User Tag List

First 101819202122 Last

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by proximo View Post
    Fair enough. I guess all any of us can do is figure things out to the best of our judgement and react as we see fit. I think it's important to try to remember that this is what the other person is probably doing, too.
    Unfortunately, understanding other people is not the ENTJ's strong suit.

Quote Originally Posted by jenocyde View Post
    Awww, memories. *sniffles*
    Do you keep in touch with her?

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoBiscuit View Post
    But the ENTJ who internalises that and realises it is IMO nearer enlightenment than somebody who has better people skills, but becomes complacent and overconfident in them.

I know I'd rather spend time with an ENTJ who's a bit rough round the edges, but who at least knows it and lets me speak for myself as regards my feelings and thoughts and intentions etc., than someone who considers themselves a "people person" and keeps telling me what I think, feel, need, want, intend etc. all the damn time.
    I'm male and over 30, FYI.
    Preferences: 20% Extravert, 98% Intuitive, 68% Thinker, 17% Perceiving

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

Thank you.

half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

Jenocyde - I'm surprised to see an ENTP saying sarcasm is lost on them!

*world spins on its axis*
    It's a rough ride for me, really. I know it with other NTPs, but with anyone else, I am at a loss on whether they are making thinly veiled insults, being emo or what. I don't like guessing games. And I don't like something pretending to be a joke when it really isn't. When an NFP is sarcastic with me, there is almost always something more to it there and I usually don't want to know what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    Do you keep in touch with her?
    Well, not really because I am lazy, forgetful, sucky ENTP. But I will write her today. She rocks.

I know I'd rather spend time with an ENTJ who's a bit rough round the edges, but who at least knows it and lets me speak for myself as regards my feelings and thoughts and intentions etc., than someone who considers themselves a "people person" and keeps telling me what I think, feel, need, want, intend etc. all the damn time.
    +1000. Oh god, yes.

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by jenocyde View Post
    Use the same tactic that I use with NFPs that badger me - just simply stop engaging them. Stop arguing back and just walk away.

Distract us.

Very true. My little ENTJ sis is the only person who can stop me once I am really on the war path.
    Mmm, yeah I guess that works, it's just no where near as fun as taunting an NTJ

Although...*looks at the INFJs*
    *takes notes*

Tnx!
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6

But the ENTJ who internalises that and realises it is IMO nearer enlightenment than somebody who has better people skills, but becomes complacent and overconfident in them.

+LOTS

The enlightenment part comes in when an INTJ (me) and an ENTJ (my bff) can have conversations about our feelings which are utterly irrational in nature...but the fact that we're having the conversation to begin with is quite rational.

Stop for a moment and deal with the fact that *I* as an INTJ am MORE in touch with my feelings than she is. :eek: We are both DEEPLY uncomfortable when we have those conversations, but we both are aware on a totally intellectual level that it's necessary to clear the air every once in a while. The problem is that we are both (though she's better at it) quite capable of saving up any irritations or problems we have with the other person, putting them out of our minds, and treating the other person as if they did not exist...truly. Then, when we DO have conversations that involve the word "feel" instead of "think", they all fall out, and she yells and I bawl. Ten minutes later it's all "I'm sorry!" "No, *I'm* sorry". Five minutes after that we have a detailed plan to avoid causing the other person grief in that fashion again (and have assigned blame to some men who are handy for the purpose), and five minutes after THAT, we're back to planning world domination. We can usually go about 18 months or so without having to do it again. And no...we DO NOT hug.

Notably, though she is BETTER at reading people than I am, she forgets that everyone doesn't think like her. I am FAR worse than she is at that particular skill, but I NEVER forget that others think very differently than I do.
    Personally, *I* think I'm hysterically funny.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Why the ENTJ hate?

Because most of us already have parents and bosses, thanks.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7
    Socionics
    lick

[QUOTE=simulatedworld;905347]Use the same tactic that I use with NFPs that badger me - just simply stop engaging them. Stop arguing back and just walk away.
    QUOTE]

hahaha well put. My ENFP friend would always try to argue with me over the most trivial shit with no factual evidence... He would spew out a long speech about how I am not intuitive because I can't tell how he is feeling (BTW I scored 100% Intuition on MBTI) and I would just reply with something like 'ok' then walk away. Lol that really pissed him off.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoBiscuit View Post
    My roommate is ENTJ and has a 4.0, which we were both really going for before I got sick. Upon coming back, I wondered for a moment if that 4.0 made him legally a TA, because all I heard out of his mouth was stern advice and instructions to "work hard."

Eventually my ENTP champagne-cork popped and I let my mouth say the meanest things my brain could think of to him. He lasted like eight seconds before saying he was sorry and admitting that he'd been an uptight asshole.

+1 for ENTP