ENTP
    Enneagram
    5w6

They just want you to think that there lazy,

Its all part of the plan...
    Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh? wgah'nagl fhtagn

MBTI
    INTJ

I don't consider myself lazy when my thoughts wonder off for hours and I forget to even turn on the lights when it gets dark. Those can be inspiring hours.

Naturally I try to put off things I don't like to do, doesn't anyone?

Under heavy stress I tend to paralyse. If there are to many things I MUST do, I don't do any of them. I can put off things until after I get in trouble. I letting time pass by thinking: 'ohh I stil have a day.... ohh I still have tonight.... ohh I should have done that yesterday, ohh I will repair that tomorrow, ohh they won't ask for that for at least another week, ohh shit! now I am in trouble!!!' After which point I start running to fix things.
    But I don't think I am lazy.

MBTI
    intj
    Enneagram

Yes to pretty much what everyone has said, in some form or another.
    "There's no need to be embarrassed about it, Mr. Spock. It happens to the birds and the bees!"

I thought it was a staple J-characteristic to get unpleasant things out of the way, and a staple-P characteristic to put off unpleasant activities so you don't cut yourself off from whatever might happen. I would think a lazy INTJ would say "I'll get this out of the way now, but I'll only do enough not to get into trouble because in the long-run this is all a waste of my time".

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

Meta and I both admitted to doing a half-assed job in a lot of our studies for courses we disliked and didn't need to get a great grade out of.

I work in surges. Sometimes I'm uber-J and then for two weeks I do nothing and am lazy. I'm trying to figure out how to be consistent with my self-discipline.
    *You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.
    *Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason once accepted, despite your changing moods.
    C.S. Lewis

MBTI
    nnnn

Quote Originally Posted by Usehername View Post
    Meta and I both admitted to doing a half-assed job in a lot of our studies for courses we disliked and didn't need to get a great grade out of.

I work in surges. Sometimes I'm uber-J and then for two weeks I do nothing and am lazy. I'm trying to figure out how to be consistent with my self-discipline.
    Yeah, I have that too...although it's more like 2 days of being productive, 5 days of doing nothing. Productivity is enhanced by going outside, being around people and having a lot to do. We really do need an external framework.

MBTI
    INTJ

I don't think I'm lazy, I just procrastinate until the very end when time is running out. Then, I start working and finish at the last minute...and my work is superb, more organized, and is superior to all the other people around me (who have worked on it for days). I've come to a point in my life, where I've realized that if I start early, I will work on it for days until I think perfection has been achieved (which only happens at the last minute when the deadline has arrived). So, I start late and finish on time and still performed in a way that I am satisfied with.

Although, sometimes I wish I could start early and finish early, because I always keep thinking about some assignment or something until it's done...its always in the back of my head...I plan continuously. If it's something I really really enjoy doing then I might start early and if it's something I hate doing, I start as late as possible.

So, having a deadline attached to something is a major factor.

MBTI
    INTj

Honestly, I don't know what being lazy means.

Does it mean that one is doing something deemed unproductive? Or something that is not generating money, or the future prospect of money? Or is not doing things that are progressive? Or is this just a matter physical activity without considering mental activity?
    "The only time I'm wrong is when I'm questioning myself."
    Haight

ThatGirl

Wasting time.

MBTI
    intj
    Enneagram

Being on TypoC instead of doing something more challenging that I actually need to get done.

So, I am being lazy right now!
    "There's no need to be embarrassed about it, Mr. Spock. It happens to the birds and the bees!"