User Tag List

First 7891011 Last

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

Quote Originally Posted by braziljoe View Post
    In my case, the entp in question would throw out subjects like "the evolutionary origin of women's gossip and their need of it" to gossiping women in the room (which I found totally inappropriate) . The women got shocked by the subjective implication that they were gossiping and felt somewhat offended, but then the entp man would say "oh, when I mean gossip, I mean the strong alertness to the surrounding environment women so strongly have, and It's definitely an advantage over men's focus on a single thing", and the women felt complimented.
    And btw, that's more of a humorous thing. The entps I fancy see things from multiple perspectives. So when people feel insulted by something i'd say it's more often than not originated in a bias in the audience's perspective. So i'd simply turn it around in a way that'd scratch their bias in the right way. I'd probably try to debunk their bias next, or go on a tangent about something vaguely related and forget I ever said the first thing.

The term bs generally means that people assume the entp lies or modifies informations when it tends to just be a (perhaps humorous) perspective switch
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

“I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

"Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII

Quote Originally Posted by Qre:us View Post
    ENTP is a pre? As in prerequisite?
    Ha. I was going to write "ENTP is a pretty cool type though, one of my favorite types." Then I changed my mind. :P

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by jenocyde View Post
    I understand the definition, and I defined both terms earlier - so why you are restating what I already stated is beyond me.
    I missed that part.

Your response is very typical of what I am trying to illustrate. INTPs tend to talk and tend not to listen to the response.
    I listen unless i get the idea that other isnt talking about same thing or isnt talking about the key issue.

My main point is that many times, INTPs will talk and will not *let* you respond by using tactics such as talking over you or interrupting you. If not, they will simply ignore what you have said, lest they get distracted from their point, so it ends up becoming a lecture, not a conversation.
    If you talk about something thats irrelevant to key issue you will get interrupted. Because atleast for me, its same as you would start talking about something totally different. You might get interrupted pretty fast because intps tend to figure out the key issue pretty fast.
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    If you talk about something thats irrelevant to key issue you will get interrupted. Because atleast for me, its same as you would start talking about something totally different. You might get interrupted pretty fast because intps tend to figure out the key issue pretty fast.
    So if you talk about a what i percieve as a hypercube and only see a cube, I'm wrong for indicating an extra dimension ?
    And as your perception is 3D, wouldn't I need to use alternative means to uncover that extra strand of intel?
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

“I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

"Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by EcK View Post
    So if you talk about a what i percieve as a hypercube and only see a cube, I'm wrong for indicating an extra dimension ?
    And as your perception is 3D, wouldn't I need to use alternative means to uncover that extra strand of intel?
    Too hard english for me to understand
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    I think, in general, they're far better at being able to include a far greater range of people in their discussions, because most of the time their primary focus is sharing the information to generate participation and new ideas, coupled with some tertiary Fe they can make others feel very included.

INTPs tend to share information when they are just trying to illuminate what they know, and reach a greater understanding [for themselves, and that of the group] and place a great deal of importance on conveying the precision/truth of the idea. There's slightly less of a focus on actively engaging the minds of their audience for a new perspective than there is a focus on having everyone understand the idea. They can also fall into highly technical language and get hung up on clarifying certain points that others who aren't genuinely interested in the topic can get a bit turned off.

That's just what I think.
    Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.
    "Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave."

half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by kathara View Post
    Again, the medium does challenge you more, but there's has to be something there to be challenged to begin with. E.g. if I read a book thoroughly then discussed it in a workshop, even though not so verbally as an extrovert, then I would mentally gain more than an extrovert who flipped through it, then caught bits and pieces from the other talkers.
    Why does the introvert read and the extrovert skim? That is not a true comparison. A better comparison is two people who read the book and one person ponders it while the other one discusses it.

Quote Originally Posted by braziljoe View Post
    The women got shocked by the subjective implication that they were gossiping and felt somewhat offended, but then the entp man would say "oh, when I mean gossip, I mean the strong alertness to the surrounding environment women so strongly have, and It's definitely an advantage over men's focus on a single thing", and the women felt complimented.
    Ok, I am totally guilty of this. I spin things so as not to offend, or if I *want* to directly offend. And I give back handed compliments.

Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    How will you know if it's relevant unless you give the speaker a chance to say something? Either way, this isn't that big of a deal, we are cut from the same cloth, so I tend to "get" INTPs and I adore them. I was just answering the OP's question with my experience but it's not my intention to slam you guys. I think INTPs are the cat's meow.

MBTI
    ENTP

My lovely, lovely INTP boyfriend often talks me to sleep on the phone, and continues speaking to me for 20-30 mins even though he knows I am fast asleep, bless his heart.
    ENTP's are so gushy when in love.
    "Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave."

Une Femme est une femme paperoceans's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    8w7

The main problem is that INTPs go on and on long after you have lost complete interest in the topic. I'll admit, sometimes reading the threads in here puts me into a coma. A lot of the times when I read posts by INTPs, my mind just drifts off into space.

I have a friend who I suspect is an INTP, but I do not know her well enough. She's a nice girl, but it's so hard to have a conversation with her. She can talk for twenty minutes straight, regardless if you try to butt in. It's kind of irritating...
    Between that cigarillo and sticking my finger down my throat to see if I could DT, I feel like puking RN.

Read my Blog.

Quote Originally Posted by Yosako View Post
    Do you get your poetry inspiration from alcohol or what?
    I'd rather read FDG's posts, than yours which suggested poisoning a dog.
    Go eat some chocolate.