User Tag List

First 142223242526 Last

Results 231 to 240 of 271

  1. #231
    Senior Member Moiety's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    ISFJ
    Posts
    6,020

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vieamemusique View Post
    A fool for thinking that other people's opinions don't matter? And that I find myself interesting because I don't lack a self-esteem? I fail to see how that makes me a fool.
    You're a fool if you think other people think you're interesting. And a bigger fool if you're the only person in the world who finds yourself interesting.

    You think you're the only guy with self-esteem?

    Quote Originally Posted by vieamemusique View Post
    If you think I am a fool for thinking that everyone on this planet can be, and most of the time, is an asshole, you seriously have some rethinking to do. Perhaps it is a cynical view of people, but it's not a foolish one. I'm an asshole to people who deserve it. To the people who don't, I can come across as abrasive because I refuse to stand by and watch something I find ridiculous/unacceptable.
    And you are never wrong or unfair in your standards of what is ridiculous/unacceptable and what isnt?

    I think you're a fool for thinking everyone is an asshole and that justifies you being an asshole. By the same token you'd have no self-esteem since everyone else has no self-esteem either...

  2. #232
    Giggity Vie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8
    Posts
    792

    Default

    I'm not an asshole BECAUSE I think everyone is an asshole. I'm an asshole to people who are unjustifiably an asshole. Look at the world around you -- you're telling me you don't think that most of the people on this planet are out for themselves?!? I will admit there are some exceptions to this, but in my life I have yet to meet more than a couple people who when it comes down to it aren't considered to be a jerk.

    You're a fool if you assume you are uninteresting. No, I'm not the only girl with self esteem, but I'm curious if you find all people uninteresting or just the ENTJ type?

    I can be wrong about what I find unfair -- but the idea of right/wrong, morality, and ethics is all subjective and therefore based upon your own standards.

  3. #233
    Senior Member Moiety's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    ISFJ
    Posts
    6,020

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vieamemusique View Post
    I'm not an asshole BECAUSE I think everyone is an asshole. I'm an asshole to people who are unjustifiably an asshole. Look at the world around you -- you're telling me you don't think that most of the people on this planet are out for themselves?!? I will admit there are some exceptions to this, but in my life I have yet to meet more than a couple people who when it comes down to it aren't considered to be a jerk.
    A couple of people are better than no people.

    You're a fool if you assume you are uninteresting. No, I'm not the only girl with self esteem, but I'm curious if you find all people uninteresting or just the ENTJ type?
    I didn't say you were uninteresting. I said you are a fool if you assume you are interesting by default or that no one thinks you are uninteresting. And a fool if the same line of reasoning can't be used by others.

    I have nothing against ENTJs apart from when I do. If you're a good person I don't care what type you are. If you are consistently an asshole to everyone (depending on what that entails) then I'm guessing you're not that good of a person. But I know nothing about you. Other than what you said about yourself.

    I can be wrong about what I find unfair -- but the idea of right/wrong, morality, and ethics is all subjective and therefore based upon your own standards.
    Subjective doesn't mean justified. Or are you gonna say might makes it right? And unless you are a nihilist you're still gonna value good to an extent.

  4. #234
    Giggity Vie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8
    Posts
    792

    Default

    I assume I'm interesting based on the opinions of those closest to me. I could be considered uninteresting to some people, but I don't think I am (as I stated before, I never said others didn't, I said I didn't and that's all that matters to me.)

    I'm not consistently an asshole, but as I've said -- I don't stand for people who are and I treat them how I am treated. I don't wake up in the morning with the goal of being an ass. I actually have a very strict right or wrong code and stand up for those who can't for themselves, which as I understand it from the other ENTJs I have met IRL seem to also have. I'm not saying my morals are justified, but I am saying that they are subjective from what I view society as viewing as justified.

  5. #235
    Senior Member MoneyTick's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Posts
    252

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sytpg View Post
    A couple of people are better than no people.



    I didn't say you were uninteresting. I said you are a fool if you assume you are interesting by default or that no one thinks you are uninteresting. And a fool if the same line of reasoning can't be used by others.

