• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTP] INTPs RE: the Telephone

Perseus

MBTI Type
INTP
I only use the phone for business. I hate initating calls, and receiving them is not so good either.

Spartacuss

wholly charmed
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
This must be a trait I share with INTP's, because I really do not like to talk on the phone for long at all. I know I must annoy a lot of people with this behavior, like they think I do not care about them or something. I really prefer to keep phone conversations as short as possible.

Come to think of it though the only person who usually initiates hanging up before I do is my Dad who is INTP. Also the average phone conversation between me and another INTP friend of mine is at most 30 seconds (probably less). I see the phone as a means for efficient communication and not for socializing. This might just be an xNTP thing?
Yeah. I really hate talking on the phone and get antsy after the first few minutes. 15 minutes is an eternity! OP should be grateful she gets that much.

MBTI Type
INxJ
This might just be an xNTP thing?

No. I can't stand it.

Everyone close to me including family, knows they had better not call me more than once every few months. Even then, keep it short. Otherwise, email or im me. I loathe the telephone and literally only have a cellphone in case I'm dying and need to call 911 to get my body.

Spartacuss

wholly charmed
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
No. I can't stand it.

Everyone close to me including family, knows they had better not call me more than once every few months. Even then, keep it short. Otherwise, email or im me. I loathe the telephone and literally only have a cellphone in case I'm dying and need to call 911 to get my body.
:laugh: Lately I don't like answering e-mail, either. IM is ok, though.

pardo

MBTI Type
istp
Mmh my gf got mad at me again for not answering lol -__-
It's always the same story when we are apart for more than a week..
I told her (texted, actually..) that she's right to be mad but that I hate the damn phone and I can't force myself to pick it up lol..