half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    For me its because i talk to you without asking and i expect you to do the same if your intrested.
    I don't understand... You walk up to someone and start talking? Either way, conversations happen between 2 or more people - lectures are what I get from INTPs, not conversations.

Are you sure its not only that they forgot to say everything because they get too involved explaining the details? If you are sure about that, are you sure its what more than one intp does?
    I agree with this - I've never known an INTP to skimp on the details.

Quote Originally Posted by jenocyde View Post
    I am always acutely aware of how I am being received. If I notice someone glance away for even a second, I speed up the explanation, change the subject or inject something humorous in to draw everyone back in and get everyone commenting and talking back.
    This is very, very true for me, I am very aware of picking up non-verbal cues from others, and shifts in dynamics of a group....I know when someone is getting bored, or 'humouring' me.

And, I stop, cuz it feels like wasted breath and bullshit social niceties, so I'll try another way of presenting my material. There's a 1000 and 1 ways to present something, and the more ways you can accurately do so, the deeper the understanding you have of the topic. And the curiosity in the knowledge is too much for me to hold - I must share.

While my INTP friend is just.........dry. He knows what he knows and that's that. He has a monotone and it's the same with the presentation of the topic, and thus, the resulting engagement in the topic is also the same theme - dry. Drought. I feel parched at the end, like, I need water as my mouth has turned to cotton after that long of inaction.

My brain too, a bit.......cuz I think the best way to stimulate the brain [others, audience] is active engagement, not passive transfer of knowledge, which is the diff. b/w the ENTP way and the INTP way. Lead with Ne versus Ti.

If the topic is already an interest of mine, I have to put in conscious effort to 'pay attention' when my INTP friend speaks, and I'm always glad after, cuz he speaks to such depth and precision on the topic....but it's an active EFFORT to pay attention. While, when I may present on the topic, my way promotes active ENGAGEMENT. (basically, ENTPs 'care' about the audience, INTPs don't)

MBTI
    ?
    Enneagram
    5w4

You'd think that with Fe ranking 4th in the INTP's functions that we would end up noticing emotional cues... but alas I'm going to hypothesize that since most INTPs one will encounter are males, that their emotional intelligence has been stunted by societal expectation.

ENTPs come off better to people because of their extroversion. People know where they stand because they are forthcoming in a social environment. Sadly, introverted thinkers confuse people by not sending out relational signals, and people will end up wondering if the IxTx likes/hates them.
    "Stop it, you fuck. Give him some butter."
    Ti
    = Ne > Ni > Fi > Te > Se > Fe > Si INTP (I/PNT) 5w4

Quote Originally Posted by jenocyde View Post
    lectures are what I get from INTPs, not conversations.
    Most ENTPs don't have conversations, they have debates.
    I bet they debate themselves in the mirror, when they get desperate for attention.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew_Z View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Silly_Siren
    INTP's don't compromise and cater to their audience. Sometimes this makes them the most interesting type to listen to, and sometimes they just lose their audience and get wrapped up in themselves. They are very intellectually self-indulgent. They usually fail to see this and will dismiss their bored audience as stupid. But at least they don't water down their message.
    The simple solution to this problem is for the audience to be smarter.
    Unfortunately, no. The answer would be to be interested in the things the INTP is interested in. I don't like math, but I am better at math than some people who like it. Interest does not necessarily indicate skill. It's like confusing Myers-Briggs for abilities instead of preferences. But thank you for proving my point.
    =universal solution

Riva

ENTPs don't just SOUND intelligent, they are intelligent.

Whoever made this personality type thing said it on several occasions that ENTPs are the smartest type.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Curzon View Post

Whoever made this personality type thing said it on several occasions that ENTPs are the smartest type.
    Sorry, but an I is smarter than an E.

Quote Originally Posted by Curzon View Post

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

*looks around at recent responses, hits his EJECT button*

MBTI
    ?
    Enneagram
    5w4

ENTP's have a more developed Fe to better shmooze the audience with.

*feeds the flames*
    "Stop it, you fuck. Give him some butter."
    Ti
    = Ne > Ni > Fi > Te > Se > Fe > Si INTP (I/PNT) 5w4