MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by myexplodingcat View Post
    Not really. I'm 13.
    I would have guessed much older than that. You have a great deal of wisdom for someone your age. Its great to have a teenager who is so not the stereotype.
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by myexplodingcat View Post
    Not really. I'm 13.
    You are 13??? Awesome! You are making a great impression so far!
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by fripping View Post
    sulkmaster checking in. i mean i don't want to call it sulking because i don't isolate myself in order to influence other people. but it gets interpreted that way in the greater world so yeah, sulking.
    yeah, that seems like an F thing to do. sulking so someone notices.

my INTP brother's a mid-teen now, he doesn't do sulking in a social sense. sometimes he gets pissed or bored and complains or does his own thing, but i'm pretty sure he does that regardless of anyone being around.

MBTI
    INxP

I am a 16 year old INxP, and I sulk now and then. This is usually what happens:
    People (usually my exquisitely manipulative but otherwise nice older brother) getting me to make commitments I can't live up to --> Me realising I can't live up to the commitments I have made, and having nobody to blame other than myself, I try to run away from the commitments in some way.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

INTP's sulk? nah... not that i know. maybe I sit back a bit, 15-20 mins or so... then I've probably forgotten whatever it was. is this normal? a friend of mine is an infp & he get depressed for days on end. not really our kinda thing. (although I only know 4-5 INTPs (me, my sis and some relatives and 1 friend) so my persp. is pretty limited)
    Macabre
    -ma·ca·bre
    [muh-kah-bruh, -kahb, -kah-ber]
    –adjective
    1. gruesome and horrifying; ghastly; horrible.
    2. of, pertaining to, dealing with, or representing death, especially its grimmer or uglier aspect.
    3. of or suggestive of the allegorical dance of death.

mrbluey: 3 parts Scarecrow, 2 parts Evoloved Snail, 4 parts Intoxicated Academic, 1 part Ineptitude.

Less often than people think. In my mind sulking implies a kind of morose reasoning behind being aloof and withdrawn. I'm already aloof and withdraw from people, relationships, conversations, etc. quite often, but I don't do it because I'm resentful or sad or whatever. I mostly do it because I just don't have anything left to say or do with someone.

Once in a while, once in a long long while, I'll 'sulk'.

Quote Originally Posted by Grungemouse View Post
    In relationships (platonic or romantic) looking back I find that when I have felt wronged or attacked by the other person, I instinctively withdraw into myself and cut all means of contact with them during this time. In some ways I feel that in doing so, I'm "hurting" them so that they feel as dismayed as they have made me.
    I used to do this when I was younger. Somewhere along the line I realized it never worked. It always hurt me more than it ever hurt them. Always.

philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

I'm definitely more a belligerent arguer than a sulker. If I don't want to deal with someone (usually my parents or my emotional, snappish INFP cousin) I'll avoid them, but it's not to get them to notice and pay attention to me. I really want them to leave me alone.

Although in intimate/romantic relationships I have an unfortunate tendency to be the exact opposite of the aloof, withdrawn, INTP who needs space. I want to be with them all the time, and if they are busy I get afraid they have stopped liking me. I just always expect rejection, which is why I'm not more social- and in an intimate relationship I assume it's safe to spend a lot of time together without bothering the other person- as opposed to bothering people I want to be my friends and who maybe don't want to. I have issues. In these cases where I perceive rejection out of paranoia I sulk a little bit, to try to show how "independent" and not clingy I am.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

I doubt I would be perceived as sulky because people would be used to the withdrawal, and they wouldn't dream I was doing it because of emotion, as I appear very unemotional.

How I deal with things depends on the cause.
    --When I am stressed on schoolwork or things out of my control, I tend to revert to my tert & inf functions (Ni/Te) and go into total INTJ mode - getting things done, cleaning, organizing and planning. It's rather convenient, actually.
    --If I'm trying to work through emotions I don't understand, I generally analyze in my regular mindset and try to work out why I feel them and whether it's reasonable to do so or will do any good.
    --I've had very few interpersonal relationship issues because of commitment issues. I can definitely picture myself "debating with myself" (convincing, then switching sides) belligerently in relationship issues - "Well, this is your fault, you should have done this, this and this, while I should have done this because...- really? you agree? But this part wouldn't work because this! ha!" and once I've done that, go bazonkers and try to prove a stupid point with big words just to see if they catch on. Fighting, INTP fashion I cannot, however, picture myself withdrawing/sulking and staying emotional, because the reason I withdraw is to think things over, and I can't see myself staying emotional if I did that.
    -- I had issues with existential depression in the past. I would occasionally get into a cycle where I didn't understand why I was upset (because I can't understand why!), which would upset me. Slowed thoughts, dropped grades/times, etc, but although I appeared more snappish/uncooperative/reclusive, I don't think I sulked.
    INTP (Ti>Ne>Ni>Te>Si>Fe>Fi>Se). Rcux|I|. Possible: 5w4, 8w7, 4w5.
    Luckily, liking books too much simply isn't possible. (Let's ignore the idea that "too much" is subjective.)

right on the left wing Philosorapteuse's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

I definitely do this if I'm not in a position to fight back, which is my first instinct. I think it's more "smouldering" than "sulking" - I'm silently angry rather than moping or feeling sorry for myself, but it probably counts as sulking. I just grow foot-long spikes after an argument and can't bear company. Anyone who tries to be around me after an argument is at best going to be requested to leave, and at worst get their head bitten off. Curiously, I find I do it more now that I'm older, because there are many more situations where I don't think it's appropriate for me to snap back, or where I've learnt that the fight just isn't worth having. Unfortunately, learning the ability to keep my temper in hand and act like an adult doesn't mean that I feel it any less, so it burns under the surface and takes a fair while to go out. This is why I have no patience with people who excuse themselves for lashing out at people with "well I have a hot temper, you wouldn't understand." Oh, I would. I really, really would. It's just that I've made the effort to take the hit for my character flaw myself, rather than throwing it at everyone around me. Not goddamn good enough.

Of course, I don't always manage this. :\ And I definitely sulk when I've been smacked down or "corrected" in my behaviour/attitude or otherwise treated as a child. It can last for days, and I have to make a conscious effort to get over it, and even then I can rekindle resentment from years and years ago just by remembering it. "It has always been my study to avoid those faults which expose a strong understanding to ridicule. My temper, however, I cannot vouch for. It might be called... resentful." Not one of my favourite traits. So possibly what we can draw from this is that I'm really Mr Darcy at his worst.
    "A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices." --William James

I'd be a card-carrying sensotard, but I can't find the goddamn card.

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    I don't think it's sulking what we INTP's do. We don't do it in order to gain sympathy or because we feel resentful towards someone.

We are just naturally aloof, because we're always busy thinking.

But it's not sulking.
    Who is this, I don't even. Whoever wrote that post was not in his right mind, or was, ironically, sulking himself.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf