User Tag List

First 56789 Last

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Mendacity View Post
    Often it seems like the type of men who are most drawn to me are the ones who are kind of weak-willed and who want to be controlled by their partner. This is a turn off for me, not only because it's a trait I dislike in both genders and in all people, but because I don't want to be bothered with controlling someone else. I don't worry that I have a tendency to be controlling. If I say "We will do this" and that doesn't work for someone, they need to stand up and say so. I can't be constantly worrying about what someone else is doing and where they are and blah blah blah blah. I've got better things to do and I need more space than that. I need someone who's independent because I am too.
    Eh, I have that problem, too. Submission can be kinky in the bedroom, but as a normal mode of living? Ugh.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by IF3157 View Post
    Not necessary =/= not welcome. Ask her where exactly she stands
    Last I heard she's not looking anyway; which is too bad since some of us can give pleasure and pull our own weight.
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by ListNinja View Post
    Hi everyone,

I am new to the forum and am trying to find out more information about female NTs and what they need both in terms of initial attraction and for a relationship to work long term.

I have been discussing with a couple female NT friends and this is what we have come up with so far:

(1) The man has to be as smart as the female NT and capable of holding his own in intellectual debates
    (2) The man can not be a pushover emotionally - some female NTs have a tendency to exploit weakness in their partners and can become controlling (especially NTJs). Female NTs will not respect a man who will allow them to do this.
    (3) NTs seem to be attracted to men with a high degree of talent, sense of adventure, and/or spontaneity... but we are not sure if these relationships will work long term.

Thoughts?
    I've dated very extroverted-feeler type men, and most of them I find myself unfulfilled after awhile. I don't really want a guy who is more of a social butterfly than I am and certainly not a guy who is controlling and manipulative.

Personally, I think men who had the following professions always attracted me:

novelist
    composer
    university professor

Basically, I fall in love with men first through words, so being able to communicate verbally is quite important to me. I think as an NT female, I constantly need my mind to be stimulated, and when my mind is neglected, I fall into a state of despair and engage in all sorts of excess.

In relationships, unlike most other personality types, I prefer a great deal of stability. In that, the man I am seeing is reliable, grounded, stable and dependable. I dislike men who are rude, obnoxious, boisterous and controlling.

In a room full of people, I will always gravitate towards the quiet, mysterious, aloof man in the group. I think it's due to the fact that I really do not prefer extroverted men, unless they possess extroverted thinking (Te). My scale of extroversion is around 60, so that when in quiet reflection, a man who can nurture or bring out that pensive quality in myself is what I look for.

In this day and age, it's too easy to become complacent and conformist, a man who questions the world around him and sparks debate is what stimulates my Te. Usually these types of men tend to be university professors- typically in philosophy and mathematics.

I also think that being down-to-earth is an important quality. Someone who is sort of a genius, but very modest and quiet about his achievements. I detest men who brag and strut their peacock feathers.

Looking through my past behaviour, I always seem to vacillate between two groups of men:
    1. quiet intellectual
    2. blue-collar labourer

I find that I am attracted to the latter type because they tend to be hard-working and devoted to their families, and do not mind that I am aggressive, ambitious, opinionated and intelligent.

In the end though, I think it really comes down to asking oneself questions about the nature of the relationship rather than list specific qualities.

For example: Does this person love me unconditionally?
    Do I trust this person?
    Do I respect this person?
    Does this person inspire me to be better?

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by Algora J View Post
    Personally, I think men who had the following professions always attracted me:

novelist
    composer
    university professor
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

MBTI
    INTP

You know I actually kind of had a little crush on my English comp professor. She was young and new too, I should have seen how far I could've joked with her.

Damn it.

It's times like these I wish I were an extrovert
    My cold, snide, intellectual life is just a veneer, behind which lies the plywood of loneliness.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Sanity. Levelheadedness. Intelligence. A bit o' Class. A sense of humor. And no stick up the rear.
    For starters.
    Ti (43); Ne (41.8); Te (33.7); Fi (30.5); Ni (27.5); Se (24.7); Si (21.5); Fe (17.3)
    The More You Know the Less You Need. - Aboriginal Saying

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

Quote Originally Posted by bluemonday View Post
    I'm not demanding: not-too-bright / good-in-bed works for me.

Flesh-lite - sounds about right.
    Silly woman, the fleshlight is for men!

MBTI
    intp

She intended to give it quite the tonguing.
    hoarding time and space
    A single event can awaken within us a stranger totally unknown to us. To live is to be slowly born.
    — Antoine de Saint-Exupery

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by IF3157 View Post
    She intended to give it quite the tonguing.
    I hope that wouldn't short-circuit it. The response could be electrifying.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    intp

Schwwing!
    Death by lesbo sextoy . . . sounds about right.
    hoarding time and space
    A single event can awaken within us a stranger totally unknown to us. To live is to be slowly born.
    — Antoine de Saint-Exupery