User Tag List

First 91718192021 Last

Results 181 to 190 of 271

  1. #181
    The High Priestess Amargith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi
    Posts
    14,657

    Default

    Oh I agree, but that's how it works for me. I know how to dance around an NTJ..no clue how to get away from an NTP that's cornering me

    But, if you want to make an equal analogy, yes, i agree, you should be tied to the tree. I guess, it's more fitting to say that I find NTJs will stop their bulldozer if you can get them to care about you..if you show them your vulnerable side (not weakness mind you, they'll rip you to shreds!)

    What stops an NTP from cutting out your kidney though?
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★





    "Harm none, do as ye will”

  2. #182
    Senior Member Jaguar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    12,412

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post

    What stops an NTP from cutting out your kidney ?
    An NTJ.

  3. #183
    Priestess Of Syrinx Katsuni's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w4?
    Posts
    1,238

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jenocyde View Post
    That's quite an analogy. It seems like a more fair analogy would be if you were also strapped to a tree while being bulldozed. It doesn't make sense why you can't just walk away from an NTP... but to each his/her own.
    Because NTP's specialize in lasso throwing, and indiana jones whip maneuvers.

  4. #184
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_
    Posts
    10,733

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    What stops an NTP from cutting out your kidney though?
    Often we misplace our knife and have to go looking for it.

  5. #185
    Senior Member Jaguar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    12,412

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jenocyde View Post
    My fav partner in crime on here (before she got herself banned for overreacting) was an ENTJ.
    I liked her. I thought her exit was interesting.

  6. #186
    Senior Member thinkinjazz's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Posts
    248

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by corey_vann View Post
    Have you ever thought of standing up to us? Speaking for myself, I respect people who are able to tell me that I am wrong, [U]and why[U]. There's few things that disgust me more than people who just take abuse and never stick up for themselves. As for being the first to admit I'm wrong, I have to admit it's a struggle, but if I can learn from it then why the hell not? The problem many people run into is they usually don't give sufficient reasons for why I am wrong. It usually goes something like this:

    Them: You're wrong.

    Me: How so?

    Them: You just are.

    Me: That's not good enough.

    Them: You're mean.

    Me: That has nothing to do with this.

    Them: You're wrong.

    And so on and so forth.

    If you are looking to knock us down a peg or two, you have to go after our "T." Arguments based on feelings and that lack actuall evidence or fact will not be tolerated. I have an INFP friend who has become a master at this. If you do this and the supposed "ENTJ" acts immaturely, then it is because they are immature, not because they are an "ENTJ."
    As long as they're just teasing I think they can be a lot of fun . I get along w/ most of the ExxJ's I know, with the exception of ENFJ's (not all, but about 50%).
    Holy sh**t a talking muffin!

    All shotguns and lace.

  7. #187
    half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp
    Posts
    6,387

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    Oh I agree, but that's how it works for me. I know how to dance around an NTJ..no clue how to get away from an NTP that's cornering me
    Use the same tactic that I use with NFPs that badger me - just simply stop engaging them. Stop arguing back and just walk away.

    What stops an NTP from cutting out your kidney though?
    Distract us.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    An NTJ.
    Very true. My little ENTJ sis is the only person who can stop me once I am really on the war path.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    I liked her. I thought her exit was interesting.
    Awww, memories. *sniffles*

  8. #188
    Senior Member proximo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    584

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DiscoBiscuit View Post
    I try to wait for someone to attack me before I light the fire.
    But I thought you were just saying that in many cases you don't feel like you're able to tell whether you *have* been attacked?

    Jenocyde - I'm surprised to see an ENTP saying sarcasm is lost on them!

    *world spins on its axis*
    I'm male and over 30, FYI.
    Preferences: 20% Extravert, 98% Intuitive, 68% Thinker, 17% Perceiving

  9. #189
    Tempbanned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Enneagram
    8w9
    Posts
    14,031

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by proximo View Post
    But I thought you were just saying that in many cases you don't feel like you're able to tell whether you *have* been attacked?

    Jenocyde - I'm surprised to see an ENTP saying sarcasm is lost on them!

    *world spins on its axis*
    I'm not, that's why I assume when someone rebuts one of my arguments without following the general rules of logic, that they are making a value judgment on my belief system, or making a personal attack on me.

    However, despite this desire to tear people limb from limb sometimes, I will almost always refrain from attacking until I'm sure that I have already been attacked.

    This situation usually results in me continuing to make logically reasonable arguments while having groundless claims asserted against my position.

    Once I'm certain they're trying to take me for a ride, I man all the guns at my disposal.

  10. #190
    Senior Member proximo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    584

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DiscoBiscuit View Post

    Once I'm certain they're trying to take me for a ride, I man all the guns at my disposal.
    Fair enough. I guess all any of us can do is figure things out to the best of our judgement and react as we see fit. I think it's important to try to remember that this is what the other person is probably doing, too.
    I'm male and over 30, FYI.
    Preferences: 20% Extravert, 98% Intuitive, 68% Thinker, 17% Perceiving

Similar Threads

  1. Why The British Hate Immigrants [Video]
    By Null in forum Academics and Careers
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-24-2016, 07:21 PM
  2. [INFP] Why do people Hate the idea of being INFP?
    By CrystalViolet in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 95
    Last Post: 05-23-2011, 10:39 PM
  3. [MBTItm] Why the INFP male is the ideal match from an ENTJ female perspective
    By Harlow_Jem in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 96
    Last Post: 10-29-2010, 07:50 PM
  4. [ENTJ] Everybody hates the ENTJ
    By LeonardoLestat in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 114
    Last Post: 07-01-2010, 08:23 PM
  5. Anime. Why the hate?
    By Annyong in forum Arts & Entertainment
    Replies: 50
    Last Post: 08-25-2009, 01:47 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO