Thread: Lazy INTJ

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1/5
    Socionics
    LSI

Quote Originally Posted by Cranky View Post
    INT**************J********************* for a reason. Sometimes you need to make a quick decision based on all the available information.
    Well, not really. You can break out of these negative cycles by taking some time and care (oh crikey, I'm growing...)
    ~As for you, my galvanized friend, you want a heart! You don't know how lucky you are not to have one. Hearts will never be practical until they can be made unbreakable.~

MBTI
    INTJ

INTJs aren't any more lazy than the other types - from what I see. ENTPs are far lazier in the true sense of the word.

I have times when I am completely lethargic, but that is because I spend much time in my own head, weighing the different options and refining my mental framework, which can greatly impact performance. This lethargy seems to be similar to the one described by the others on this thread. I focus so far into the future at times that my present situation slowly deteriorates, at which time I have to compose myself and continue along more narrow lines. It can develop into a bad habit if not controlled, and procrastination becomes a blight after initiative kicks in but no options are left. The listless state is along the lines of Sherlock Holmes; this is the best way I can describe it, except that it isn't nowhere near that extreme. If I don't have something to work towards, and see no means of getting there anytime reasonable, I begin to retreat into my own imagination.

If INTJs are ever "lazy," I believe it's because their own inner standards are more important to them than traditional measurements of "success." If one is highly introverted, it is far more difficult to act proactively in the "real" world; I can easily see how many INTJs (including myself) would turn to less 'energetic' forms of interaction, such as internet forums or chat rooms.

Lastly, I don't believe that INTJs are "underachievers," because it's contradicted by observing the real world. INTJs are definitely overrepresented in the executive world, scientific world, political world, and even the arts. It seems to me that although some INTJs are simply lazy, when INTJs does do apply themselves they reach high places.
    "Death is nothing, but to live defeated and inglorious is to die daily."
    —Bonaparte

Enneagram
    inxj

That describes me completely, odd how all intj's have really just one voice, the intj voice, or so it seems to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Uytuun View Post
    I'm lazy, I can get lost in Ni for days and not do anything productive at all. I need reality to kick me into doing stuff on a daily basis, otherwise, I just float off. I also procrastinate like smileyman.
    Same here.
    It causes me to delve into other activities (which I enjoy) and neglect the things I'd better finish off where there's a deadline involved (which equates to neglecting other things I might enjoy doing, basically by just putting them off :/).
    I suppose this is a form of laziness. Or inertia. Or distraction. Whatever.
    Motivation or a "kick in the balls" to finish these things off and just continue my thing = surely needed.
    (I love being woken up; 'shooken up' every once in a while by such random kicks and realizations, it makes me wake up and be productive and happy again :P Another thing which gives me this lightened up feeling is little challenges. Challenges over the lon run are harder due to that same "distraction" yet distraction is kind of a wrong term.)

I wouldn't call myself a lazy person though, I can be pretty motivated and focused, but I easily distract myself from daily needs and what not. In that sense, I find underachiever to be a more correct term.

I also don't see the things I do as wasting time as to me they are relevant.
    Often I'll actually finish quick jobs in order to continue what I want to do. But certain projects require more attention.

I agree that if I would actively apply myself more spontaniously to things without too much worry and wander, I would become less of an underachiever.
    I simply wander too much, it's a weird habit but I try to fill in the voids by doing useful stuff.

Heck I'm a J/P cuspie though so I can easily fall into the P-zone category as well. I actually often do.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w4?

Quote Originally Posted by Lex Talionis View Post
    INTJs aren't any more lazy than the other types - from what I see. ENTPs are far lazier in the true sense of the word.
    Hei! I resemble that remark!

Actually I consider myself a lethargic perfectionist with a drive for efficiency XD

Being efficient takes alot of time and effort, but once yeu have efficiency down, yeu don't have to waste time on redoing it. Do something the right way ONCE and yeu're able to relax past that point.

Screw it up and yeu'll be stuck doing it repeatedly. Which's a waste of time and effort.

I've heard a few others with similar views, though I'm not sure if it's a global mindset for ENTP's. We tend to seem to be far more interested in doing things we enjoy, and one of the things we enjoy is finding new ways to do things, especially new ways to do things so that it's more efficient. Which naturally provides us more time to do other things.

I don't think yeu can really call that being "truly lazy" though, so much as just being quite pragmatic about the matter.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Katsuni View Post
    Hei! I resemble that remark!
    I'll ditto that too, I consider myself lazy because I seek always to find a more efficent way to do things... collegues however think I'm super active and incapable to stopping - to the point that some of them thought I couldn't spend 10 days on a beach holiday, in absolute fairness they may be right, after 6 I got board...

Kat - good to see you hon

Mud and rain and chaos... TickTock's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w3

Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbell View Post
    I'll ditto that too, I consider myself lazy because I seek always to find a more efficent way to do things... collegues however think I'm super active and incapable to stopping - to the point that some of them thought I couldn't spend 10 days on a beach holiday, in absolute fairness they may be right, after 6 I got board...

Kat - good to see you hon
    are you saying you'd go surfing..?
    ~ Truth ~ Freedom ~ Health ~ Love ~ Communication ~ Humor ~ Respect ~

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by TickTock View Post
    are you saying you'd go surfing..?
    never tried, doubt I've got the physical strength, not the strongest swimmer to be honest. But I would do boat trips (was in tHailand, so Long tails are really cool fun to bomb around in). ....

I get board of sand and stuff, long for green.... I got to the beach in the UK, which also has cliff walks and woodland near it, wich is totally perfect for me, because my attention span loves the variety....

What about undisciplined INTJ's?

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram

I've met undisciplined ones. I do agree that for some INTJs, their intuitiveness and knack for efficiency affords them the luxury of not having to do much unless they're met with a big challenge, and they can grow a bit spoiled and used to lots of time to do whatever they like. I think it also makes them easily discouraged from doing work that's hard for them that they're not naturally good at (read: relationships).
    I think I think more than you think I think.