    I have nothing against ENTJs apart from when I do. If you're a good person I don't care what type you are. If you are consistently an asshole to everyone (depending on what that entails) then I'm guessing you're not that good of a person. But I know nothing about you. Other than what you said about yourself.



    Subjective doesn't mean justified. Or are you gonna say might makes it right? And unless you are a nihilist you're still gonna value good to an extent.
    You have way too much time on your hands. I think its funny when people start nonchalantly debating worthless and meaningless suppositions.

    I had to take three Tylenols to alleviate the headache I got from skimming through the past 6 posts, but lets keep this tread alive, the laughter I get out of this worthlessly fueled debate on who's and asshole and who's not - is priceless.

  6. #236
    Giggity Vie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8
    Posts
    792

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MoneyTick View Post

    I had to take three Tylenols to alleviate the headache I got from skimming through the past 6 posts, but lets keep this tread alive, the laughter I get out of this worthlessly fueled debate on who's and asshole and who's not - is priceless.
    Bahahahahaa, glad to be of service.

  7. #237
    Alexander the Terrible yenom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,755

    Default

    I think this whole thread is gay.

  8. #238
    Senior Member MoneyTick's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Posts
    252

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vieamemusique View Post
    Bahahahahaa, glad to be of service.
    Yep, you've got one satisfied customer. Keep it coming .....................

    I bought 3 bottles of extra strength Tylenol to get through the tedious reading and a box of tissues to wipe away the tears of laughter when I come back for more pointless entertainment on this thread ---- so I really hope you woke with the goal of being an ass today, vieamemusique.

    As a good investor and fellow ENTJ, I'll bet my two cents you'll eventually derail "Sytpg" <ENTJ

    I just don't like the name "Sytpg," so I'm racialistically taking sides with you. I think I a need good lesson on morals.

    If it gets ugly, I'd love to jump into this thread at full throttle. keep me posted hahahahah

  9. #239
    Rainy Day Member Ingrid in grids's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1,625

    Default

    I've really appreciated the ENTJs I've known. One of my good friends is an ENTJ. One of the best teachers I've had was also an ENTJ.

  10. #240
    Senior Member Moiety's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    ISFJ
    Posts
    6,020

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vieamemusique View Post
    I assume I'm interesting based on the opinions of those closest to me. I could be considered uninteresting to some people, but I don't think I am (as I stated before, I never said others didn't, I said I didn't and that's all that matters to me.)

    I'm not consistently an asshole, but as I've said -- I don't stand for people who are and I treat them how I am treated. I don't wake up in the morning with the goal of being an ass. I actually have a very strict right or wrong code and stand up for those who can't for themselves, which as I understand it from the other ENTJs I have met IRL seem to also have. I'm not saying my morals are justified, but I am saying that they are subjective from what I view society as viewing as justified.
    Fair enough. My gripe, if you can call it that, was with deeming everyone an asshole (a concept which is quite vague in itself anyway) and the implication that you were interesting because you supposedly have self-esteem...as opposed to these other people. Which all sounded like "I know what's up but other people don't".

    Quote Originally Posted by MoneyTick View Post
    You have way too much time on your hands. I think its funny when people start nonchalantly debating worthless and meaningless suppositions.

    I had to take three Tylenols to alleviate the headache I got from skimming through the past 6 posts, but lets keep this tread alive, the laughter I get out of this worthlessly fueled debate on who's and asshole and who's not - is priceless.

    Ironic. Good for you.

Similar Threads

  1. Why The British Hate Immigrants [Video]
    By Null in forum Academics and Careers
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-24-2016, 07:21 PM
  2. [INFP] Why do people Hate the idea of being INFP?
    By CrystalViolet in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 95
    Last Post: 05-23-2011, 10:39 PM
  3. [MBTItm] Why the INFP male is the ideal match from an ENTJ female perspective
    By Harlow_Jem in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 96
    Last Post: 10-29-2010, 07:50 PM
  4. [ENTJ] Everybody hates the ENTJ
    By LeonardoLestat in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 114
    Last Post: 07-01-2010, 08:23 PM
  5. Anime. Why the hate?
    By Annyong in forum Arts & Entertainment
    Replies: 50
    Last Post: 08-25-2009, 01:47 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO