First 123412 Last

half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

What everyone said above, basically. I think INTPs are so wrapped up in themselves, they fail to notice or even care about others. No Fe.

I find that INTPs just talk at you and rarely try to engage you, or even care if you are engaged. When they see my eyes glaze over with boredom, they hardly notice and continue on rambling in detail, interjecting their own monologues to giggle at some random non-sequitor, go back to rambling and then stop to explain the whole history about a phrase they used before getting back to the once-interesting but now tedious topic. And they can really go on *forever* and never really get to the damn point. And get annoyed when you try to make them bring it on home.

I am always acutely aware of how I am being received. If I notice someone glance away for even a second, I speed up the explanation, change the subject or inject something humorous in to draw everyone back in and get everyone commenting and talking back.

Most times when I talk to an INTP, they don't appreciate back and forth banter - when they are on about a subject, they will never let you get a word in edgewise - *never*. The minute I open my mouth to respond after being silent for 15 minutes, I am immediately interrupted and spoken over. This is the only time I see INTPs get assertive and loud. It can be quite annoying.

My lovely, lovely INTP boyfriend often talks me to sleep on the phone, and continues speaking to me for 20-30 mins even though he knows I am fast asleep, bless his heart.

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

Jesus, the fastest way to get me asleep is to talk to me on the phone...if I don't get up and walk around/pace I'll fall right asleep on the line.

Bless his heart, and his stamina, indeed.

half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    Jesus, the fastest way to get me asleep is to talk to me on the phone...if I don't get up and walk around/pace I'll fall right asleep on the line.

Bless his heart, and his stamina, indeed.
    Normally, neither one of us is a phone person, but we actually enjoy speaking to each other so much that the hours fly by. It is what it is...

MBTI
    ENTP

My Dad (intp) does voices. I've actually watched him over time learn public speaking skills. He interjects jokes, does voices, sometimes will dance a jig...but just 10 years ago he was giving a straight lecture.

Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

All of the extraverted functions are geared toward communication while the introverted ones are not. Additionally Ne is probably the best function to communicate ideas, especially in a casual setting. ENTPs also appear more enthusiastic about their ideas, and enthusiasm is contagious.
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

Entps are good at metaphores, throwing simili to connect easily understandable concepts with something more abstract, and making handcrafted examples adapted to the audience.
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

“I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

"Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    3w4

With me, INTPs seem to withhold information when explaining things as if they are scared their audience will be 'as smart as them'. It's like they don't want their students to become the teacher

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    3w4

addition: Where as ENTPs are willing to teach people because they have a passion for their ideas and they want to see them grow

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by jenocyde View Post
    I find that INTPs just talk at you and rarely try to engage you
    For me its because i talk to you without asking and i expect you to do the same if your intrested.

Quote Originally Posted by EcK View Post
    Entps are good at metaphores, throwing simili to connect easily understandable concepts with something more abstract, and making handcrafted examples adapted to the audience.
    Intps are good at this too if they got good Ne. Entps naturally have advantage to this.

Quote Originally Posted by 2XtremeENFP View Post
    With me, INTPs seem to withhold information when explaining things as if they are scared their audience will be 'as smart as them'. It's like they don't want their students to become the teacher
    Are you sure its not only that they forgot to say everything because they get too involved explaining the details? If you are sure about that, are you sure its what more than one intp does?
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

ThatGirl

The difference is enthusiasm and content.