• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTJ] why the ENTJ hate?!

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Interesting comment from a person who according to the theory wouldn't know the first thing about how Fi feels or looks :devil:

Oh and btw, I feel the same about Ti ;)
Ti put us on the moon!

Fi gets us bad poetry.

Ezra

Luctor et emergo
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I've seen some seriously offensive shit here along the lines of
- uninteresting
- not friendly
- controlling
- closed minded

I've been described as controlling on occasion, and possibly close-minded, but never uninteresting or unfriendly.

Also, you couldn't call me controlling any more. The last time I was called controlling was years ago; I can't even remember. As for close-minded, that would be a real stretch. I play devil's advocate far too much for that to be true. I'm always looking for new viewpoints - I get very tired of the same one over and over. Plus, I'm a philosopher; I couldn't be close-minded! :D

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Ti put us on the moon!

Fi gets us bad poetry.

You still needed Ne and Te to help you out with that :alttongue:

Fi tells you who you are, how to live life fullest, and shows you the entire rainbow of human emotion for you to experience and learn from. It gives you a sense of purpose and meaning in everything you do. And, when faced with the fact of your inevitable timelimit on this journey here..that's a mighty handy tool to have ;)

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
You still needed Ne and Te to help you out with that :alttongue:

Fi tells you who you are, how to live life fullest, and shows you the entire rainbow of human emotion for you to experience and learn from. It gives you a sense of purpose and meaning in everything you do. And, when faced with the fact of your inevitable timelimit on this journey here..that's a mighty handy tool to have ;)

I live life to the fullest without Fi, and I know who I am. And life need not have a purpose - all roads lead down the same path... :smile:

OP - all Te doms get it bad. Organizational skills are one thing, but forcing people to fit into a box is quite another. If someone doesn't try to lord over me, then we are fine regardless of type. My little sis is an ENTJ and she is one of my most favorite people on this planet. She is bright and kind and funny, and is in complete control of her own life - but she never tries to control anyone else.

But I also know a lot of ExTJs who perceive slights where there are none and react at a level that is absurd, to be honest - as if in shock that someone would dare to undermine/challenge them. I guess it just depends on how you express yourself.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I doubt anyone is really without any of the eight functions. Whether you're aware of using it though, is another matter. I'm sure somewhere, in a very crude way (as it is my weakest function), I use Ti. Wouldn't recognize it if it bit me in the fact though :D

jenocyde

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
I doubt anyone is really without any of the eight functions. Whether you're aware of using it though, is another matter. I'm sure somewhere, in a very crude way (as it is my weakest function), I use Ti. Wouldn't recognize it if it bit me in the fact though :D

I was teasing you and did not mean to be taken seriously or open a huge discussion. And I've seen you use Ti before, quite well.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I was teasing you and did not mean to be taken seriously or open a huge discussion. And I've seen you use Ti before, quite well.

Hehe, I wasn't taking this discussion personal or to heart, don't worry. And thanks..wouldn't know how I did that, but tnx. Same applies to you with Fi btw.. :)

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
But I also know a lot of ExTJs who perceive slights where there are none and react at a level that is absurd, to be honest - as if in shock that someone would dare to undermine/challenge them. I guess it just depends on how you express yourself.

There is no sarcasm font.

Or a I don't mean what I'm saying font.

jenocyde

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Hehe, I wasn't taking this discussion personal or to heart, don't worry. And thanks..wouldn't know how I did that, but tnx. Same applies to you with Fi btw.. :)

Jeez, no need to be insulting... :cry:

jenocyde

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
There is no sarcasm font.

Or a I don't mean what I'm saying font.

I don't understand people who would say something they don't mean. Most sarcasm is lost on me.

And I've seen this behavior in person too, particularly from ESTJs. When they feel a bit insecure, they tend to go on the offensive. It's ok though, I expect it so it doesn't really bother me personally.

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
I just generally need people to explain themselves fully over the internet.

Without body language and facial expression, it's very hard for me to understand where people are coming from.

jenocyde

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
I just generally need people to explain themselves fully over the internet.

Without body language and facial expression, it's very hard for me to understand where people are coming from.

Me too. But instead of jumping to conclusions and reacting aggressively, I just ask for clarification (Ti).

But again, nothing against any Te user or any ENTJ. I quite like you folks. My fav partner in crime on here (before she got herself banned for overreacting) was an ENTJ.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I prefer NTJs just stating what they think is going on in a forceful way and asking what the hell I'm doing AND them listening when you tell them that hey, that's not what I meant by that statement and reevaluating the situation based on the new info over being asked by NTPs to justify and explain my statements and getting them picked apart and getting accused of being illogical and therefore a liar, as I am unable to word it in a way that will make sense to them.

I find crude and blunt force to be more...digestable than cutting and disecting.

The 'AND' part is important though :D

jenocyde

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
I prefer NTJs just stating what they think is going on in a forceful way and asking what the hell I'm doing AND them listening when you tell them that hey, that's not what I meant by that statement and reevaluating the situation based on the new info over being asked by NTPs to justify and explain my statements and getting them picked apart and getting accused of being illogical and therefore a liar, as I am unable to word it in a way that will make sense to them.

I find crude and blunt force to be more...digestable than cutting and disecting.

The 'AND' part is important though :D

Hmmm... I think you are looking at the best case scenario for NTJs and the worst case scenario for NTPs. Does every NTP follow up question end in an unpleasant dissection? And does every "f**k off" from an NTJ please you and open the door for constructive communication?

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
It's more that...even if an NTJ gives me that response, I can handle it. Coz I usually know the context or at least how to diffuse it. I guess I can relate as to why they'd be that way. And, if I can't and consider him an asshole, I'll keep in mind that I might not be getting the entire picture. It..doesn't hurt as much in the way that they do it, which allows me to assess the situation better

Whereas when Ti does that, I have no clue what I can do to make them stop or when it will stop. I just wanna hide and shut up coz everything I say fuels the fire. I feel too closely involved, trapped and cannot get the distance I need to assess the situation which makes things even worse. Avoidance reflexes are bound to set in, and chances are I'll never see that they didn't mean it that way.

Kinda like a bulldozer coming your way meaning to crush you, but which you can dance around vs someone having you strapped to an operating table without anaestesia and methodically cutting out your kidney with a razor sharp scalpel.

jenocyde

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Kinda like a bulldozer coming your way meaning to crush you, but which you can dance around vs someone having you strapped to an operating table without anaestesia and methodically cutting out your kidney with a razor sharp scalpel.

That's quite an analogy. It seems like a more fair analogy would be if you were also strapped to a tree while being bulldozed. It doesn't make sense why you can't just walk away from an NTP... but to each his/her own.