User Tag List

First 910111213 Last

Results 101 to 110 of 177

  1. #101
    Senior Member VagrantFarce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    1,557

    Default

    intps are only arrogant when you bother to talk to them
    entps actively seek people out to be arrogant in front of

    discuss, show your working, etc. [10]

  2. #102
    Once Was Synarch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    8,470

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by VagrantFarce View Post
    intps are only arrogant when you bother to talk to them
    entps actively seek people out to be arrogant in front of

    discuss
    Sort of want.
    "Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave."

  3. #103
    half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp
    Posts
    6,387

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    I can't . But I admit that, as a teacher who has to run purely discussion based classes, it was a very steep hill to climb to learn to actually listen and integrate the comments of others into the discussion I had planned in my mind. In fact, I'm still working on it. Before I got into MBTI, I used to call it a sort of "rigidity" because it was hard for me to deal with the natural flow of conversations into different directions...God forbid we foray into territory I don't know.
    This is what I was getting at. As wonderful as you guys are, you seem rather reluctant to wander into uncharted territories, so you filibuster without seeming to realize it.

    Quote Originally Posted by VagrantFarce View Post
    intps are only arrogant when you bother to talk to them
    entps actively seek people out to be arrogant in front of

    discuss, show your working, etc. [10]
    Don't know if it's arrogance, per se... All types have their strong points and also their weak points. I personally don't seek out people to show off to or to be arrogant to, but I can see how others would think that I do.

    I can take on quite an aggressive stance when I am trying to understand something. I question people to death and play devil's advocate because my curiosity is insatiable and I truly want to learn and understand - to the point where people think I am combating them when that is the furthest thing from my conscious mind. Hmm, maybe that's why some people think ENTPs like to debate? I really don't see it as debating from my perspective but I guess this could be a starting point for further exploration...

  4. #104
    Once Was Synarch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    8,470

    Default

    I think this whole thread is just an example of how extraverts spend more time marketing themselves whereas introverts are content to do their own thing without regard to social approval. So, if you're interested in depth, you might go for INTP. If you like breadth and ease, you might go for ENTP. I like going deep in group convos, but mainly just to reveal how someone so goofy can occasionally be brilliant.
    "Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave."

  5. #105
    Senior Member INTP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx
    Posts
    7,823

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jenocyde View Post
    You must be under the impression that the only thing valid to speak about is what you want to speak about. Conversations can change and flow.
    I dont think that. I think if we are talking about some specific topic, there is no need to talk about unimportant things regarding to what we talk about. If conversations topic changes, its totally different thing.

    Quote Originally Posted by jenocyde View Post
    I guess that many listeners would also deem your topic unimportant and/or tedious.
    Thats again different thing. I am talking about situation where im talking about specific topic with someone who is intrested about talking about it.
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

    Read

  6. #106
    half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp
    Posts
    6,387

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    Thats again different thing. I am talking about situation where im talking about specific topic with someone who is intrested about talking about it.

    Ahh yes, ok. But by your own admission, you are out to seek the truth but you feel that you already know the truth before you open your mouth. So you start off the conversation already unwilling to hear anyone else out. Do you see what I am getting at?

    Even if I know something for a fact, I am still curious as to what others have to say. I may learn something, or they may learn something - something will come out of the conversation.

    I guess for me, I just like things to be a bit more concise. I think that if INTPs could give the bullet points or highlights, and wait for someone to ask a question that expresses interest in hearing more before they expound, the benefits for all parties will be tenfold. It is a simple tactic that you can use in order to keep the conversation flowing and to let everyone feel they have a part in it. In other words, don't show all your cards at once.

  7. #107
    Senior Member INTP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx
    Posts
    7,823

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jenocyde View Post
    Ahh yes, ok. But by your own admission, you are out to seek the truth but you feel that you already know the truth before you open your mouth. So you start off the conversation already unwilling to hear anyone else out. Do you see what I am getting at?
    Im not unwilling to hear what others have to say, even if i think i know the truth. However i notice pretty fast if what theyr talking about could be alternative for my truth. If they are talking about something totally different thing, they either dont get my point(so i point it out) or they are wrong and there is no point them to talk about it untill they realize my point of view fully(so i stop them and try to explain it more understandable way). If they get my point, understand why i think this is the truth and still think that they are right, ill listen to them and try to get theyr point of view to the matter.

    Quote Originally Posted by jenocyde View Post
    Even if I know something for a fact, I am still curious as to what others have to say. I may learn something, or they may learn something - something will come out of the conversation.
    If you know something as a fact, what more could you learn about the subject?

    Quote Originally Posted by jenocyde View Post
    I guess for me, I just like things to be a bit more concise. I think that if INTPs could give the bullet points or highlights, and wait for someone to ask a question that expresses interest in hearing more before they expound, the benefits for all parties will be tenfold. It is a simple tactic that you can use in order to keep the conversation flowing and to let everyone feel they have a part in it. In other words, don't show all your cards at once.
    Im not sure enymore if we are talking about same kind of conversations. Enyway if im trying to make a point i point it out, if people dont get my point but intrested about hearing it, i explain. I dont see eny point of not showing all my cards at once, because i dont see eny point of talking about something for longer than needed that can be discussed faster. After that conversation is over, we can move to next topic.
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

    Read

  8. #108
    half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp
    Posts
    6,387

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    If you know something as a fact, what more could you learn about the subject?
    Well, to be honest, I learn more about the person and the way s/he thinks.

    Im not sure enymore if we are talking about same kind of conversations. Enyway if im trying to make a point i point it out, if people dont get my point but intrested about hearing it, i explain. I dont see eny point of not showing all my cards at once, because i dont see eny point of talking about something for longer than needed that can be discussed faster. After that conversation is over, we can move to next topic.
    This may be true, but I am not speaking solely about you.

  9. #109
    Senior Member INTP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx
    Posts
    7,823

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jenocyde View Post
    Well, to be honest, I learn more about the person and the way s/he thinks.
    Ok, so your talking about conversation with someone i dont know and who i think is worthy of getting to know. If its a girl, i dont do all that i told you earlier, i try to not be rude to her interrupting and trying not to seem too arrogant by not telling her that i know all this, you are wrong, so shut the fuck up. If its a guy i try to be little less rude in the conversation than with good friends.

    Enyways i learn what other people are like more on different things than how they came to some solution on theyr thinking.
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

    Read

  10. #110
    Une Femme est une femme paperoceans's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    8w7
    Posts
    834

    Default

    Examples, examples. Here they are!
    Between that cigarillo and sticking my finger down my throat to see if I could DT, I feel like puking RN.

    Read my Blog.

Similar Threads

  1. [ENTP] What 2 ENTPs arguing with each other sounds like
    By PepCMaximus in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-12-2016, 11:39 PM
  2. [Other] INTP vs. ENTP - Interpersonal Intelligence
    By MadTeaParty in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 09-22-2015, 12:59 AM
  3. [NT] ENTP's and INTP's
    By Julius_Van_Der_Beak in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 158
    Last Post: 01-04-2015, 12:09 PM
  4. ENTP instead of INTP? Come hither ENTPs!
    By Redbone in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 12-01-2010, 09:44 PM
  5. [NT] What do ENTPs think of INTPs
    By Robopop in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 105
    Last Post: 09-07-2010, 03:18 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO