Tertiary Fe, baby.

They share that with ESTPs.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    Tertiary Fe, baby.

They share that with ESTPs.
    Marmie ! You are back !! How was the exile ?
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ISTp

Interesting topic. I hear a similar complaint from one of my INTP best friends. We have a mutual friend who is an ENTP, and the INTP friend has always wished he could portray his ideas in a similar charm -- or at least have an EXXX present his ideas :P Lately he's been focusing on bringing the latter into reality though Not that he doesn't think he can't do it, just that it seems like the path of least resistance in his case.

Hell, he actually joined this forum recently. Maybe he'll have a comment or two

Anyways, as for my actual opinion on the topic... both types seem equally enthusiastic. I really do feel it all comes down to tertiary Fe for ENTPs, as a bunch of others have said. They know how to involve people just a little better. I bet over time INTPs pick that up as well. Hell, as an ISTP, I struggle with the same thing (vs. ESTP)
    Last edited by StephMC; 04-03-2012 at 09:44 PM.
    I have an inner monologue that sounds strikingly similar to something off Animal Planet.

ENTP's react to their surroundings. They float with conversation and just spill out ideas. They hear something, quickly process, and then reply. If you take a step back and listen to and ENTP's conversation it is often aimless, just back and forth ideas leading to nowhere. It is entertaining though. "Nowhere" is a bit harsh, I mean non-concise. They dont need/want structure. Their minds just deviate from the topic at hand.

When an INTP talks they, are speaking from their internal structure. We must have internal structure before we reply. INTP's don't react. Either we are observing and absorbing information, or we are talking about something we already thought about. If you listen to an INTP's conversation we are usually hyper-focused on one thought/concept/idea, and everything we say pertains to that thought/concept/idea. People's replies typically don't fit into our structure bc it either strays away from our thought or we haven't thought about that piece of data yet, usually the former.

I can be very reactive and entertaining when I feel like it, but sometimes I want to talk about what I want. And yes, I bore people to death and usually fail to get the reaction I wanted.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Ok here is a new theory. As they say in science, the easiest solution is naturally the best one, so how about: entps are intelligent and intps are not ?

Another problem of course is this:

Quote Originally Posted by pv255 View Post
    ENTP's react to their surroundings. They float with conversation and just spill out ideas. They hear something, quickly process, and then reply. If you take a step back and listen to and ENTP's conversation it is often aimless, just back and forth ideas leading to nowhere. It is entertaining though. "Nowhere" is a bit harsh, I mean non-concise. They dont need/want structure. Their minds just deviate from the topic at hand.

When an INTP talks they, are speaking from their internal structure. We must have internal structure before we reply. INTP's don't react. Either we are observing and absorbing information, or we are talking about something we already thought about. If you listen to an INTP's conversation we are usually hyper-focused on one thought/concept/idea, and everything we say pertains to that thought/concept/idea. People's replies typically don't fit into our structure bc it either strays away from our thought or we haven't thought about that piece of data yet, usually the former.

I can be very reactive and entertaining when I feel like it, but sometimes I want to talk about what I want. And yes, I bore people to death and usually fail to get the reaction I wanted.
    Comments like that are insulting, over-generalizing and arrogant. This wont win you even a small badge of social acceptance nor an audience.

My gf usually tells me that she loves me for being able to always keep the "red line" in a discussion revolving around various topics. She says that I always work goal-oriented. if that is true and it is true since I have seen other entps do it aswell, your analysis is just wrong. Therefore you cant toss a generalization around with which you directly insult everybody and then later on say "Intps do not have that problem cause they dont deal with the puny shit of people at all. We intps are on a higher plane of existance."

With such statements you wont only make people not like you, no you will even anger them. And the even more important problem is: you are wrong.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

-----------------

A man builds. A parasite asks 'Where is my share?'
    A man creates. A parasite says, 'What will the neighbors think?'
    A man invents. A parasite says, 'Watch out, or you might tread on the toes of God... '

-----------------

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Glad I could help

MBTI
    INTp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII None

wait. it wasn't smiley season?

m'bad!!!
    The answer must be in the attempt
    avy url : natgeocreative Photo

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

jaja, a camel going thru an eye is more likely than an american (substitute with Fi - dom or Ti - dom as you see fit ) to overcome false pride.

MBTI
    INTp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII None

i just indulged in borderline flagrant smiley usage.

but just for clarity's sake, who/what is the american, who/what the camel, and who/what the eye of the needle?

p.s. this looks like it might possibly be 'fun' sans those smileys even
    The answer must be in the attempt
    avy url : natgeocreative Photo