• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] INTJs or other NTs deconstruct?

INTJ123

HAHHAHHAH!
MBTI Type
ESFP
I was watching an intj's video and he mentioned he used to take apart a lot of things when he was young, and I remembered I used to take apart just about everything when I was young, from my gameboy to playstation 1(the last system I owned), toys, clocks, R/C cars, computers, my scooter engine, my engine on my old car and almost every other part on it, just about everything that's mechanical, and I'm a big do it yourselfer.

Any other NTs used to do this as a child?

oh and I'm going to take apart my broken dvd drive to use the laser to burn things.

lol
[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CgJ0EpxjZBU"][YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CgJ0EpxjZBU"][/YOUTUBE][/YOUTUBE]

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yes, I did that... although I tried to be able to put them back together again.

One funny story: When I was in high school, I got hold of one of those little cars in a McDonald's happy Meal, that you can pull back, then release and it will drive all around. When I showed it to my physics teacher, he put the entire class into study hall, and he and I and another student spent the whole period taking it apart and trying to figure out how it worked.

He wasn't a very good SJ teacher, but he was pretty cool one-on-one.

htb

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
XXTPs are ace deconstructors; while Te arranges and mobilizes, Ti dissects and specifies.

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
I did this when i was younger(like 8-11), but not really much. I got entp friend who still does this all the time.

F

FigerPuppet

No, because I knew that I wouldn't get a replacement if I broke whatever I was playing with, and I prefered my toys whole rather than in pieces.

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
No, because I knew that I wouldn't get a replacement if I broke whatever I was playing with, and I prefered my toys whole rather than in pieces.

But putting the toys together is fun way of playing with them :yes: .

INTJ123

HAHHAHHAH!
MBTI Type
ESFP
I never said I leave them deconstructed of course I put it back together, unless it was broken beyond repair in the first place, which it was half the time.

nanook

a scream in a vortex
i did that too. i need to know the inside of things. i strongly prefer the term reverse engineering, though. i wanted to pimp my toys. combine different parts from different toys. i lost interest in toys and didn't really miss it, but as soon as i got a computer i took the software apart - on a GUI level, mostly. as a drawer i also needed to take things apart in my mind (anatomy...).

other than that, i also crashed toys, for vintage effect or worse .. decay is exciting. new things are boring and impersonal.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
But putting the toys together is fun way of playing with them :yes: .

Did you ever try to reassemble them in different ways?

I remember taking lots of dolls and action figures (and whatever else) apart and then trying to put them back together in ways that still worked but did or looked like something new.

i did that too. i need to know the inside of things. i strongly prefer the term reverse engineering, though. i wanted to pimp my toys. combine different parts from different toys. i lost interest in toys and didn't really miss it, but as soon as i got a computer i took the software apart - on a GUI level, mostly. as a drawer i also needed to take things apart (anatomy...).

I always liked figuring out which pieces of code did what, then swapping things out and creating/splicing in mods. I eventually ended up using that style of programming at work too, despite not having a lot of "accredited" study in coding.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
INTJs or other NTs...

I am offended by the Op *lol*

INTJ123

HAHHAHHAH!
MBTI Type
ESFP
i did that too. i need to know the inside of things. i strongly prefer the term reverse engineering, though. i wanted to pimp my toys. combine different parts from different toys. i lost interest in toys and didn't really miss it, but as soon as i got a computer i took the software apart - on a GUI level, mostly. as a drawer i also needed to take things apart in my mind (anatomy...).

other than that, i also crashed toys, for vintage effect or worse .. decay is exciting. new things are boring and impersonal.

yea exactly, it's the curiosity of what's inside and how it works. I was actually thinking reverse engineer and you read my mind.

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
Did you ever try to reassemble them in different ways?

I remember taking lots of dolls and action figures (and whatever else) apart and then trying to put them back together in ways that still worked but did or looked like something new.

Well, when i played with legos i never made them the way the were ment to(exept one pirate ship when i built it the first time). With other toys when i modified them i had a plan how im going to modify it before taking it apart.

Allso when something that worked with electricity broke, i allways had to put it apart and harvested everything that could be used later. i think i still got some small electric motors and stuff like that somewhere lol

Jaguar

I deconstructed to construct something different than what it was, originally.
I remember ripping apart my lite brite toy and then trying to build an egg incubator over my bathroom sink.

It's in my nature to see unusual potential in ideas, things, and people.

poppy

triple nerd score
MBTI Type
intj
Enneagram
I did that occasionally. Thing was, I was pretty bad at putting things back together.

Construction, on the other hand, I did quite a lot of. I'd build little houses and boats and towns out of toothpicks. I was much better at that...no external schematic to follow.

Yosako

I remember that when I was a kid, I assembled an extremely weird Meccano toy car whose motor transmission wasn't to the wheels, but to a metallic rotorcraft placed at a 45° angle from the floor. The result was a light vehicle that showed little strength but that ran quite damn fast in a flat surface.

Blank

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
I was never a fan of deconstructing objects.

Ideas, however. :D

sandwich

MBTI Type
INTP
I thought this was going to be a thread on literary criticism.

intuitivethinker

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1/5
I did that a bit, took apart a few things I didn't care about (I wouldn't have been able to replace them if I broke them so I only did it with things I knew I wouldn't miss). It was interesting!

BlahBlahNounBlah

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
No, I didn't like to take things apart. I was more into combining my toys into one massive playfest. Giving my action figures playdoh clothes. Having my lego monster destroy a racecar set. Hanging my barbies by the neck to have them rescued and then dumped into into a makeshift lake by a drawing of a horse. And so on. Lots of make believe. And everything got anthropomorphized.

But I did a lot of amateur chemistry. And I was obsessed with viewing things under a microscope.

My deconstructions were less literal. I asked 'why' questions constantly. I still do this.