User Tag List

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: NT's Good at Math?

half mystic, half skeksis Array jenocyde's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by thisGuy View Post
    i have noticed a weird phenomenon though

in university,
    calculus and circuit analysis comes easy to users with secondary Ni. i have seen this in ENTJ, ENFJ
    linear algebra, programming and sciences come easy to Ne dominant/secondary users. i have seen this in ENTP, INFP
    I've seen this, as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Haphazard View Post
    I can only understand math as part of a system. The only way I 'get it' is if I see it in action, so I might not 'get' something until long after I 'learned' it.
    Yep. I am very good at things when I understand how they relate to other things. If I memorize a formula, I will forget it immediately after the exam. If I can apply it to something real, then I will never forget it. I am good at algebraic math and problem solving but never really cared for any other type of math until I started to really get into chem and physics.

I was really into linear programming at Uni and algebra generally. I seem to have skipped any real teaching on calculus... Not sure why, I think I stopped maths at high school and at Uni it was business stats I was learning.

I used to have a 4 hour stats lecture on Fridays, I'd always end up feeling very frisky by the end of it... maybe too much left brain for me....

Junior Member Array intuitivethinker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Synthetic Darkness View Post
    Am I the only NT who is rubbish with math? I can't understand it at all, I was only just slightly above average in primary school and once I hit high school I become below average. I can do well in every other subject but with math...I just freeze and my mind goes blank and I feel stupid and I hate feeling stupid. No matter how hard I study I always end up making stupid little mistakes on my tests that deduct from my marks and while I don't actually fail I end up with a mark that's much lower than what I anticipated.

I've always been under the illusion that NT's or maybe just T's in general were better with mathematics than their F counterparts but even the airhead of our grade does better on tests than I's completely humiliating because I work my ass off and she's off listening to the Jonas Brothers -_-
    I am terrible at maths, I couldn't do it to save my life. The only thing I could ever do was the shape part (flipping shapes and such) and algebra (very basic stuff thought). I also took no interest in it, which may have something to do with my being really quite bad, as well as a lack of natural ability.
    ~As for you, my galvanized friend, you want a heart! You don't know how lucky you are not to have one. Hearts will never be practical until they can be made unbreakable.~

In Geometry and Calculus, I don't have trouble. Algebra, I was only so-so. If I actually dig deeper and reason it out, it makes perfect sense to me (and I actually find it very fascinating and energizing when I visualize the logic behind it), so I actually have to think about it for a while before coming to an understanding. Peculiarly, I'm terrible at easy problems. To this day I forget 11 - 7, and problems like 214 x 1083 drive me crazy. It may be that I am able to juggle broader concepts with more ease than rote memorization.

Most of the time, when I received/receive bad grades on a math assignment, it's either because I made a stupid mistake or just failed to read the instructions properly.
    I 79.65%
    N 67.34%
    T 80.53%
    P 75.76%

5w6 sp/so/sx