User Tag List

First 21011121314 Last

you lack self-confidence, and people often listen more to your eyes than your mouth.

talking to people who are bored with what you say is always a challenge.

And one more thing, evangelization is always more important than being right. If you can't do that, you have to practice it until you can.
    The fear of poverty turns people into slaves of money.

"In this Caesar there are many Mariuses"~Sulla

Conquer your inner demons first before you conquer the world.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by braziljoe View Post
    Last week I was in a party and there was this entp man discussing theories with everyone (even with those cleary uninterested). Although he was a little boring with his theories sometimes, everyone saw him as the charming life of the party and was paying attention to what he was saying.
    I tried to do the same and the best I could get was a "things are the way they are and there is nothing we can do about it".
    What is this charm about entps?
    It's a gift......
    No friend ever served me, and no enemy ever wronged me, whom I have not repaid in full." Lucius Cornelius Sulla

LOL I don't care. People tell me I write well but I know I'm not made for a large audience (yet) because public speaking or writing requires you to connect to and reach out to your audience. Simply put, it is the way people respond emotionally to you. That is the social charm of all people with extraverted function. They don't make you feel like unwanted or foolish, no matter what obscure theories they propound.

I don't speak unless I feel compelled to and that's when someone else has already started the conversation and I need to point out some fallacies or logical inconsistencies. By then, people do listen and take notice and agree. Besides, I don't recognize my mission as evangelizing theories but rather, clarifying concepts and thinking patterns, so as long as a niche audience can understand where I'm coming from, I'm happy.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram

can i just say introverts are not necessarily more intelligent and vice versa. sometimes i find that intoverts tend to have a better understanding of the subject.the Entp however is clever not necessarily the most intelligent but always clever. We are also born orators and find it easier to animate a subject . I find im always looking for other perspectives on any subject. I know an intp who i find absolutely impossible to talke to he's intelligent and for the first ten seconds of the conversation he's fascinating but after that i find myself drifting of as he stammers and points and avoids eye contact.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    I can't . But I admit that, as a teacher who has to run purely discussion based classes, it was a very steep hill to climb to learn to actually listen and integrate the comments of others into the discussion I had planned in my mind. In fact, I'm still working on it. Before I got into MBTI, I used to call it a sort of "rigidity" because it was hard for me to deal with the natural flow of conversations into different directions...God forbid we foray into territory I don't know.
    I can see this. I think I do well with different topics but teaching is a whole different thing. If I have to lead a class on a brand new topic I would probably freeze. I normally take at least 5-10 minutes to get a handle on new topics. Which works just fine normally as long as I'm not the person in charge of steering/ leading the conversation at that point.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w4 sx/so

But you are an ENTJ, aren't you? I've never seen ENTJs approaching people randomly to inform them the new theory they just read about. The ENTJs I know tend to discuss a subject when it's already being discussed.
    I'm sorry FDG..It appears BrazilJoe is not going to acknowledge what you deserve.
    "..And the eight and final rule: If this is your first time at Fight Club, you have to fight."
    'Men are meant to be with women. The rest is perversion and mental illness.'

This is just popping in to say, I think I used to have a teacher who was an ENTP. I typed her as an ENTP based on her outward appearence and behavior and the way she discusses topics, but this is derived from a vague memory of 6 years ago, so inaccuracy is a possiblity. I still find her discussion style much more loose and appealing than other teachers I've ever known. There was never much of a conclusion but I always know what she was going to say next. It was intellectually stimulating and interesting in terms of the flow of ideas.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Last week I was in a party and there was this entp man discussing theories with everyone (even with those cleary uninterested). Although he was a little boring with his theories sometimes, everyone saw him as the charming life of the party and was paying attention to what he was saying.
    I tried to do the same and the best I could get was a "things are the way they are and there is nothing we can do about it".
    What is this charm about entps?
    Ne relates better to others and adapts to changes in the external environment more quickly and easily than Ti. If you want to solve this problem, work on improving your Ne.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    Ne relates better to others and adapts to changes in the external environment more quickly and easily than Ti. If you want to solve this problem, work on improving your Ne.
    So to observers Ne is "friendly"?

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Argus2968 View Post
    So to observers Ne is "friendly"?
    Moreso than Ti, yes. If an NTP really wants to master the art of appearing friendly, Fe should be a big part of the approach, but...lacking that, Ne works much better toward this end than Ti.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?