User Tag List

First 123412 Last

MBTI
    INTJ

I've had issues with ENTJs (who I know were ENTJs because they took the test). My main preference in a work/school setting is to be in charge, however, I don't mind others taking this role as long as they seem as smart or smarter than me and are not bossy/controlling/belligerent/etc. Most of the ENTJs I know seem smart enough, but they just have this condescending/bossy way about them that I do not appreciate. It makes me want to disregard what they say and completely go against it. If an ENTJ told me to stand I'd sit.
    My sister is an ENTJ and we get along really well, we barely ever fight. When we do have conflicts though, it is usually because she is trying to tell me what to do (cut your hair, wear these clothes, etc.) and I almost never listen. I think she is really smart and I value her opinion but I will not listen to it if it is said in a certain manner/tone. I do not like to be condescended to. I know four ENTJs (who I know for sure are ENTJs) and I would say that this bossy condescension is ubiquitous for all four of them, but I am not so ignorant that I would label all ENTJs as being this way.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    EIE

Quote Originally Posted by justxher View Post
    So it seems like absolutely everyone on the NT forum is hating on ENTJs like we are hitler. (...) Stop hating!
    You're an ENTJ for Christ's sake! Suck it up!
    (you shouldn't even really care!)

Quote Originally Posted by INTJ123 View Post
    lol... well umm to make my story short, I had a friend who was entj, self proclaimed at that. He took a little argument a little too seriously, and he resorted to...rather childish tactics. He said some rude things over the internet and I have never seen him since. All in all he's a coward that couldn't even face me after a silly argument. He also knew if he disrespected me the way he did to my face he'd get bitch slapped so he had to say it over the internet and run.
    Sounds very un-ENTJ-like. ENTJs are usually passionate debaters, but also first to admit they were wrong. And they're rather the last to have 'fear of facing' anybody.

Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    Hitler was an ENFJ.
    Yup, so they say. One of our unwanted children.

Quote Originally Posted by proteanmix View Post
    It seems to be directed at all ExxJs.
    Let's face it; it sucks being IxxP.
    *Beavis-like-laughter*

-----

I like ENTJs a lot. They were one of my favourite types at work. They feel like colder, tougher and less 'considerate-of-peoples'-feelings' versions of myself.
    (only their drive for power is pissing me off, then again, I probably have it too )
    "Act as though it was impossible to fail."
    Dorothea Brande

I started a real blog!

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by Grace View Post
    I've had issues with ENTJs (who I know were ENTJs because they took the test). My main preference in a work/school setting is to be in charge, however, I don't mind others taking this role as long as they seem as smart or smarter than me and are not bossy/controlling/belligerent/etc. Most of the ENTJs I know seem smart enough, but they just have this condescending/bossy way about them that I do not appreciate. It makes me want to disregard what they say and completely go against it. If an ENTJ told me to stand I'd sit.
    My sister is an ENTJ and we get along really well, we barely ever fight. When we do have conflicts though, it is usually because she is trying to tell me what to do (cut your hair, wear these clothes, etc.) and I almost never listen. I think she is really smart and I value her opinion but I will not listen to it if it is said in a certain manner/tone. I do not like to be condescended to. I know four ENTJs (who I know for sure are ENTJs) and I would say that this bossy condescension is ubiquitous for all four of them, but I am not so ignorant that I would label all ENTJs as being this way.

The funny thing is that this is specifically why I don't pursue leadership positions initially.

I like to wait and let someone else take over, mentally judge their efficiency and effectiveness as a leader, and take over only after their way has been proven to be ineffective.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoBiscuit View Post
    The funny thing is that this is specifically why I don't pursue leadership positions initially.

I like to wait and let someone else take over, mentally judge their efficiency and effectiveness as a leader, and take over only after their way has been proven to be ineffective.
    You sound just like the ENTJs i know.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    3w4

[ENTJ's are] the first to admit they were wrong.
    Not the ones I know. They cannot take someone under-minding their set ways of how they think it should happen.

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

ENTJs aren't as bad as ESTJs, but Te-doms are just obnoxious and annoying. We all know that.

The Fieldmarshall and the Supervisor; what could be more deserving of hate?

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8sx
    Socionics
    ENTJ

Have you ever thought of standing up to us? Speaking for myself, I respect people who are able to tell me that I am wrong, [U]and why[U]. There's few things that disgust me more than people who just take abuse and never stick up for themselves. As for being the first to admit I'm wrong, I have to admit it's a struggle, but if I can learn from it then why the hell not? The problem many people run into is they usually don't give sufficient reasons for why I am wrong. It usually goes something like this:

Them: You're wrong.

Me: How so?

Them: You just are.

Me: That's not good enough.

Them: You're mean.

Me: That has nothing to do with this.

Them: You're wrong.

And so on and so forth.

If you are looking to knock us down a peg or two, you have to go after our "T." Arguments based on feelings and that lack actuall evidence or fact will not be tolerated. I have an INFP friend who has become a master at this. If you do this and the supposed "ENTJ" acts immaturely, then it is because they are immature, not because they are an "ENTJ."

MBTI
    ISFJ

Quote Originally Posted by justxher View Post
    Where is this coming from? Have you met some super assholes in your life that youve labelled as ENTJs? Do you just assume when you see this kind of behaviour that the person is an ENTJ? I seem to find that alot of you describe ENTJs as ESTJs, which is not cool.
    Are you implying we are any more justified to hate ESTJs than we are ENTJs?

One of my very closest friends (possibly my best friend), is an ENTJ. I have no beef with you guys.

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

No idea what you're on about. ENTJs are yummy
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Only trouble I've had socially with an ENTJ is when they get over involved in a relationship then psychologically shrivel up from isolation if their partner doesn't like leaving the house.
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]