First 456

Thread: Lazy INTJ

Senior Member Misty_Mountain_Rose's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    Mine admits to being efficient for the sheer purpose of laziness. If you're good at what you do and do it right, then you can prevent ever having to do it again, which means you get more time to be lazy, is his motto.
    I have this mentality as well. In fact, I say it a lot at work.

Quote Originally Posted by Uytuun View Post
    I'm lazy, I can get lost in Ni for days and not do anything productive at all. I need reality to kick me into doing stuff on a daily basis, otherwise, I just float off. I also procrastinate like smileyman.
    'Float off' is a good term for it. If thereis no anchor... no reason to stay in the moment lol... man I can't describe it accurately but its amusing to me. Probably a bit aggravating to people around me and friends who don't hear from me... but they know I'll re-surface eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by Usehername View Post
    Meta and I both admitted to doing a half-assed job in a lot of our studies for courses we disliked and didn't need to get a great grade out of.

I work in surges. Sometimes I'm uber-J and then for two weeks I do nothing and am lazy. I'm trying to figure out how to be consistent with my self-discipline.
    Self Discipline is not something I think I have much of. I deal with the 'urgent' things that have to be done in order to 'survive' (Pay bills, sleep, eat, meet work deadlines...) but other than that I don't really have a sense of personal urgency about much at all. When something does strike my fancy and I become interested in it I'll have a ball doing all kinds of thinking about it, researching it, discussing it with people... but when something else comes along that seems more interesting the new hobby goes by the wayside. I know how to do a lot of things but I'm not very good at most of them

Quote Originally Posted by sgtmac_46 View Post
    You'll never find an INTJ that admits any weakness.
    I actually have a weakness for German Chocolate Cake. And hot men.

Quote Originally Posted by Cranky View Post
    I KNOW I'm as competent as I think I am. The trophies, money, concubines, and power say so.

Can I come over some time and hang out?

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyGrass View Post
    I've met undisciplined ones. I do agree that for some INTJs, their intuitiveness and knack for efficiency affords them the luxury of not having to do much unless they're met with a big challenge, and they can grow a bit spoiled and used to lots of time to do whatever they like. I think it also makes them easily discouraged from doing work that's hard for them that they're not naturally good at (read: relationships).
    So... the better we are at things and the more competent we become... the less likely we are to tackle big problems. Interesting. Something about it rings true in a perverse kind of way.
    Embrace the possibilities.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Socionics
    X/0

I need a goal to be productive as well as the want to do the task. Without these two criterias, i tend to do the minimum to finish the job. Its not a bad job, its just not as great if I had been working on something I'm interested at.

I will admit, i'm lazy to a fault. I can get lost in my thought about concepts without having the need to do anything else. Procrastination is also an enemy that I been fighting for ages and I feel that it's not getting easier fighting with it.
    This post grammatical errors had been intentionally left uncorrected.

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyGrass View Post
    I've met undisciplined ones. I do agree that for some INTJs, their intuitiveness and knack for efficiency affords them the luxury of not having to do much unless they're met with a big challenge, and they can grow a bit spoiled and used to lots of time to do whatever they like. I think it also makes them easily discouraged from doing work that's hard for them that they're not naturally good at (read: relationships).
    That's exactly me.

However, the work that's hard for me usually simply involves executing constant discipline - I usually waver, and find myself giving up very easily or getting absorbed in other preoccupations :/

I wouldn't only project this onto relationships, this has happened to me for school as well and I've actually been busy trying to figure out relationships a lot during my teen years, sometimes to the point of QQ'ing.
    Currently I'm doing well in that area and I'm figuring out the rest as I'm on a quest across the horizon. XD

Sniffles

As a fellow Ni-dom, I can relate to alot here. Well except for the whole "efficient laziness" part - that's certainly the INTJ domain.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

Efficient laziness. Yes. I find that results vs. effort seems to follow a logarithmic curve. It's just a matter of finding the sweet spot where I'm satisfied enough with the expected results to not be motivated to put any more effort in because it won't have a significant positive effect. Then I can go do something else with that time I've just saved.

Quote Originally Posted by d4mselfly View Post
    Efficient laziness. Yes. I find that results vs. effort seems to follow a logarithmic curve. It's just a matter of finding the sweet spot where I'm satisfied enough with the expected results to not be motivated to put any more effort in because it won't have a significant positive effect. Then I can go do something else with that time I've just saved.
    (I feel ya.)

To the expense of potential future endeavors - hopefully not.