User Tag List

12311 Last

MBTI
    infp
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    infj

Post ENTPs sound intelligent, INTPs sound boring...

Last week I was in a party and there was this entp man discussing theories with everyone (even with those cleary uninterested). Although he was a little boring with his theories sometimes, everyone saw him as the charming life of the party and was paying attention to what he was saying.
    I tried to do the same and the best I could get was a "things are the way they are and there is nothing we can do about it".
    What is this charm about entps?

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

I think, in general, they're far better at being able to include a far greater range of people in their discussions, because most of the time their primary focus is sharing the information to generate participation and new ideas, coupled with some tertiary Fe they can make others feel very included.

INTPs tend to share information when they are just trying to illuminate what they know, and reach a greater understanding [for themselves, and that of the group] and place a great deal of importance on conveying the precision/truth of the idea. There's slightly less of a focus on actively engaging the minds of their audience for a new perspective than there is a focus on having everyone understand the idea. They can also fall into highly technical language and get hung up on clarifying certain points that others who aren't genuinely interested in the topic can get a bit turned off.

That's just what I think.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Ne before Ti and higher Fe
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

Well, there has to be an advantage being an extravert. We don't like office jobs because we hate sitting down, we get lower grades for the same reason, we're more likely to get in legal trouble - at the very least you need to concede us some advantages in a social setting
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

MBTI
    infp
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    infj

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    Well, there has to be an advantage being an extravert. We don't like office jobs because we hate sitting down, we get lower grades for the same reason, we're more likely to get in legal trouble - at the very least you need to concede us some advantages in a social setting
    But you are an ENTJ, aren't you? I've never seen ENTJs approaching people randomly to inform them the new theory they just read about. The ENTJs I know tend to discuss a subject when it's already being discussed.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    IEE

INTP's don't compromise and cater to their audience. Sometimes this makes them the most interesting type to listen to, and sometimes they just lose their audience and get wrapped up in themselves. They are very intellectually self-indulgent. They usually fail to see this and will dismiss their bored audience as stupid. But at least they don't water down their message.
    =universal solution

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post

----

I think for a NT it's important to develop some sense of humor, it will help in conversations. Other alternatives for conversations would be to know the newest chitchat or whats going on in sports and if you are not so intrested in that, humor may be one way to compensate
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    xxxx

Quote Originally Posted by Silly_Siren View Post
    INTP's don't compromise and cater to their audience. Sometimes this makes them the most interesting type to listen to, and sometimes they just lose their audience and get wrapped up in themselves. They are very intellectually self-indulgent. They usually fail to see this and will dismiss their bored audience as stupid. But at least they don't water down their message.
    The simple solution to this problem is for the audience to be smarter.
    If a deaf INFP falls in the forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?

MBTI
    infp
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    infj

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post

----

I think for a NT it's important to develop some sense of humor, it will help in conversations. Other alternatives for conversations would be to know the newest chitchat or whats going on in sports and if you are not so intrested in that, humor may be one way to compensate
    Well, in my case, for example, humor doesn't seem to be a problem. I'm pretty funny and sarcastic (good sarcasm) and can get along rather easy with anyone (me thinks, at least).
    I was talking especifically about the knowledge informative nature common to NTPs in a social situation.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

Showing some cleavage works too when it comes to keeping a crowd interested.