User Tag List

First 122021222324 Last

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoBiscuit View Post
    Unfortunately, understanding other people is not the ENTJ's strong suit.
    It's not your strong suit or you just don't want to make the effort with something so trivial?
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

Mainly jealousy. They are the ultimate leader type, and people who are not confident in themselves obviously envy that quality.

Because they are not P.

Quote Originally Posted by Weber View Post
    Mainly jealousy. They are the ultimate leader type, and people who are not confident in themselves obviously envy that quality.

ummm, I can name at least one great leader from history that is not an ENTJ.
    The fear of poverty turns people into slaves of money.

"In this Caesar there are many Mariuses"~Sulla

Conquer your inner demons first before you conquer the world.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ISTp

I've been best friends with an ENTJ for years. He's a very charismatic, bright, motivated guy. He has a huge social network, and people generally like him when he's in his charming mood. However, I'm one of the few people that is very close to him, mostly because people can't handle large doses of his obnoxiousness. Granted, he had a rough childhood, so he may not be a very "developed" ENTJ. This rarely got to me, however, because well... ISTPs are pretty indifferent to a lot of things. But when ENTJs are in an unhealthy, self-destructive state (which hopefully doesn't happen all that often, if ever), that's when I draw the line. This has been the case for my friend for the past year, and it was a violent, downward cycle. First, the obnoxiousness and his ego increased 10 fold. Next, the way I lived my life and the people in my life was heavily critiqued. Somewhere in there I tried confronting him about his destructive behavior (Something I really don't like to do), and he listened, but did nothing. My patience wore with him and he did one last thing that compromised our friendship. I'm sure we will make amends sometime in the future, but it's nearly impossible right now when everytime I try to explain to him why he upset me somehow it's not his fault but as a result of my own actions. Anyways, I know first hand ENTJs can be charming, wonderful people. But just like everyone else, they have unhealthy behavior. I think EXTJ's unhealthy behavior seems just a little more "In your face" than others, although that's obviously debatable.
    I have an inner monologue that sounds strikingly similar to something off Animal Planet.

MBTI
    INTJ

Because ENTJs make dangerous enemies.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    Four

Quote Originally Posted by Weber View Post
    Mainly jealousy.
    cha chinggg

MBTI
    INfP
    Enneagram
    5w4

i've become to greatly respect one ENTJ i know. i still don't know this person really well, but so far - awesome!
    Enneagram 5w4.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by ceecee View Post
    It's not your strong suit or you just don't want to make the effort with something so trivial?
    Trivial???

You just don't want to make the effort to do something trivial like computing the range of a cannon ball, given initial velocity and angle? You may assume there is no air friction.

To me, computing the range of that cannon ball is easier than understanding other people. And I'm not even an ENTJ.

What I want to say is this: what is easy (or even trivial) to you can be really hard to other people. You (general you, everybody does that) forget easily which effort you've needed to learn something once you mastered it.
    Got questions? Ask an ENTP!
    I'm female. I just can't draw women

Hate

I just found out today that one of my Psyc teachers is ENTJ and she's one of my favorite teachers. I think my perception of ENTJs could change because of her. I think I have a biased towards them because my dads an ENTJ and he's an asshole.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by Tamske View Post
    What I want to say is this: what is easy (or even trivial) to you can be really hard to other people. You (general you, everybody does that) forget easily which effort you've needed to learn something once you mastered it.
    I never said it wasn't hard, quite the opposite. I just mean not everyone feels it's worth their time and effort to learn. There is a difference between chalking difficulties up to not being ones strong suit and feeling it's unnecessary to master and yes, people could easily see understanding others as trivial. I also hate using type as an excuse for acting like an assclown and way too much of that goes on.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.