Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

to me
    - ENTPs sound: like an intelligent person, but not as intelligent as they think they are (like maybe their IQ is 120 and they think it's 145)
    - INTPs sound: extremely intelligent, but confused, out of touch with the world, lacking priorities and just not knowing what the hell to do
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Being wise is more important to me than being intelligent. I am quite sure my IQ barely hits 120 . But I know too that I have a lot more life experience than most of my age group, cause I do think a lot more about stuff. This wasnt planned or intended from the start, it just happened and now around age 30 I have made it a goal of my life.

I am not surprised to find a lot of intps who'ld think the same way cause thats how I got intps to know. Intelligence can buy you a house, but its wisdom that saves your life.
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    to me
    - ENTPs sound: like an intelligent person, but not as intelligent as they think they are (like maybe their IQ is 120 and they think it's 145)
    - INTPs sound: extremely intelligent, but confused, out of touch with the world, lacking priorities and just not knowing what the hell to do
    Well IQ is easily testable. (with a real psychologist)
    An issue with intelligent people is that by definition is you are highly intelligent it means you are statistically unrepresentative and therefor your center of interest and communication style will tend not to be naturally geared toward the general population.
    There s nothing wrong with the general population by the way but if you keep using words like sempiternal, obtuse, chimerical, discrete, subjugated, abscond, vivacious etc at age 14 you re not exactly going to be hitting all the ''you re part of our group'' triggers in your average peer bonding clique.
    I guess entps would have an easier time communicating through a better working theory of mind (our ability to project and understand other ppl's mindset and motivations) than their introvert counterpart. Even assume equal ability someone who expose hirself to hir social environment more often and engage more will basically be better ''trained'' at communicating effectively.

Then again to get to the IQ bit I'd assume some of the higher iq entps kids turn intp as they grow. There's this study showing entps shifting from highest iq as young children ( i dont recall how old, but say up to early puberty to 2nd or 3rd as they go through the years of compulsory schooling.
    Then again it could just be that children would be more likely to type E and P due to lower inhibitions and the general high energy lots of kids display.
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

“I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

"Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by EcK View Post
    Well IQ is easily testable. (with a real psychologist)
    An issue with intelligent people is that by definition is you are highly intelligent it means you are statistically unrepresentative and therefor your center of interest and communication style will tend not to be naturally geared toward the general population.
    There s nothing wrong with the general population by the way but if you keep using words like sempiternal, obtuse, chimerical, discrete, subjugated, abscond, vivacious etc at age 14 you re not exactly going to be hitting all the ''you re part of our group'' triggers in your average group.
    I guess entps have an easier time communicating through a better working theory of mind (our ability to project and understand other ppl's mindset and motivations) that their introvert counterpart.
    Then again to go to the IQ bit I'd assume some of the higher iq entps kids turn intp as they grow. There's this study showing entps shifting from highest iq as children young children to 2nd or 3rd as they go through the years of compulsory schooling.
    Then again it could just be that children would be more likely to type E and P due to lower inhibitions and the general high energy lots of kids display.
    makes sense to me (I can relate to most of this as a fellow Ne dom)
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    Intelligence never bores me, but there are times when it's truly foreign. I'm simultaneously humbled and then impaired, just listening to them. Then I get angry. "ENGLISH MOTHERFUCKER! Do you speak it?!"
    I srsly snorted my imaginary drink out of my nose.
    To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, be nothing.
    ~ Elbert Hubbard

Music provides one of the clearest examples of a much deeper relation between mathematics and human experience.

MBTI
    DNA
    Socionics
    so

The most boring thing that a ENTP can do to a INTP is to explain things in a global encompassing perspective imagining apparently all the possibilities and thinking that it look like a great mental achievement... that are in fact all simple basic and obvious basic things to the INTP to understand, but the he listens patiently in hope that some day the ENTP makes a point about what the F"#$ he is saying.

The ENTP doesn't understand shit of the dense and elaborate specific knowledge and information the INTP's expounds in a logical insensitive way, and calls him boring because of it.
    LIFE is the expression of SELF within and as Oneness and Equality

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by RicPTmc View Post
    The most boring thing that a ENTP can do to a INTP is to explain things in a global encompassing perspective imagining apparently all the possibilities and thinking that it look like a great mental achievement... that are in fact all simple basic and obvious basic things to the INTP to understand, but the he listens patiently in hope that some day the ENTP makes a point about what the F"#$ he is saying.

The ENTP doesn't understand shit of the dense and elaborate specific knowledge and information the INTP's expounds in a logical insensitive way, and calls him boring because of it.
    Unfortunately, when you want to succeed in life, you'll need to develop patience with your much lesser intelligent peers. or one day they'll come and run a pale up your ass and leave you in the sun drieing like Vlad the impaler.

Senior Member EvidenceOfRedemption's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP

What kind of definition of IQ/intelligence do we have if those who supposedly possess it cannot effectively communicate?

Although, I agree with the introverts, extroverts do tend to, ironically enough, do a poor job at reflecting reality and it always comes back to them... but I have to ask, if all you really think only truth is important, and assuming ENTPs getting attention doesn't impede your effort to do so, why would it bother you?

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by EvidenceOfRedemption View Post
    What kind of definition of IQ/intelligence do we have if those who supposedly possess it cannot effectively communicate?

Although, I agree with the introverts, extroverts do tend to, ironically enough, do a poor job at reflecting reality and it always comes back to them... but I have to ask, if all you really think only truth is important, and assuming ENTPs getting attention doesn't impede your effort to do so, why would it bother you?
    The statement "Introverts do reflect reality better" is epic

Society

interesting, i have a theory that this stems not from how intelligent someone is but from how intelligent they are relatively to the environment they grow up in within their social development and identity-defining periods (teenhood):

- at the 'lowest level' we hve those who are insecure about their intelligence, many will seek other points of esteem and define their intelligent as average. in fact so many that the mathemtical definition of average is getting screwed over:
    [YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDDOHPssLrQ"]like this but with I-penis[/YOUTUBE]

- then you have people intelligent enough relatively to their envrionment to gain a competitve edge from it, and yet feel jelous of those they feel are more intelligent then themselves, because they will develop a view of intelligent as a competition, but can mature to view other's intelligence as a cooperative oppertunity. they are the most likely to view intelligence in terms of cultural memes, adopting it's apearance rather then try to challange themselves in mental processing.

- people intelligent enough relatively to their own enivornment to have a lot of thoughts that many others around them can't seem to relate too - they will often feel lonely, isolated, and forn an elitistic view of their own intelligence.

- people intelligent enough relatively to their own environment to not only think thoughts others have a hard time relating too but actually figure out ways to express those thoughts in a way that others will find a way to relate too, and have learned the humility that others - no matter how seemingly intelligent or unintelligent they may be - can have something insightful to say, can inspire them or give them the mental connection they have being missing.

- the people who gave those in the 'level below' that humility... for some reason 80% of them work in the bars, waitressing or other service jobs: