User Tag List

First 89101112 Last

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Lauren Ashley View Post
    Some ENTPs sound intelligent and some are very intelligent (emphasis on some, because others just seem a little loopy, and not in a good way). Their ability to convey ideas and captivate their audience is unparalleled. The only problem is when the ENTP doesn't have all or even most of the facts on whatever topic they're discussing, and it is readily apparent to those who are familiar with the topic and/or are very perceptive. They just use Ne to BS through holes in their explanations, and use it some more if anyone notices and questions them on it.

Now the INTP may sound very boring, but they usually have every detail worked out entirely and could expound on any minutiae a person could ask them about. So it is information vs. presentation (not that it necessarily has to be, but in those cases where the above applies).
    True.

Quote Originally Posted by Lauren Ashley View Post
    BS meaning they make up something on the spot which one knows isn't actually the facts of the matter, if one is familiar with the topic.
    I tend to get caught up in the idea so much that I haven't fact-checked what seems obvious to me. Occasionally, this makes me wrong and embarrassed. I now will often admit after saying something to my girlfriend that, "Oh, I just made that up on the spot." It helps her separate my "theories" from real fact.

Quote Originally Posted by braziljoe View Post
    In my case, the entp in question would throw out subjects like "the evolutionary origin of women's gossip and their need of it" to gossiping women in the room (which I found totally inappropriate) . The women got shocked by the subjective implication that they were gossiping and felt somewhat offended, but then the entp man would say "oh, when I mean gossip, I mean the strong alertness to the surrounding environment women so strongly have, and It's definitely an advantage over men's focus on a single thing", and the women felt complimented.
    Yeah. You can get away with a lot by smiling and appearing warm and complimentary. I like to see how far I can insult someone without them getting angry. It's like mental jujitsu. Of course, I don't aim to harm. I just want to see by what criteria they decide to get upset.
    "Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave."

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ILE

This thread sounds intelligent but in actuality IS boring. My proof resides in about 50% of the posts

half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by Synarch View Post
    ENTP's are so gushy when in love.

Yeah. You can get away with a lot by smiling and appearing warm and complimentary. I like to see how far I can insult someone without them getting angry. It's like mental jujitsu. Of course, I don't aim to harm. I just want to see by what criteria they decide to get upset.
    Yeah, I'm pretty fucked up that way, too.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by jenocyde View Post
    How will you know if it's relevant unless you give the speaker a chance to say something? Either way, this isn't that big of a deal, we are cut from the same cloth, so I tend to "get" INTPs and I adore them. I was just answering the OP's question with my experience but it's not my intention to slam you guys. I think INTPs are the cat's meow.
    I give chance for others to say something. The second i hear others talking something out of the key issue, i correct them by talking about the key issue. Usually by saying why other is talking about something unimportant and telling whats the key issue, since they most likely didnt get what it is, because they wouldnt be talking about something else. I dunno how your intp does and are you basing these "facts" abount intps by one or two intps maybe? Imo not letting others talk at all isnt a intp thing.
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    I give chance for others to say something. The second i hear others talking something out of the key issue, i correct them by talking about the key issue. Usually by saying why other is talking about something unimportant and telling whats the key issue, since they most likely didnt get what it is, because they wouldnt be talking about something else. I dunno how your intp does and are you basing these "facts" abount intps by one or two intps maybe? Imo not letting others talk at all isnt a intp thing.
    Proof that INTP's care more about being right than being good company. ENTP's aim to entertain and evangelize and please, which are all essentially social aims.
    "Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave."

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Proof that INTP's care more about being right than being good company. ENTP's aim to entertain and evangelize and please, which are all essentially social aims.
    I care about finding the truth. If someone can prove me wrong, im happy for that. Usually they cant because i got things pretty much figured out if im trying to share the thing that i think is the truth.

If im talking to someone whos not t or not intrested about talking t things, i use Ne to entertain not sharing my Ti.
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    You must be under the impression that the only thing valid to speak about is what you want to speak about. Conversations can change and flow.

I guess that many listeners would also deem your topic unimportant and/or tedious.

I am basing this on a sample size of 7-10 INTPs that I know, and 4 that I suspect are INTPs.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    Well, there has to be an advantage being an extravert. We don't like office jobs because we hate sitting down, we get lower grades for the same reason, we're more likely to get in legal trouble - at the very least you need to concede us some advantages in a social setting
    Wow ... this makes me feel a little better about being an introvert. Prior to this, I thought there were no introvert advantages

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILI

That is because ENTPs are sexy and desirable, whereas INTPs aren't. Undesirable people are often considered boring.
    I 96% N 93% T 75% P 63% 5w4 sp/sx/so ILI
    Ti>Ne>Te>Ni>Si>Fi>Se>Fe
    I'm interested in what you percieve me to be. Johari/Nohari

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by jenocyde View Post
    Hahaha, that's only if they can answer the question without stammering and getting flustered.
    I can't . But I admit that, as a teacher who has to run purely discussion based classes, it was a very steep hill to climb to learn to actually listen and integrate the comments of others into the discussion I had planned in my mind. In fact, I'm still working on it. Before I got into MBTI, I used to call it a sort of "rigidity" because it was hard for me to deal with the natural flow of conversations into different directions...God forbid we foray into territory I don't know.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness