User Tag List

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    2w3 so/sx

Default Great Cousin NTers--Send Me Your Book Titles!

Oh great and wise NTs, I need your help! I tried posting this in the general forum, but nobody except Brainheart gave me any suggestions.

So what Myers-Briggs (MBTI) related books have you read/would like to read/would recommend?

Ennegram? I don't understand a thing about it, but I'd love to learn more...

Socionics? I've heard some screwy things, but I want to compare and contrast with MBTI...

Colors?...(no, not that one dude)

Other?

Any suggestions will probably be purchased by me and added to my library...so please, share. I am eager for knowledge.
    Love is the point.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    2w3 so/sx

Hey, I know y'all read. Is it that I asked impolitely? Did I not consult the great Oz? (I...I mean, Ben Stein)

Pleeaaaaaasssseee?! I promise I'll correct all my spelling errors and get things done the right way.
    Love is the point.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

You know, there really aren't that many type books out there. I bet most of the big ones will be repeated in all of your threads. Like Please Understand Me II- it was already mentioned in the NF version of this thread, so that would make it redundant for me to mention it again here.

But I'm going to anyway, just so I can voice my utter displeasure with that book. The profiles are lame, there was barely any more new information in it than what you can find on the site already, and it's organization is annoying. Each section is the same, with the same opening paragraphs (only the type that they place in there is changed). Why do I want to read that shit over and over again? Ugh...

The Lenore Thompson book was not so well written and used lots of annoying pop culture references.

Gifts Differing was slightly better than Keirsey's, but it still had the same old type descriptions and didn't really give me any insight that I couldn't have gained off of the internet.

The best books I've read on the subject were the Berens and Nardi books, "Character and Personality Type" and "Understanding Yourself and Others." They were straightforward and gave good examples that (mostly) avoided stereotypes.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

MBTI
    entp

check the local uni library...

since the internet came out, my profs made it mandatory to have at least one paper reference as a source for my report...no, online version of the book does not count

just an example of how absolutely everything is available on the net

I can only think of authors. You'll have to do the leg work. Berens, Baron, Jung, Keirsey, Greene, Stevens, Burke, Machiavelli, Carnegie, McWilliams.

Some aren't directly presented as MBTI but they are, nonetheless.