other than that, i also crashed toys, for vintage effect or worse .. decay is exciting. new things are boring and impersonal.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    But putting the toys together is fun way of playing with them .
    Did you ever try to reassemble them in different ways?

I remember taking lots of dolls and action figures (and whatever else) apart and then trying to put them back together in ways that still worked but did or looked like something new.

Quote Originally Posted by nanook View Post
    i did that too. i need to know the inside of things. i strongly prefer the term reverse engineering, though. i wanted to pimp my toys. combine different parts from different toys. i lost interest in toys and didn't really miss it, but as soon as i got a computer i took the software apart - on a GUI level, mostly. as a drawer i also needed to take things apart (anatomy...).
    I always liked figuring out which pieces of code did what, then swapping things out and creating/splicing in mods. I eventually ended up using that style of programming at work too, despite not having a lot of "accredited" study in coding.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

INTJs or other NTs...

I am offended by the Op *lol*
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]