• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] The fire in my heart is out

Bushranger

MBTI Type
INTP
So, I've hit a bit of a lull, I have lots of shit to do but very little enthusiasm for the tasks at hand.

What are the things you do to renew your drive/motivation when you are running on empty?

SerengetiBetty

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
- make myself spend 15 minutes doing what needs to be done. sometimes I decide to keep going until it;s almost done and sometimes all I can muster is 15 but eventually it all gets done on time

- indulging in some escapism for a few hours. that can be anything from video games to books, movies or playing around indoors or outdoors. I sometimes find that by first fully charging my fun batteries helps when i need to focus on duties and chores

- examine what it is i have to do. if it's something that i chronically have issues with doing then i either decide to not do them or i look for ways to make it more into something i do want to do. for instance, i hate to clean. i make myself keep my place relatively neat by having friends over every other week.

- leave it until the last possible minute. having the fire of time lit under your ass is an excellent motivator.

Kanamori

- Sleep if it's a problem.
- Something to clear my head.
- Chillax for a couple hours.
- Find a fun or relaxing way to do what you have to do. Turning things into games is usually the only way I can get my work done, or take work seriously.

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
1. Get in touch with your body. Try to slow down your mind.
2. Get lots of sleep. Sleep has amazing restorative powers that are beyond compare. Turn off your phone and alarm and just get some good deep sleep.
3. Spend some time talking with calm, positive people.

dorcus0

MBTI Type
INTP
Running on empty? Here are some options:

- Refuel as efficiently as possible.
- Run on empty anyway. That's bad for the car, but a bit of repair can fix that.
- Wait till the last minute, when you get a miraculous second wind
- Give up, and not get to the destination.

The way I think about motivation is that I don't have to like whatever I'm doing. I just have to, somehow, find the part of myself that likes it (too often, the part of me that's a masochist)

Gewitter27

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Mine has been extinguished for quite a long time.

You get used to it.

Timeless

Playnerd
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
FireExtinguisher1.png

Relax!

:)

Forgetful Functor

MBTI Type
iNtP
Travel!

You don't have to go far, or to any great destination, just get to a different scene for a few hours.

Nighthawk

MBTI Type
INTP
Here are some thing that usually help me refocus and remotivate:

• I take a break from the mundane and try to pursue something that jazzes me. A personal project or a game I enjoy. That usually gives me added energy. Understandably not so easy to do while at work.

• Exercise. Also not easy to do at work, but I find that just getting up and walking around is of some help.

• Ritalin ... the doctor prescribed it to help counter the drowsiness of another medication, but it has the added benefit of motivating me to work ... even through boring stuff.

T

ThatGirl

I remember why I was doing what I was doing in the first place, as there is always a very good reason for it.