User Tag List

First 31112131415 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sp/sx

I noticed today that I use my hands when I talk soooooooo much, and raise my eyebrows a lot (and also tilt my head forward and look people in the eyes, which is probably why I find it hard to engage more than a few people), and probably look quite excited. That has nothing to do with intelligence at all.
    5 3 9

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    Moreso than Ti, yes. If an NTP really wants to master the art of appearing friendly, Fe should be a big part of the approach, but...lacking that, Ne works much better toward this end than Ti.
    Ti = Information
    Ne = Présentation
    Fe = Emotional masturbation?

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Argus2968 View Post
    Ti = Information
    Ne = Présentation
    Fe = Emotional masturbation?
    I'll go with that
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

Senior Member The Grand Chameleon's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w2

It's all in delivery, baby.
    "In the game of chess, you can never let your opponent see your pieces."

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Don't ask for it !

[URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w4 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by braziljoe View Post
    Last week I was in a party and there was this entp man discussing theories with everyone (even with those cleary uninterested). Although he was a little boring with his theories sometimes, everyone saw him as the charming life of the party and was paying attention to what he was saying.
    I tried to do the same and the best I could get was a "things are the way they are and there is nothing we can do about it".
    What is this charm about entps?
    'Cause we can juggle 9 things in our mind while talking enthusiastically about one and include the other interesting ideas too.
    "..And the eight and final rule: If this is your first time at Fight Club, you have to fight."
    'Men are meant to be with women. The rest is perversion and mental illness.'

Society

Last week I was in a party and there was this entp man discussing theories with everyone (even with those cleary uninterested). Although he was a little boring with his theories sometimes, everyone saw him as the charming life of the party and was paying attention to what he was saying.
    I tried to do the same and the best I could get was a "things are the way they are and there is nothing we can do about it".
    there's no reason you can't do it too: you have Ne, you have Fe, just put your Ti down for a bit and practice coming up with different ways of conveying ideas to different people. don't get scared if they loose interest, just don't get lost in the idea, f they loose interest just try something else until you learn to pick up on what engages them, and for god's sake listen to what they have to say, learn what sparks their interest.

if your talking about 3D printers to a football fan and some people who are into politics, sometimes you need to say "fuck it" with your original line of how they revolutionize prototyping and save millions for startup companies, and instead talk about how it will increase national economic independence and throw in a joke about combining it with an OLED printer to watch football on toilet paper rolls while your taking a dump.

maybe practice with ideas that don't matter much to you until you own the skill so that you aren't carried over by the idea and get to focus more on the people.

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

I'm often concerned that I come across as boring to others. Sometimes I wonder what I have to offer conversation wise. There are a select few topics I know alot about but these things don't interest most people. ENTPs seem more in touch with popular culture and topics of greater interest to more people. ENTPs do enjoy intellectual discussion though. Maybe its because their Ne and Fe are in stronger positions compared to INTPs and that makes them more charming and engaging conversationalists.

Even in intellectual discussions, I feel outdone by ENTPs. I think ENTPs being Ne dominant are better at coming up with witty responses on their feet and just being quicker to respond. Sometimes by the time I think about what I want to say and how to best say it, that topic is no longer being discussed. For theoretical topics ENTPs seem to have the advantage of adding pizzaz to it so that the layperson is also interested. INTPs tend to err in being overly technical and that can turn some people off.
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

We gotta keep this thread going.

My ego is so stroked right now. Yow.

MBTI
    ENTP

I know, I love this topic.

I think in general ENTPs are better at coming up with multiple ideas and theories. I think they're also better at abandoning ideas that they realize aren't good (it seems like ENFPs and ENTPs are the most likely to go "oh, actually, you're right, never mind" in an argument). But an ENTPs ideas will never be as well developed as an INTPs ideas. ENTPs aren't able to stay on one idea long enough to work out the details. This makes them fun to talk to, because they'll keep switching things up, and fleshing out ideas doesn't matter when you're just entertaining people. ENTPs can also be manipulative, and are good at rallying people to a cause.

One of my problems in discussions is that as conversations evolve I'll think of too many things to be able to say, especially with other people distracting me with new points and ideas. My INTP friend does this too. Our discussions can go on for hours and involve many pop culture references; I think, though, that this is because he is somewhat E, and thinks he has many ENTP strengths and INTP weaknesses. He can often be insulting in an argument.

If you get an ENTP and an ENFP in an intellectual discussion it can go on for hours and will cover a wildly overwhelming number of topics in short periods of time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Qlip View Post
    I'm starting to see you and your avatar as a cloud of odor that eminates from trashy threads.