First 678910 Last

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII

Quote Originally Posted by EcK View Post
    Mh I understand. But I think alot of entps learn to admit what they don't know. I mean, how else could we learn.
    I find it sort of odd that the guy would defend something he likes in a pretty irrational way as there's always a rational one could find to defend pretty much everything. But hey, I really need some sleep at the moment so I might be the shapest conversationalist ever at the moment.
    Right, not all of them will do this. One of my female ENTP friend is pretty good at knowing what's she talking about and admitting when she doesn't. Just something that I've noticed in some.

MBTI
    infp
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    infj

Lightbulb

In my case, the entp in question would throw out subjects like "the evolutionary origin of women's gossip and their need of it" to gossiping women in the room (which I found totally inappropriate) . The women got shocked by the subjective implication that they were gossiping and felt somewhat offended, but then the entp man would say "oh, when I mean gossip, I mean the strong alertness to the surrounding environment women so strongly have, and It's definitely an advantage over men's focus on a single thing", and the women felt complimented.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII

^Lol. Exactly.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by braziljoe View Post
    In my case, the entp in question would throw out subjects like "the evolutionary origin of women's gossip and their need of it" to gossiping women in the room
    (which I found totally inappropriate)
    But very funny.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

In my case, the entp in question would throw out subjects like "the evolutionary origin of women's gossip and their need of it" to gossiping women in the room (which I found totally inappropriate) . The women got shocked by the subjective implication that they were gossiping and felt somewhat offended, but then the entp man would say "oh, when I mean gossip, I mean the strong alertness to the surrounding environment women so strongly have, and It's definitely an advantage over men's focus on a single thing", and the women felt complimented.
    Oh . yeah. Guilty as charged.
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

“I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

"Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    Bas gaza a?k?m bas gaza
    Kim tutar seni bas gaza
    Yollar senin hi durma
    Hadi uur beni burda

Bas gaza a?k?m bas gaza
    Kim tutar seni bas gaza
    Yollar senin hi durma
    Hadi uur beni burda

Bas gaza a?k?m bas gaza
    Kim tutar seni bas gaza
    Yollar senin hi durma
    Hadi uur beni burda
    Do you get your poetry inspiration from alcohol or what?

Quote Originally Posted by Lauren Ashley View Post
    I have many from various science lectures, meetings, etc that I've been forced to or chose to participate in. But I'll use one of my ENTP friends as an example, since it would take longer to explain the others.
    [...]

I have many more examples if that one wasn't sufficient. But I think that should give you the general idea which is that the ENTP will use their natural glibness and inventiveness to cover up that they don't actually know entirely what they're discussing.
    You have some shady people in your life, dudes. I can't relate to this at all, nor in any of the ENTPs I know. The unhealthy ones, who are liars more than they are a representation of a type, yeah, I can see that.

Quote Originally Posted by EcK View Post
    Mh I understand. But I think alot of entps learn to admit what they don't know. I mean, how else could we learn.
    I find it sort of odd that the guy would defend something he likes in a pretty irrational way as there's always a rational one could find to defend pretty much everything. But hey, I really need some sleep at the moment so I might be the shapest conversationalist ever at the moment.
    ^ This. I won't ever, ever, ever manufacture a lie (BS) to 'win' a point, EVER! That goes against every grain of ideal I hold in a debate...meaning, I will know that I didn't win the debate. I can't revel in a win if it's truly not a win. And, I don't give up a chance to revel in my glory for anyone, esp. not myself, who know better. Hence, it's illogical for me to BS in those instances.

Secondly, as Eugh said, there's always an angle for counter, if you can get creative enough, without needing to change the facts.

Thirdly, it bugs me if I'm not sure about a fact, to the point, I'll always tell the other, 'wait, lemme check up on this,' or 'I am not too sure about this, but, IF it were true then......' + 'If it weren't true, the argument would still hold, cuz [introduce another angle].........'

I don't BS unless I'm AIMING to bullshit [for my amusement]. If my aim is anything other than bullshitting, like engaging in a convo for the sake of an idea, like wanting to win a debate, etc., then that brand of BS is foreign to me, as an ENTP.

Right, not all of them will do this. One of my female ENTP friend is pretty good at knowing what's she talking about and admitting when she doesn't. Just something that I've noticed in some. ENTP is a pre
    ENTP is a pre? As in prerequisite?

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

It's not poetry it's a turkish song
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII

Quote Originally Posted by Qre:us View Post
    You have some shady people in your life, dudes. I can't relate to this at all, nor in any of the ENTPs I know. The unhealthy ones, who are liars more than they are a representation of a type, yeah, I can see that.
    They're fine otherwise. I wouldn't say unhealthy, more undeveloped.

Quote Originally Posted by Qre:us View Post
    Thirdly, it bugs me if I'm not sure about a fact, to the point, I'll always tell the other, 'wait, lemme check up on this,' or 'I am not too sure about this, but, IF it were true then......' + 'If it weren't true, the argument would still hold, cuz [introduce another angle].........'
    Yes, that's Ti fact-checking. I think in these cases, it's an overinflation/overuse of Ne.

MBTI
    intj
    Enneagram

But I think that should give you the general idea which is that the ENTP will use their natural glibness and inventiveness to cover up that they don't actually know entirely what they're discussing.
    Lol. I love ENTPs. Having said that, I have seen this behavior from some of them.
    "There's no need to be embarrassed about it, Mr. Spock. It happens to the birds and the bees!"