User Tag List

First 123 Last

Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Hello fellow Liquid ENTP. My advice is as brief as it is profound. I suggest you try out this career, and if you don't like it then do something else.

(No need to thank me. Your ignoring this post will be thanks enough.)
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com

Quote Originally Posted by Acidic Liquid View Post
    I will be applying to UNI next year and I'm very interested in this new and emerging field, and I was wondering if an ENTP would be good nano-engineer. Due to the fact that this particular field of engineering is new, there is only one path for nano-engineers to choose, and that's research... Are ENTPs good researchers?

What do you guys think?
    Richard Feynman gave the world one of the first thoughts into the possibility of nano-technology. He was also rumoured to be an ENTP. Jus' sayin'.

half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

I love research. I thrive on it, actually. I did clinical research for a while and loved it so much. I think this is suitable to the ENTP who uses Ne like a weapon - you have to be thorough beyond belief, relentless and really be able to see angles to explore that no one else can conceive of. It was writing the reports that was the death of me. The paperwork, my god, the paperwork...

I am so jealous.
    The fear of poverty turns people into slaves of money.

"In this Caesar there are many Mariuses"~Sulla

Conquer your inner demons first before you conquer the world.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by cloud View Post
    I am so jealous.
    Me too. Researcher was one of my favorite occupations ... albeit was in grad school and I didn't get paid much. Still, exploring new concepts rocks. Nowadays I spend too much time recreating the same thing over and over again.

MBTI
    ENTP

Thanks, a lot for all the replies. I have found a new confidence and some encouragement to do my best and get into the best UNI possible.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    9w8

I worked in competitive intelligence for 8 years before taking my business full time. I miss it and am trying to get back into. I love digging up information and writing about it.

Oh yeah, and having a real salary again would be nice.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Socionics
    ILE

can some explain exactly what is involved in nanoengineering and how to get into it?
    "I'd never die for my beliefs, I might be wrong"

"Is it not enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe there are fairys at the bottom of it too"

"Intelligence is being able to hold too opposing views in the mind at the one time without going crazy" - Now all I need to figure out is if I'm intelligent or crazy!

MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE

ENTP - ideas and breakthroughs
    INTJ - data collection and offhand comments the ENTP can work with
    ESTP - promoting the hell out of the rest of it and slamming beers with the ENTP/INTJ after work on Friday

It's very much a team effort. The ENTP's "research" is mostly going to consist of conversations with the INTJ and following up on the things that pique interest throughout the course of a conversation. There isn't going to be a lot of "pure" research, because quite frankly, that's boring drudgery and not the best application of resources. Meanwhile, the ESTP is absolutely critical - he's the one that's going to get the ENTP jacked up enough on extraverted energy to start blurting things out to the higher ups, and make sure the INTJ's getting laid enough to not feel like he's unappreciated.

Pumpernickel
    MBTI
    ENTJ

Quote Originally Posted by CJ99 View Post
    can some explain exactly what is involved in nanoengineering and how to get into it?
    Nanoengineering is just the manipulation of things at the nanoscale, so basically manipulation of individual atoms. There are a whole bunch of different fields you could work in it for, like electronics, materials, medecine, devices or anything, but the idea is that youre basically trying to change the properties of the material by focusing on the atomic scale.