User Tag List

First 8910111220 Last

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

A public service announcement:

All types are obnoxious when they're unhealthy. All types can be cool. All types can have potentially fun interactions with all other types. Nothing is impossible in that regard!

I like all the ENTJs that I've met, but I'm sure that there are obnoxious ones out there, just like there are obnoxious people and cool people of every type.

The fact that this thread even had to be made is very sad. Also, the fact that there's some obvious ESTJ hate here, even when the purpose of the thread is to confront/dispel the ENTJ hate, is very sad.

How about we all just not hate specific types, and not be so closed-minded?

Thank you for your time.
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    A public service announcement:

All types are obnoxious when they're unhealthy. All types can be cool. All types can have potentially fun interactions with all other types. Nothing is impossible in that regard!

I like all the ENTJs that I've met, but I'm sure that there are obnoxious ones out there, just like there are obnoxious people and cool people of every type.

The fact that this thread even had to be made is very sad. Also, the fact that there's some obvious ESTJ hate here, even when the purpose of the thread is to confront/dispel the ENTJ hate, is very sad.

How about we all just not hate specific types, and not be so closed-minded?

Thank you for your time.
    +1

It's even sadder that you had to post that. The fact that some of the stereotyping is coming from other ENTJ's s is lame.

I am going to start a list of the most overused words in this forum.
    The first three are:

unhealthy
    projecting
    FAIL

It's always something... PuddleRiver's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    5w6

Quote Originally Posted by WoodsWoman View Post
    My husband was an ENTJ and I got to keep him for 25 years - by his example I'd say ENTJs are wonderful!

I agree with you Woodswoman. My ENTJ and I just had our 35th anniversary. It's hard to figure out where all the hate comes from if our husbands are any examples of the type.

"In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay one invincible summer."
    ~~~~
    A Christian's life may be the only Bible some people ever read.
    ~~~~
    "The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them" Maya Angelou.
    ~~~~
    I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ" Gandhi
    ~~~~

Twerking & Lurking ayoitsStepho's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sx

i have no hate towards ENTJ's...scared a bit? yes. but only by the NT. I feel unsufficient enough to even be in conversation with them
    Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    ayoitsStepho is becoming someone else. Actually her true self, a rite of passage.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by ayoitsStepho View Post
    I feel unsufficient enough to even be in conversation with them
    I have SO TOTALLY had that feeling when talking to ENTJs! Especially this one I'm friends with, who's really knowledgeable about current events and global politics and economics... I feel like my brain expands just by talking to him
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

Twerking & Lurking ayoitsStepho's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    I have SO TOTALLY had that feeling when talking to ENTJs! Especially this one I'm friends with, who's really knowledgeable about current events and global politics and economics... I feel like my brain expands just by talking to him
    oh yes, i get that "my brains growing" feeling as well. it can be good...but jeeze it sucks my joy out of the conversation especially if they arent able to put a little 'joking and light talk' in for my sake. lol.
    and not because im not deep, i just dont have that brain that computes all this technical stuff. plus 2 NT's i know are really cold...its like you can feel the wind blow from their cold barreign hearts.

not ENTJ's here persay, just the one's i know IRL. snotty boogers :/
    Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    ayoitsStepho is becoming someone else. Actually her true self, a rite of passage.

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by INTJ123 View Post
    lol... well umm to make my story short, I had a friend who was entj, self proclaimed at that. He took a little argument a little too seriously, and he resorted to...rather childish tactics. He said some rude things over the internet and I have never seen him since. All in all he's a coward that couldn't even face me after a silly argument. He also knew if he disrespected me the way he did to my face he'd get bitch slapped so he had to say it over the internet and run.
    That's why I would have problems with this type (if I knew we were talking about the same disfunctionally inclined personality). How can people be so sure of themselves like that and yet couldn't provide some evidence of so called righteousness? Being childish is cool when appropriate. I don't like assholes that's for sure.

MBTI
    INTJ

Why is everyone taking things so seriously? I enjoy reading what people don't like about my type. Sometimes I recognize those things in myself and other times I don't. Obviously we don't all have the exact same personalities/weaknesses but it's interesting to learn what to look out for in ourselves to possibly work on.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

I don't personally hate ENTJs.

I find them annoying at times because of their direct approach and lack of tact, but I'm sure they feel the same way about my subtle approach and insincerity. Let's face it, though... we're both Js, and if we both have different goals or methods in mind that we want control over, it isn't going to be pretty.

Luckily, though, ENTJs usually see the same "big picture" that I do, and don't try to push anything on us that isn't conducive to the goal. We end up differing only on method, which is much easier for me to swallow... if I know their way will get me to my goal, I'm more willing to go along with it even if I dislike it or see a way that suits myself and the group better.

Of course, if my interests are being completely neglected, I'll likely say something. And if I have any leverage at all in the situation, the ENTJ is usually smart enough to sense that, and decide that it's easier to compromise in the direction of accommodating my interests than worry about me causing trouble.

The only time you're in trouble with an ENTJ is when they're neglecting your interests completely and you have no leverage (of course, you're in trouble with MOST types at this point unless they're SUPER altruistic and compassionate, or so imperceptive that you can make them think you have leverage you don't). Then, you're pretty much screwed, and better off just leaving the group and refusing to help them out. Doesn't accomplish anything, but it allows you to feel more in control than going along with a plan that doesn't serve any of your interests (compassion is likely to prevent this and result in brooding and sloppiness, though). This is pretty much any strong EJ or TJ, though.

What would REALLY make me hate an ENTJ is if, at this point, they blackmailed me into going along with this plan that didn't serve any of my interests (or rather, having to do something specifically to stop THEM from choosing to harm an interest of mine rather than to stop a neutral force from harming it, or to gain something). Then I would feel very broken and disgusted. These are probably the ENTJs that give the rest of them a bad name, and I doubt most of them are like that. This is the point where I hold the individual accountable rather than the type. It would really be rather stupid and uncharacteristic, too, because in the long run, I'm likely to seek revenge... so it's kind of stupid to assume that just because I can't do anything to them NOW, doesn't mean I won't be able to do anything to them LATER. It would basically mean they weren't using any Ni, and were stuck on Te-Se.