• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] How do you (rationally) view Brazil?

braziljoe

MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
5w4
Aside from the "country run by drug-dealers" thing and the "gril from Ipanema"?

-mild xenophobia allowed-

Last edited:

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
I've got a good number of brazilian friends. Love the climate and their emotional warmth, the income inequality seems messed up, but you can't have everything. I'd gladly live in places like, say, Florianopolis.

Alwar

The Architect
MBTI Type
INTP
I see Brazil becoming a major world player in the future as they continue to develop while US influence declines and South America integrates. The Brazilian economy is largely dependent on exportation of ethnic German super models. Hopefully this continues.

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Besides the shantytowns here and there where crime runs rampant, it's a pretty cool country which I wouldn't mind living in.
It's vibrant, exotic (hey, i'm scandinavian...), lots of nice music, nice food, capoeira, beautiful women, nice beaches...
Portuguese is also a nice language.

Like Alwar says... Brazil will probably become a major player in the future.

Bamboo

MBTI Type
XXFP
Grew up around lots of diplomats from Brazil (DC native). Generally very nice people.

I think when the average person thinks of Brazil they think of:
- rio
- that big jesus statue
- crime
- pretty girls
- City of God
- "that language that's like spanish, but more complicated" (i know it's portuguese, i'm just talking about average people)
- "oh, that's the big one in south america, I remember that from 3rd grade geography"

Bamboo

MBTI Type
XXFP
As far as how I rationally view Brazil - I don't know much about it. I figure it's probably a developing economy...otherwise I really don't know much about it.

Way back when they exported a lot of silver (that is, the Europeans did who forced the natives into slavery). Christianity did play an important role - I can't remember who but a major Christian player had the famous quote (regarding the slaves) "Are they not men?" Slaves gained greater rights after that, especially if they had mixed blood with the colonials. And they imported a lot of african slaves (better immunity than natives, who died on contact with old world disease), hence Brazil's now ethnically mixed/diverse population. Then there was a revolution/power change of some sort? along with industrialization. Similar to most post-colonial south america I guess.

braziljoe

MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
5w4
I once read that Brazil was the last country to abolish slavery.

braziljoe

MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
5w4
- "that language that's like spanish, but more complicated" (i know it's portuguese, i'm just talking about average people)

Interesting point there because most brazillians seem to despise spanish despite the fact that portuguese-spanish are mutually intelligible.

kathara

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
I don't have enough data for a correct answer.

The Outsider

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
389851587_44cc570a48.jpg

nanook

a scream in a vortex
i know these things from brazil
- max cavalera, the crazy paranoid guy from sepultura (i actually like him and his bands, but i dont agree with him on anything)
- capoeira
- senator eduardo suplicy advocates some kind of basic income !!!
- some important linux kernell programmer is from brazil

if you would have asked about venezuela i would have linked to this site. thanks to google maps i know that venezuela is not mexico uhm i mean... brazil.

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Brazil:
- The best at football (UK version for soccer)
- Very nice women
- Nice people

Edgar

Nerd King Usurper
MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx
Brazil is a fun place.

Enjoy the whores, who are good looking and affordable. Take a break in between brothel-hopping, and listen to old Waffen SS veterans stories. And if you are feeling bored you can always start a soccer riot.

S

Sniffles

Brazil is a fun place.

Enjoy the whores, who are good looking and affordable. Take a break in between brothel-hopping, and listen to old Waffen SS veterans stories. And if you are feeling bored you can always start a soccer riot.

Hell yeah - sounds like my kind of place! :D

SerengetiBetty

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Rationally speaking I love Brazil. I've been playing capoeira for a little over 10 years and always have a great time when I go or when I meet up with Brazilians in th US. One day I'd like to move for good because I love any climate and culture that allows me to wear asfew clothes as possible.

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
It seems kind of Portuguese.

It also seems like a very comfortable climate overall, if a little warm.

The Decline

(☞゚∀゚)☞
MBTI Type
?
Enneagram
5w4
How do you (rationally) view Brazil?
Like so:
Brazil is a country in South America. It is the fifth largest country by geographical area, occupying nearly half of South America, the fifth most populous country, and the fourth most populous democracy in the world. Bounded by the Atlantic Ocean on the east, Brazil has a coastline of over 7,491 kilometers (4,655 mi). It is bordered on the north by Venezuela, Guyana, Suriname and the French overseas department of French Guiana; on the northwest by Colombia; on the west by Bolivia and Peru; on the southwest by Argentina and Paraguay and on the south by Uruguay. Numerous archipelagos are part of the Brazilian territory, such as Fernando de Noronha, Rocas Atoll, Saint Peter and Paul Rocks, and Trindade and Martim Vaz.

Brazil was a colony of Portugal from the landing of Pedro Álvares Cabral in 1500 until its independence in 1822. Initially independent as the Brazilian Empire, the country has been a republic since 1889, although the bicameral legislature, now called Congress, dates back to 1824, when the first constitution was ratified. Its current Constitution defines Brazil as a Federal Republic. The Federation is formed by the union of the Federal District, the 26 States, and the 5,564 Municipalities.

Brazil is the world's tenth largest economy at market exchange rates and the ninth largest by purchasing power parity. Economic reforms have given the country new international projection. It is a founding member of the United Nations and the Union of South American Nations. A predominantly Roman Catholic, Portuguese-speaking, and multiethnic society, Brazil is also home to a diversity of wildlife, natural environments, and extensive natural resources in a variety of protected habitats.