• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] Female NTs and Men: What do you need in a relationship?

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I wish I could clean my room to the point I'd like, the problem is lack of places to put things...

Uytuun

MBTI Type
nnnn
*clicks leash onto Mac*

Public Display of Affection
Personal Digital Assistant

What will it be? *snaps whip*

Marc790

MBTI Type
ENTP
I need intelligence! That's the most important trait to have. But following closely in second place is a sense of altruism and compassion, in understanding that the world isn't about them, and that there are others who are less fortunate and need our help.

Philosophically, I need someone who is liberal and non-religious (Unitarians are okay!), and who does not buy into silly superstitions or silly practices.

Lastly, I need someone strong, independent and assertive. I want a partner, not a maid or someone to take care of me. Likewise, I am not anyone's dad and I refuse to play the "rescuer" role. Someone should come to me already having found herself and her role in life.

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
I need intelligence! That's the most important trait to have. But following closely in second place is a sense of altruism and compassion, in understanding that the world isn't about them, and that there are others who are less fortunate and need our help.

Philosophically, I need someone who is liberal and non-religious (Unitarians are okay!), and who does not buy into silly superstitions or silly practices.

Lastly, I need someone strong, independent and assertive. I want a partner, not a maid or someone to take care of me. Likewise, I am not anyone's dad and I refuse to play the "rescuer" role. Someone should come to me already having found herself and her role in life.

+1000
(except substitute the 'her' for 'him'...)

Rajah

Reigning Bologna Princess
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Intelligence, wit, refusal to take self too seriously, indulges my quirky sense of humor, has similar quirky sense of humor, at least willing to try new things even if doesn't take to them, JujyfruitS T-shirt

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Here are 5 requirements that seem consistent for all NT females, which I think are different from the requirements of females of other temperaments:

(1) Intelligence: Under no circumstances will a female NT be happy in a long term relationship with someone who is less intelligent than she is. Female NT need someone who can teach them new things, discuss interesting topics, and learn new things with them.

Very untrue in my case. It is a plus if someone is as intelligent as me, but what I demand is an intellectual, and possibly a desire to be more intelligent, not intelligence itself.

(2) Independence: A female NT needs a partner who is emotionally independent. A female NT can not be with a partner who is needy, frequently depressed, or otherwise not in control of his emotions. He also must be confident and not feel threatened by the female NT’s intelligence.

For the most part, true. Though it would be hypocritical to demand that the partner is in control of emotions.

(3) Responsibility: This is true of other types of women as well, but female NTs are turned off by someone who can not take care of himself, pay his bills on time, be on time for work, etc. For a female NT this relates back to being independent.

Not applicable for now. I don't expect a 18-24 yeard old to be able to do all that :shock:

(4) Understanding: Many men do not understand female NTs and will attempt to woo them with traditional gifts and gestures like flowers, candy, a romantic date, or a love letter. Many female NTs get slightly nauseated at the thought of these cliché gifts, and want their partner to understand this preference without judgment. (NT females are more likely to respond to something personal or educational, like a book, tickets to an interesting event, or a trip.)

:yes:

(5) Similar Interests: Female NTs are looking for a partner in crime, not an emotional support system or (necessarily) a stable family structure. Therefore they look for a mate who is interested in doing the things they want to do, like participate in sports or other hobbies, go on trips, learn about a certain topic, etc.

:yes:

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
An an NF male....I find NT women incredibly sexy.

I am primarily driven by passion....so when you're able to 'break an NT' down a bit during moments of intimacy.....its usually very intense.

There is something indescribable about watching a typically 'together' woman (NT) give in to the throes of intense emotions. The eye contact is amazing....whether it be in conversation or love making.

I'm starting to wonder if I shouldn't be seeking a relationship with an NT female.....??

Hmmm:huh:

Who needs a fleshlight when you can get an intp?

*dies*

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Besides the obvious- intelligence and intellectual curiosity, I need someone who will accept that I need my own space and alone time and respects that. I do want togetherness but not ALL THE TIME. I also want someone who doesn't expect my to play the stereotypical female roles.

danseen

MBTI Type
INTP
I guess as an INTP i doo need some kind of intellectual stimulation, so I'd have to date and/or marry either a professional or an academic. But then apart from that, I don't care less, provided she met my standards of physical attractiveness and had some hobbies I enjoyed. I like football/soccer and yoga a lot, so if she was into those, that would be a plus.

RobinSkye

What Is Life?
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Damn. I wish I knew some female NTs... That sounds wonderful. Just what I need too.