User Tag List

First 23456 Last

Results 31 to 40 of 53

  1. #31
    Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    5,808

    Default

    Ive never really associated INTP's with sulking....maybe 'im smarter than you nee-naw-nee-naw' syndrome but not sulking.
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

    Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.

  2. #32
    Member herbpixie's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Posts
    88

    Default

    My first instinct is to lash out and argue, but I have to be pretty upset to get to that point. If for some reason I cannot do that, I will withdraw, but, like other posters, I wouldn't call it sulking because it's not a secret ploy to manipulate people. I just need to sit back and think through my feelings to work out if my own emotional reaction is warranted in the situation. Sometimes I withdraw from really emotional situations to allow the other person time to calm down.

  3. #33
    Senior Member Wolfie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    MBTI
    xNxx
    Enneagram
    4w5 so
    Posts
    555

    Default

    I have had this sort of problem over and over again as a young person. I think (at 23) that I'm just beginning to be able to turn it around a bit. I don't think it comes down exclusively to my personality, being an INTP, (I'm not 100% sure I am one), but also comes from particular life experiences.

    In relationships that I've begun to retreat from, I find myself obsessing over the thoughts "Is there something wrong with me? Is this my fault? Is this their fault?" In these relationships I begin to feel, based on my own rigid principles, that they are doing something wrong and I don't want to deal with them any longer. When I was younger I would immediately disconnect but as I've gotten older, I will give more "chances" and retreat a bit slower.

    As it has happened time and time again, I am constantly scrutinizing myself, thinking I am being unfair, or that I am not operating relationships normally. But whenever I reassess the situations in my head, I still feel that the other person has done something wrong and that I am right. I haven't quite figured out what exactly is going on and I continue to battle with myself over this!

  4. #34
    Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx
    Posts
    9,422

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfie View Post
    I have had this sort of problem over and over again as a young person. I think (at 23) that I'm just beginning to be able to turn it around a bit. I don't think it comes down exclusively to my personality, being an INTP, (I'm not 100% sure I am one), but also comes from particular life experiences.

    In relationships that I've begun to retreat from, I find myself obsessing over the thoughts "Is there something wrong with me? Is this my fault? Is this their fault?" In these relationships I begin to feel, based on my own rigid principles, that they are doing something wrong and I don't want to deal with them any longer. When I was younger I would immediately disconnect but as I've gotten older, I will give more "chances" and retreat a bit slower.

    As it has happened time and time again, I am constantly scrutinizing myself, thinking I am being unfair, or that I am not operating relationships normally. But whenever I reassess the situations in my head, I still feel that the other person has done something wrong and that I am right. I haven't quite figured out what exactly is going on and I continue to battle with myself over this!
    A third wolf! We'll make a real pack yet on typologycentral. Welcome!

    Also, your post does seem very INTP. So that definately seems a good possibility. If the "based on my own rigid principles, that they are doing something wrong" stems from a more unconscious issue (dissassociation or evasion), rather than Fi. If it's true Fi you might be INFP though, but generaly INFP's have a stronger sense of Fi and wouldn't likely resort to such unhealthy levels of Fi very easily, so I give it more chance that it stems from the subconscious. For example, being enneagram type 1 might explain this. Possibly with 9 wing. Or perhaps enneagram type 9 with 1 wing.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

  5. #35
    Senior Member Wolfie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    MBTI
    xNxx
    Enneagram
    4w5 so
    Posts
    555

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    A third wolf! We'll make a real pack yet on typologycentral. Welcome!

    Also, your post does seem very INTP. So that definately seems a good possibility. If the "based on my own rigid principles, that they are doing something wrong" stems from a more unconscious issue (dissassociation or evasion), rather than Fi. If it's true Fi you might be INFP though, but generaly INFP's have a stronger sense of Fi and wouldn't likely resort to such unhealthy levels of Fi very easily, so I give it more chance that it stems from the subconscious. For example, being enneagram type 1 might explain this. Possibly with 9 wing. Or perhaps enneagram type 9 with 1 wing.
    Hi, thanks for welcoming me! It's always a relief to find a pack.

    Sounds interesting/helpful! I just have to ask, as I'm new to all the typology stuff, what does Fi mean? Sorry if that's a basic question.

  6. #36
    Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx
    Posts
    9,422

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfie View Post
    Hi, thanks for welcoming me! It's always a relief to find a pack.

    Sounds interesting/helpful! I just have to ask, as I'm new to all the typology stuff, what does Fi mean? Sorry if that's a basic question.
    INTP's are Ti Dominant (Introverted Thinking), INFPs are Fi Dominant (Introverted Feeling).

    Fi: Fi filters information based on interpretations of worth, forming judgments according to criteria that are often intangible. Fi constantly balances an internal set of values such as harmony and authenticity. Attuned to subtle distinctions, Fi innately senses what is true and what is false in a situation.

    Ti: Ti seeks precision, such as the exact word to express an idea. It notices the minute distinctions that define the essence of things, then analyzes and classifies them. Ti examines all sides of an issue, looking to solve problems while minimizing effort and risk. It uses models to root out logical inconsistency. Ti is calm, articulate, and aware of the forces that bind reality together.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

  7. #37
    Senior Member Wolfie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    MBTI
    xNxx
    Enneagram
    4w5 so
    Posts
    555

    Default

    Thank you for that info. I have a lot of research to do! I definitely think that I am more Ti dominated, but Fi also sounds somewhat like me! I'm still trying to evaluate myself correctly!

