ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoBiscuit View Post
    There is no sarcasm font.

Or a I don't mean what I'm saying font.
    I don't understand people who would say something they don't mean. Most sarcasm is lost on me.

And I've seen this behavior in person too, particularly from ESTJs. When they feel a bit insecure, they tend to go on the offensive. It's ok though, I expect it so it doesn't really bother me personally.

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

I just generally need people to explain themselves fully over the internet.

Without body language and facial expression, it's very hard for me to understand where people are coming from.

half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

I just generally need people to explain themselves fully over the internet.

Without body language and facial expression, it's very hard for me to understand where people are coming from.
    Me too. But instead of jumping to conclusions and reacting aggressively, I just ask for clarification (Ti).

But again, nothing against any Te user or any ENTJ. I quite like you folks. My fav partner in crime on here (before she got herself banned for overreacting) was an ENTJ.

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

I try to wait for someone to attack me before I light the fire.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

I try to wait for someone to attack me before I light the fire.
    That's very nice. Hope others follow suit.

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

I prefer NTJs just stating what they think is going on in a forceful way and asking what the hell I'm doing AND them listening when you tell them that hey, that's not what I meant by that statement and reevaluating the situation based on the new info over being asked by NTPs to justify and explain my statements and getting them picked apart and getting accused of being illogical and therefore a liar, as I am unable to word it in a way that will make sense to them.

I find crude and blunt force to be more...digestable than cutting and disecting.

The 'AND' part is important though
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    I prefer NTJs just stating what they think is going on in a forceful way and asking what the hell I'm doing AND them listening when you tell them that hey, that's not what I meant by that statement and reevaluating the situation based on the new info over being asked by NTPs to justify and explain my statements and getting them picked apart and getting accused of being illogical and therefore a liar, as I am unable to word it in a way that will make sense to them.

I find crude and blunt force to be more...digestable than cutting and disecting.

The 'AND' part is important though
    Hmmm... I think you are looking at the best case scenario for NTJs and the worst case scenario for NTPs. Does every NTP follow up question end in an unpleasant dissection? And does every "f**k off" from an NTJ please you and open the door for constructive communication?

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

It's more that...even if an NTJ gives me that response, I can handle it. Coz I usually know the context or at least how to diffuse it. I guess I can relate as to why they'd be that way. And, if I can't and consider him an asshole, I'll keep in mind that I might not be getting the entire picture. It..doesn't hurt as much in the way that they do it, which allows me to assess the situation better

Whereas when Ti does that, I have no clue what I can do to make them stop or when it will stop. I just wanna hide and shut up coz everything I say fuels the fire. I feel too closely involved, trapped and cannot get the distance I need to assess the situation which makes things even worse. Avoidance reflexes are bound to set in, and chances are I'll never see that they didn't mean it that way.

Kinda like a bulldozer coming your way meaning to crush you, but which you can dance around vs someone having you strapped to an operating table without anaestesia and methodically cutting out your kidney with a razor sharp scalpel.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    Kinda like a bulldozer coming your way meaning to crush you, but which you can dance around vs someone having you strapped to an operating table without anaestesia and methodically cutting out your kidney with a razor sharp scalpel.
    That's quite an analogy. It seems like a more fair analogy would be if you were also strapped to a tree while being bulldozed. It doesn't make sense why you can't just walk away from an NTP... but to each his/her own.