User Tag List

12 Last

Thread: Question

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

Default Question

Let's say we have two persons, A and B.

A is an INTP, with a well developed Ne, whereas B is an ENTP with an underdeveloped Ne.

How can you tell which is which IRL?

MBTI
    xxxx

Regardless of development, the INTP uses Ne to support Ti and the ENTP uses Ti to support Ne. In conversation, the ENTP would follow an idea without knowing where it leads whereas the INTP will have likely already thought it through a bit.
    If a deaf INFP falls in the forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

The ENTP wants to be out and about with his friends on Friday night. The INTP wants nothing to do with the public - especially on a busy Friday night.

Even if the ENTP's Ne is underdeveloped and the INTP's Ne is well developed, I think the difference is still that one is drawn to people, while the other is drawn to the inner world. It's hard for me to even imagine an ENTP, however, with an underdeveloped Ne. If they are a true ENTP, then Ne is their primary function. In other words, it's what they do best and where they most naturally operate - without even trying, that's just what ENTP's do.

I can't imagine someone like myself, an INTP, with an "underdeveloped" Ti.

Perhaps the person in question is xNTP? I have a relative who fits into this category. Very ENTP in some senses - successful entrepreneur, large network of friends/associates, loves to give motivational speeches/be a guest speaker at seminars in her field of expertise, enjoys hosting parties, but................

Also withdraws for long periods of time - the whole "locking herself in a cave for a week" thing, really gets worn out by people and their problems, has a much bigger collection of books than I do, and generally has no problem being a complete homebody.

With her, it's a back and forth thing. One week she's out and about, making things happen, traveling, dinner with friends, and seems like she can keep going forever.

The next week it's as if she's crashed and burned. In her slippers and robe at 1pm on a Wednesday, not returning phone calls, and lost in books.

MBTI
    intj
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by INTPness View Post
    It's hard for me to even imagine an ENTP, however, with an underdeveloped Ne.
    Indeed...If someone's dominant function, their main mode of operating in the world was "underdeveloped" I can't help but think they would be a rather atypical, if not dysfunctional, individual. Or 8 years old.

EDIT: Though I suppose in the interests of practicality an individuals primary function could be difficult to identify, in which case continue.
    "There's no need to be embarrassed about it, Mr. Spock. It happens to the birds and the bees!"

MBTI
    xxxx

Quote Originally Posted by LostInNerSpace View Post
    Why so desperate to have me believe I'm an ENTP? It's never going to happen.
    An INTP would have realized that it is going to happen.
    If a deaf INFP falls in the forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?

Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew_Z View Post
    An INTP would have realized that it is going to happen.
    According to your calculations when will you transform into an INFJ?
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com

MBTI
    xxxx

Quote Originally Posted by The_Liquid_Laser View Post
    According to your calculations when will you transform into an INFJ?
    I think I put it on that calendar application I never use... somewhere.

Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew_Z View Post
    I think I put it on that calendar application I never use... somewhere.
    Sounds like you have a date with destiny.
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6

Quote Originally Posted by The_Liquid_Laser View Post
    Sounds like you have a date with destiny.
    Is Destiny the one who's cross-eyed and gives out lap-dances for free?
    Ti = 19 [][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Te = 16[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Ne = 16[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Fi = 15 [][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Si = 12 [][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Ni = 12 [][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Se = 11[][][][][][][][][][][]
    Fe = 0

-----------------
    Tiger got to hunt, bird got to fly;
    Man got to sit and wonder why, why, why;
    Tiger got to sleep, bird got to land;
    Man got to tell himself he understand

Quote Originally Posted by kathara View Post
    Let's say we have two persons, A and B.

A is an INTP, with a well developed Ne, whereas B is an ENTP with an underdeveloped Ne.

How can you tell which is which IRL?

Wait, what? This question doesn't make sense to me. There are two people: A and B, and you want to know how you can tell which one is which (INTP vs. ENTP) given the development of Ne?

It's a comparison, so you're just short-sightedly comparing levels of Ne between these two individuals, which can't really give any insight into INTP vs. ENTP. What it will give you is insight into who has 'objectively cooler' Ne, not who is well vs. underdeveloped in Ne, in a general sense, and certainly not who is INTP vs. who is ENTP....as it will only be at the comparative level between individuals.

I can have a better handle on accessing Ti than a particular INTP [e.g., say, you], but, I'll still be an ENTP and that INTP will be an INTP. It's just that our comparative levels of Ti are such that I utilize it more 'efficiently', which has no commentary on how dominant this function is for us, individually, separately.

Evaluation of functions is not a between-subjects comparison, it's a within-subjects one.