• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTJ] why the ENTJ hate?!

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Oh I agree, but that's how it works for me. I know how to dance around an NTJ..no clue how to get away from an NTP that's cornering me :D

But, if you want to make an equal analogy, yes, i agree, you should be tied to the tree. I guess, it's more fitting to say that I find NTJs will stop their bulldozer if you can get them to care about you..if you show them your vulnerable side (not weakness mind you, they'll rip you to shreds!)

What stops an NTP from cutting out your kidney though?

Katsuni

Priestess Of Syrinx
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4?
That's quite an analogy. It seems like a more fair analogy would be if you were also strapped to a tree while being bulldozed. It doesn't make sense why you can't just walk away from an NTP... but to each his/her own.

Because NTP's specialize in lasso throwing, and indiana jones whip maneuvers.

thinkinjazz

MBTI Type
ENFP
Have you ever thought of standing up to us? Speaking for myself, I respect people who are able to tell me that I am wrong, and why. There's few things that disgust me more than people who just take abuse and never stick up for themselves. As for being the first to admit I'm wrong, I have to admit it's a struggle, but if I can learn from it then why the hell not? The problem many people run into is they usually don't give sufficient reasons for why I am wrong. It usually goes something like this:

Them: You're wrong.

Me: How so?

Them: You just are.

Me: That's not good enough.

Them: You're mean.

Me: That has nothing to do with this.

Them: You're wrong.

And so on and so forth.

If you are looking to knock us down a peg or two, you have to go after our "T." Arguments based on feelings and that lack actuall evidence or fact will not be tolerated. I have an INFP friend who has become a master at this. If you do this and the supposed "ENTJ" acts immaturely, then it is because they are immature, not because they are an "ENTJ."

As long as they're just teasing I think they can be a lot of fun :wubbie:. I get along w/ most of the ExxJ's I know, with the exception of ENFJ's (not all, but about 50%).

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Oh I agree, but that's how it works for me. I know how to dance around an NTJ..no clue how to get away from an NTP that's cornering me :D

Use the same tactic that I use with NFPs that badger me - just simply stop engaging them. Stop arguing back and just walk away.

What stops an NTP from cutting out your kidney though?

Distract us.

Very true. My little ENTJ sis is the only person who can stop me once I am really on the war path.

I liked her. I thought her exit was interesting. :D

Awww, memories. *sniffles*

proximo

I try to wait for someone to attack me before I light the fire.

But I thought you were just saying that in many cases you don't feel like you're able to tell whether you *have* been attacked?

Jenocyde - I'm surprised to see an ENTP saying sarcasm is lost on them! :ohmy:

*world spins on its axis*

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
But I thought you were just saying that in many cases you don't feel like you're able to tell whether you *have* been attacked?

I'm not, that's why I assume when someone rebuts one of my arguments without following the general rules of logic, that they are making a value judgment on my belief system, or making a personal attack on me.

However, despite this desire to tear people limb from limb sometimes, I will almost always refrain from attacking until I'm sure that I have already been attacked.

This situation usually results in me continuing to make logically reasonable arguments while having groundless claims asserted against my position.

Once I'm certain they're trying to take me for a ride, I man all the guns at my disposal.

proximo

Once I'm certain they're trying to take me for a ride, I man all the guns at my disposal.

Fair enough. I guess all any of us can do is figure things out to the best of our judgement and react as we see fit. I think it's important to try to remember that this is what the other person is probably doing, too.

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
Fair enough. I guess all any of us can do is figure things out to the best of our judgement and react as we see fit. I think it's important to try to remember that this is what the other person is probably doing, too.

Unfortunately, understanding other people is not the ENTJ's strong suit.

proximo

But the ENTJ who internalises that and realises it is IMO nearer enlightenment than somebody who has better people skills, but becomes complacent and overconfident in them.

I know I'd rather spend time with an ENTJ who's a bit rough round the edges, but who at least knows it and lets me speak for myself as regards my feelings and thoughts and intentions etc., than someone who considers themselves a "people person" and keeps telling me what I think, feel, need, want, intend etc. all the damn time.

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8

It's a rough ride for me, really. I know it with other NTPs, but with anyone else, I am at a loss on whether they are making thinly veiled insults, being emo or what. I don't like guessing games. And I don't like something pretending to be a joke when it really isn't. When an NFP is sarcastic with me, there is almost always something more to it there and I usually don't want to know what it is.

Do you keep in touch with her?

Well, not really because I am lazy, forgetful, sucky ENTP. But I will write her today. She rocks.

I know I'd rather spend time with an ENTJ who's a bit rough round the edges, but who at least knows it and lets me speak for myself as regards my feelings and thoughts and intentions etc., than someone who considers themselves a "people person" and keeps telling me what I think, feel, need, want, intend etc. all the damn time.

+1000. Oh god, yes.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Use the same tactic that I use with NFPs that badger me - just simply stop engaging them. Stop arguing back and just walk away.

Distract us.

Very true. My little ENTJ sis is the only person who can stop me once I am really on the war path.

Mmm, yeah I guess that works, it's just no where near as fun as taunting an NTJ :D

Although...*looks at the INFJs*
*takes notes*

Tnx!

Cranky

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
But the ENTJ who internalises that and realises it is IMO nearer enlightenment than somebody who has better people skills, but becomes complacent and overconfident in them.

+LOTS

The enlightenment part comes in when an INTJ (me) and an ENTJ (my bff) can have conversations about our feelings which are utterly irrational in nature...but the fact that we're having the conversation to begin with is quite rational.

Stop for a moment and deal with the fact that *I* as an INTJ am MORE in touch with my feelings than she is. :eek: We are both DEEPLY uncomfortable when we have those conversations, but we both are aware on a totally intellectual level that it's necessary to clear the air every once in a while. The problem is that we are both (though she's better at it) quite capable of saving up any irritations or problems we have with the other person, putting them out of our minds, and treating the other person as if they did not exist...truly. Then, when we DO have conversations that involve the word "feel" instead of "think", they all fall out, and she yells and I bawl. Ten minutes later it's all "I'm sorry!" "No, *I'm* sorry". Five minutes after that we have a detailed plan to avoid causing the other person grief in that fashion again (and have assigned blame to some men who are handy for the purpose), and five minutes after THAT, we're back to planning world domination. We can usually go about 18 months or so without having to do it again. And no...we DO NOT hug.

Notably, though she is BETTER at reading people than I am, she forgets that everyone doesn't think like her. I am FAR worse than she is at that particular skill, but I NEVER forget that others think very differently than I do.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Why the ENTJ hate?

Because most of us already have parents and bosses, thanks.

Silencio

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
QUOTE]

hahaha well put. My ENFP friend would always try to argue with me over the most trivial shit with no factual evidence... He would spew out a long speech about how I am not intuitive because I can't tell how he is feeling (BTW I scored 100% Intuition on MBTI) and I would just reply with something like 'ok' then walk away. Lol that really pissed him off.

Johnfloyd6675

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram

My roommate is ENTJ and has a 4.0, which we were both really going for before I got sick. Upon coming back, I wondered for a moment if that 4.0 made him legally a TA, because all I heard out of his mouth was stern advice and instructions to "work hard."

Eventually my ENTP champagne-cork popped and I let my mouth say the meanest things my brain could think of to him. He lasted like eight seconds before saying he was sorry and admitting that he'd been an uptight asshole.

+1 for ENTP