• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTJ] Lazy INTJ

Malcontent

MBTI Type
abcd
I've never found a post with an INTJ who admit he is lazy.
Are INTJs absolutely not lazy or they persuade themselves they are not lazy, even if they are underachiever (and many intjs are)?

Or maybe it's not "pure laziness", but they are melanchonic types, so if they are often self-absorbed in their intuition and they don't put their insight into reality, an external observer could think they are lazy.

What are your thoughts and experience?
Thanks.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Mine admits to being efficient for the sheer purpose of laziness. If you're good at what you do and do it right, then you can prevent ever having to do it again, which means you get more time to be lazy, is his motto.

F

FigerPuppet

I was going to write that I think I am lazy, but maybe I'm just a procrastinator. I hold out on completing my assignments until the last moment, but I always complete my assignments before the deadline. Would it be laziness if I didn't complete my assignments at all?

Kra

Black Magic Buzzard
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
4w5
Mine admits to being efficient for the sheer purpose of laziness. If you're good at what you do and do it right, then you can prevent ever having to do it again, which means you get more time to be lazy, is his motto.

Smart man! :D

If it's something that is neither imperative, or of interest, then I tend to be lazy.

Uytuun

MBTI Type
nnnn
I'm lazy, I can get lost in Ni for days and not do anything productive at all. I need reality to kick me into doing stuff on a daily basis, otherwise, I just float off. I also procrastinate like smileyman.

MBTI Type
INTJ
I'm not lazy, but I am prone to apathy. If there is something to be done I will do it, but absent a clear task I can succumb to inertia instead of actively taking initiative to work on one of the many ideas that bounce around my head.

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I was going to write that I think I am lazy, but maybe I'm just a procrastinator. I hold out on completing my assignments until the last moment, but I always complete my assignments before the deadline. Would it be laziness if I didn't complete my assignments at all?
This.

I also do my assignments perfectly without mistakes.

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
^ I get the idea that the people at INTJf are a bunch of morons whom of which most of the INTJs there mistype themselves (Judging by what I've seen of them so far).

The Decline

(☞゚∀゚)☞
MBTI Type
?
Enneagram
5w4
I can relate to this well, and at first I thought it was a common trait shared by INTx's. While INTPs can be fairly lazy as well, I realized that my Ni is abnormally high for an INTP. Perhaps it's the Ni? Perhaps for the INTP it's the Ti? These two dominant traits seem to create a rich inner world for the individual, where they don't often realize/care that the external world begs for their interaction.

Valuable_Money

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w6
They just want you to think that there lazy,

Its all part of the plan... :devil:

Luet

MBTI Type
INTJ
I don't consider myself lazy when my thoughts wonder off for hours and I forget to even turn on the lights when it gets dark. Those can be inspiring hours.

Naturally I try to put off things I don't like to do, doesn't anyone?

Under heavy stress I tend to paralyse. If there are to many things I MUST do, I don't do any of them. I can put off things until after I get in trouble. I letting time pass by thinking: 'ohh I stil have a day.... ohh I still have tonight.... ohh I should have done that yesterday, ohh I will repair that tomorrow, ohh they won't ask for that for at least another week, ohh shit! now I am in trouble!!!' After which point I start running to fix things.
But I don't think I am lazy.

poppy

triple nerd score
MBTI Type
intj
Enneagram
Yes to pretty much what everyone has said, in some form or another.

VagrantFarce

I thought it was a staple J-characteristic to get unpleasant things out of the way, and a staple-P characteristic to put off unpleasant activities so you don't cut yourself off from whatever might happen. I would think a lazy INTJ would say "I'll get this out of the way now, but I'll only do enough not to get into trouble because in the long-run this is all a waste of my time".

Usehername

On a mission
Meta and I both admitted to doing a half-assed job in a lot of our studies for courses we disliked and didn't need to get a great grade out of.

I work in surges. Sometimes I'm uber-J and then for two weeks I do nothing and am lazy. I'm trying to figure out how to be consistent with my self-discipline.

Uytuun

MBTI Type
nnnn
Meta and I both admitted to doing a half-assed job in a lot of our studies for courses we disliked and didn't need to get a great grade out of.

I work in surges. Sometimes I'm uber-J and then for two weeks I do nothing and am lazy. I'm trying to figure out how to be consistent with my self-discipline.

Yeah, I have that too...although it's more like 2 days of being productive, 5 days of doing nothing. Productivity is enhanced by going outside, being around people and having a lot to do. We really do need an external framework.

Mr.Time

MBTI Type
INTJ
I don't think I'm lazy, I just procrastinate until the very end when time is running out. Then, I start working and finish at the last minute...and my work is superb, more organized, and is superior to all the other people around me (who have worked on it for days). I've come to a point in my life, where I've realized that if I start early, I will work on it for days until I think perfection has been achieved (which only happens at the last minute when the deadline has arrived). So, I start late and finish on time and still performed in a way that I am satisfied with.

Although, sometimes I wish I could start early and finish early, because I always keep thinking about some assignment or something until it's done...its always in the back of my head...I plan continuously. If it's something I really really enjoy doing then I might start early and if it's something I hate doing, I start as late as possible.

So, having a deadline attached to something is a major factor.

Haight

Doesn't Read Your Posts
MBTI Type
INTj
Honestly, I don't know what being lazy means.

Does it mean that one is doing something deemed unproductive? Or something that is not generating money, or the future prospect of money? Or is not doing things that are progressive? Or is this just a matter physical activity without considering mental activity?

poppy

triple nerd score
MBTI Type
intj
Enneagram
Being on TypoC instead of doing something more challenging that I actually need to get done.

So, I am being lazy right now!