• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] ENTPs sound intelligent, INTPs sound boring...

S

Sniffles

Some ENTPs sound intelligent and some are very intelligent (emphasis on some, because others just seem a little loopy, and not in a good way). Their ability to convey ideas and captivate their audience is unparalleled. The only problem is when the ENTP doesn't have all or even most of the facts on whatever topic they're discussing, and it is readily apparent to those who are familiar with the topic and/or are very perceptive. They just use Ne to BS through holes in their explanations, and use it some more if anyone notices and questions them on it.
+1 I notice this all the time with my many discussions with them here.

kathara

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Apparently not, since that made no damn sense. No one type is smarter than any another.

I would not qualify I/E as types. Nonetheless, if we define intelligence in the classical sense, it is more likely that someone who is turned towards her/himself is more intelligent that someone who is consuming energy and time talking to others.

Lauren Ashley

Revelation
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't see how its bs if you relate one thing to another. As long as the patterns match it can be a fit conceptually speaking

BS meaning they make up something on the spot which one knows isn't actually the facts of the matter, if one is familiar with the topic.

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
BS meaning they make up something on the spot which one knows isn't actually the facts of the matter, if one is familiar with the topic.
mh. Any example in mind ?

Jaguar

Nonetheless, if we define intelligence in the classical sense, it is more likely that someone who is turned towards her/himself is more intelligent that someone who is consuming energy and time talking to others.

I won't hold that inane drivel against any other INTP. :wacko:

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
I don't really see you engaging in that obnoxious behavior like many others in this forum.
There's a sense of fairness in many of your posts.

Thank you. It's true that there are a lot of annoying ENTPs in particular, I won't debate that.

Now the INTP may sound very boring, but they usually have every detail worked out entirely and could expound on any minutiae a person could ask them about.

Hahaha, that's only if they can answer the question without stammering and getting flustered. :D

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
I would not qualify I/E as types. Nonetheless, if we define intelligence in the classical sense, it is more likely that someone who is turned towards her/himself is more intelligent that someone who is consuming energy and time talking to others.

Uhm, so talking to others is just a waste of energy and time and never an useful mental exercise? :shock: What about learning languages? Debates? Lectures? :shock:

EcK

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
onemoretime trying to lecture me on the origins of Christianity.

Well, I didn't read that as it was long and boring. But you did say some pretty dumb stuff about the role of religions in the definition of moral systems for example, I don't think attacking that was such a bad idea.

But again, haven't read both sides of the argument so I can't really say. What about the origins of christianity thingie ? 'm sort of curious

kathara

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Uhm, so talking to others is just a waste of energy and time and never an useful mental exercise? :shock: What about learning languages? Debates? Lectures? :shock:

All are addenda to processes that are internal.

S

Sniffles

Well, I didn't read that as it was long and boring. But you did say some pretty dumb about the role of religions in the definition of moral systems for example.
Morals are based off religion. Perhaps you're thinking of ethics.

EcK

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Morals are based off religion. Perhaps you're thinking of ethics.

Oh I thought about ethics when writing my post, so you don't precisely need to lecture me on that but nah, morals are NOT(exclusively) based on religions. And religions are not required to have a moral system at all. That sort of grouping is even rather insulting to humanity in general.

kathara

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
There is no counterargument against stupidity.
Maybe you can argue with yourself.

Anyone making a claim without backing it up with proper arguments is an idiot.

S

Sniffles

Oh I thought about ethics when writing my post, so you don't precisely need to lecture me on that but nah, morals are NOT(exclusively) based on religions. And religions are not required to have a moral system at all. That sort of grouping is even rather insulting to humanity in general.

[youtube="teMlv3ripSM"]Peguy vs. Eck[/youtube]

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
Well, duh!

Uh Uh Uh Ah ah ahh

41769011.DSC_9847SmilingMonkeyCROP.jpg