  8. #38
    Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx
    Posts
    9,422

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfie View Post
    Thank you for that info. I have a lot of research to do! I definitely think that I am more Ti dominated, but Fi also sounds somewhat like me! I'm still trying to evaluate myself correctly!
    Here are some personal thoughts and experiences about INTP and Fi then. Maybe it will enlighten you.

    Although I can see the appeal of Fi, and at first I also wondered if I may have been a Fi user (as I seemed to score high on Fi on tests), but I've since found it is in direct conflict with my true self and that I lack use of Fi completely.
    Although I won't say it is unheard of to have an INTP use Fi as a shadow function, I can't see it being operated in a very healthy fashion and find the possibility highly unlikely. As Ti would have to be largely ingored. And it can't be a healthy thing to ignore your dominant function. I'll explain!

    That is because Fi and dominant Ti will undoubtly clash with each other, the very nature of Ti would not want to settle for any Fi based value. Being Fi dom with Ti tertiary (INFP) is a possibility of having the two work in a certain harmony though. Where Fi is the ultimate descision maker and Ti just helps out on areas where just Fi will have trouble.

    It doesn't work the other way around because Ti as a dominant function is pretty anal about things and even if you'd use actual Fi to come to any sort of conclusion, Ti will not be able to just accept it and will have to form its own anyways.

    Fi can't act as a supplement to Ti like Ti can act as a supplement to Fi.

    INTP's that think they use Fi in my experience either misunderstand the concept of Fi or are actually INFP's. ;P
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

  9. #39
    Senior Member Wolfie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    MBTI
    xNxx
    Enneagram
    4w5 so
    Posts
    555

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    Here are some personal thoughts and experiences about INTP and Fi then. Maybe it will enlighten you.

    Although I can see the appeal of Fi, and at first I also wondered if I may have been a Fi user (as I seemed to score high on Fi on tests), but I've since found it is in direct conflict with my true self and that I lack use of Fi completely.
    Although I won't say it is unheard of to have an INTP use Fi as a shadow function, I can't see it being operated in a very healthy fashion and find the possibility highly unlikely. As Ti would have to be largely ingored. And it can't be a healthy thing to ignore your dominant function. I'll explain!

    That is because Fi and dominant Ti will undoubtly clash with each other, the very nature of Ti would not want to settle for any Fi based value. Being Fi dom with Ti tertiary (INFP) is a possibility of having the two work in a certain harmony though. Where Fi is the ultimate descision maker and Ti just helps out on areas where just Fi will have trouble.

    It doesn't work the other way around because Ti as a dominant function is pretty anal about things and even if you'd use actual Fi to come to any sort of conclusion, Ti will not be able to just accept it and will have to form its own anyways.

    Fi can't act as a supplement to Ti like Ti can act as a supplement to Fi.

    INTP's that think they use Fi in my experience either misunderstand the concept of Fi or are actually INFP's. ;P
    I just took a different test and got this result:

    INTJ
    Introvert(67%) iNtuitive(75%) iNtuitive Thinking(1%) Judging(1%)
    You have distinctive preference of Introversion over Extraversion (67%)
    You have distinctive preference of Intuition over Sensing (75%)
    You have marginal or no preference of Thinking over Feeling (1%)
    You have marginal or no preference of Judging over Perceiving (1%)

    What does that mean???? I am pretty much equally T/F and J/P?

  10. #40
    Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx
    Posts
    9,422

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfie View Post
    I just took a different test and got this result:

    INTJ
    Introvert(67%) iNtuitive(75%) iNtuitive Thinking(1%) Judging(1%)
    You have distinctive preference of Introversion over Extraversion (67%)
    You have distinctive preference of Intuition over Sensing (75%)
    You have marginal or no preference of Thinking over Feeling (1%)
    You have marginal or no preference of Judging over Perceiving (1%)

    What does that mean???? I am pretty much equally T/F and J/P?
    Tests are rarily accurate unless you have a truely good grasp of the actual reasons for your behaviour as well as proper understanding of the essense of its questions. As you are new to the concept of MBTI, it is far more likely that you are biased towards certain answers.

    It is better to read the various descriptions, learning the difference between the dichotomy's, finding out the meaning of the 8 cognative functions and from that, learning what your preferences truely are and what type you belong to.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

Similar Threads

  1. [INTP] How do I get my INTP friend to stop destroying everything?
    By Coeur in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 08-17-2010, 09:58 PM
  2. [INTP] the INTP cure to doing stuff
    By marquix in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-12-2010, 11:04 PM
  3. [INTP] INTP adapting to new thoughts
    By marquix in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-01-2010, 01:34 PM
  4. [INTP] INTPs - predisposed to Paranoid personality disorder?
    By kathara in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 09-27-2009, 12:54 PM
  5. [INTP] What type are we INTPs attracted to?
    By Gewitter27 in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 137
    Last Post: 09-03-2009, 10:03 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO