• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] ENTPs sound intelligent, INTPs sound boring...

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Tertiary Fe, baby.

They share that with ESTPs.

StephMC

Controlled Mischief
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Interesting topic. I hear a similar complaint from one of my INTP best friends. We have a mutual friend who is an ENTP, and the INTP friend has always wished he could portray his ideas in a similar charm -- or at least have an EXXX present his ideas :p Lately he's been focusing on bringing the latter into reality though :D Not that he doesn't think he can't do it, just that it seems like the path of least resistance in his case.

Hell, he actually joined this forum recently. Maybe he'll have a comment or two ;)

Anyways, as for my actual opinion on the topic... both types seem equally enthusiastic. I really do feel it all comes down to tertiary Fe for ENTPs, as a bunch of others have said. They know how to involve people just a little better. I bet over time INTPs pick that up as well. Hell, as an ISTP, I struggle with the same thing (vs. ESTP)

Last edited:

pv255

ENTP's react to their surroundings. They float with conversation and just spill out ideas. They hear something, quickly process, and then reply. If you take a step back and listen to and ENTP's conversation it is often aimless, just back and forth ideas leading to nowhere. It is entertaining though. "Nowhere" is a bit harsh, I mean non-concise. They dont need/want structure. Their minds just deviate from the topic at hand.

When an INTP talks they, are speaking from their internal structure. We must have internal structure before we reply. INTP's don't react. Either we are observing and absorbing information, or we are talking about something we already thought about. If you listen to an INTP's conversation we are usually hyper-focused on one thought/concept/idea, and everything we say pertains to that thought/concept/idea. People's replies typically don't fit into our structure bc it either strays away from our thought or we haven't thought about that piece of data yet, usually the former.

I can be very reactive and entertaining when I feel like it, but sometimes I want to talk about what I want. And yes, I bore people to death and usually fail to get the reaction I wanted.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Ok here is a new theory. As they say in science, the easiest solution is naturally the best one, so how about: entps are intelligent and intps are not ? :D

Another problem of course is this:

ENTP's react to their surroundings. They float with conversation and just spill out ideas. They hear something, quickly process, and then reply. If you take a step back and listen to and ENTP's conversation it is often aimless, just back and forth ideas leading to nowhere. It is entertaining though. "Nowhere" is a bit harsh, I mean non-concise. They dont need/want structure. Their minds just deviate from the topic at hand.

When an INTP talks they, are speaking from their internal structure. We must have internal structure before we reply. INTP's don't react. Either we are observing and absorbing information, or we are talking about something we already thought about. If you listen to an INTP's conversation we are usually hyper-focused on one thought/concept/idea, and everything we say pertains to that thought/concept/idea. People's replies typically don't fit into our structure bc it either strays away from our thought or we haven't thought about that piece of data yet, usually the former.

I can be very reactive and entertaining when I feel like it, but sometimes I want to talk about what I want. And yes, I bore people to death and usually fail to get the reaction I wanted.

Comments like that are insulting, over-generalizing and arrogant. This wont win you even a small badge of social acceptance nor an audience.

My gf usually tells me that she loves me for being able to always keep the "red line" in a discussion revolving around various topics. She says that I always work goal-oriented. if that is true and it is true since I have seen other entps do it aswell, your analysis is just wrong. Therefore you cant toss a generalization around with which you directly insult everybody and then later on say "Intps do not have that problem cause they dont deal with the puny shit of people at all. We intps are on a higher plane of existance."

With such statements you wont only make people not like you, no you will even anger them. And the even more important problem is: you are wrong.

Kaizer

sophiloist
MBTI Type
INTp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
:happy2:
:smooch:
:cheers:
:campfire:
:encore:
:beathorse:
:smoke:
:bored:
:popc1:
:notthechildren:
:harley:

wait. it wasn't smiley season?

m'bad!!!

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
jaja, a camel going thru an eye is more likely than an american (substitute with Fi - dom or Ti - dom as you see fit :)) to overcome false pride.

Kaizer

sophiloist
MBTI Type
INTp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i just indulged in borderline flagrant smiley usage.

but just for clarity's sake, who/what is the american, who/what the camel, and who/what the eye of the needle?

p.s. this looks like it might possibly be 'fun' sans those smileys even

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
i just indulged in borderline flagrant smiley usage.

but just for clarity's sake, who/what is the american, who/what the camel, and who/what the eye of the needle?

p.s. this looks like it might possibly be 'fun' sans those smileys even

I guess thats the point when intps start to complain about 'why entps just do not make sense': We never give away our secrets and if we do, its because we knew the other one would understand. Thats the only way to protect a fragile heart between carnivores. :)

Kaizer

sophiloist
MBTI Type
INTp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I guess thats the point when intps start to complain about 'why entps just do not make sense': We never give away our secrets and if we do, its because we knew the other one would understand. Thats the only way to protect a fragile heart between carnivores. :)
Just looking to get specific info to be able to please the 'fragile heart' of the whoever it is.

also, carnivores? where? help a poor Fe inferior if you will please sire for even Fe inferiors have bits made of flesh & bone.

p.s. maintaining a smiley free posts run

pv255

Comments like that are insulting, over-generalizing and arrogant. This wont win you even a small badge of social acceptance nor an audience.

My gf usually tells me that she loves me for being able to always keep the "red line" in a discussion revolving around various topics. She says that I always work goal-oriented. if that is true and it is true since I have seen other entps do it aswell, your analysis is just wrong. Therefore you cant toss a generalization around with which you directly insult everybody and then later on say "Intps do not have that problem cause they dont deal with the puny shit of people at all. We intps are on a higher plane of existance."

With such statements you wont only make people not like you, no you will even anger them. And the even more important problem is: you are wrong.

I should have specified who I was responding to. I only read the OP and a handful of the post on the first page. I agree, it is generalized. If you thought I was responding to a specific situation than you are mistaken. However I do not think it was overly generalized.

Good thing my goal wasn't to win a popularity contest or I might be devastated. Nevertheless my goal was not to be insulting or arrogant. I only meant to point out the difference. My tone is more from my irritation with the general public's system of recognition than from any grievance with ENTP's. I do believe INTP's are on a different plane of existence. Superiority is task specific.

If I am wrong, please enlighten me.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
It's your life and you can do with it what you like. if you tho ever are intrested in socializing more with people so you can get your ideas thru more easily, one hint from me: never think you are better or different no matter in what task. and dont try to separate the casual and the emotional in your speech, rather combine it and pay everyone the respect he or she always deserves.

pv255

It's your life and you can do with it what you like. if you tho ever are intrested in socializing more with people so you can get your ideas thru more easily, one hint from me: never think you are better or different no matter in what task. and dont try to separate the casual and the emotional in your speech, rather combine it and pay everyone the respect he or she always deserves.

Huh? I am not suggesting anyone do anything or any type of holistic supremacy. Someone asked why ENTP's are charming and sound intelligent and why INTP sound dull and boring. I just answered the question.

NotOfTwo

small potatoes
MBTI Type
INTP
I have only spent significant time with one entp. It was fascinating to see how similar and yet not we were. I think I appreciated him more than he me.
One difference I noticed was that he was less accurate and cared more about people's opinions. Not surprising, I suppose. I think we could have been friends. I enjoyed his knowledge and enthusiasm. He did seem to push his conclusions on others more than I do.

exact

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENTP
It sounds that way, because it is true!

Note my hypnotic green ears.

Did it work?