User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    INTJ

Default INTJ Guys: Do you see yourself unexpectedly...

Do you see yourself unexpectedly falling for a certain type of girl over and over again (I think they're typically called ENFPs ), who:

(1) Has this beautiful smile that caught your eye the first time you saw her? You find most people who smile a lot to have fake smiles, but this person's smile seems to be so real and so wonderful.
    (2) Has a bubbly personality that you just can't seem to forget.
    (3) Has a personality that you find frustrating and annoying, but somehow irresistible.
    (4) Tends to make you kinda jealous when she is running around always conversing with others (especially other men).

Based on my personal experience with ENFPs...whenever I see a girl like this, I tell myself "Dude, you don't want to get messed up with her, there is just too much complications involved here", but I can't resist, something drives me to keep staring and admiring. This is a general trend of mine that I am trying to break, and I wanted to know if other INTJs out there had a similar problem/attraction. Girls are welcome to post remarks about guys this way they can't resist.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

I tend to fall for a variety of types. The thing is, ExFP's tend to be the ones that like me back. It's highly likely that I've mistyped them of course.

I'd say yes to 1-3. Can't say I'm fond of #4 though. Jealousy is a terrible state of mind, and makes me miserable/feel awful. I'm getting better at that though. Unless they're trying to make me jealous, which, as a tactic, is more likely to lose me than make me like them more...
    Function Activity:
    Ni > Te > Ti = Fi > Ne > Si = Fe > Se

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

Ahahah.

I've had a friendship with that experience. Too funny. Even number 4. He was fine about everything except if we were supposed to be hanging out. Then he wanted me all to himself. Heh!

Aren't you the guy who posted about how much he can't stand ENFPs?

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Time View Post
    Do you see yourself unexpectedly falling for a certain type of girl over and over again (I think they're typically called ENFPs ), who:

(1) Has this beautiful smile that caught your eye the first time you saw her? You find most people who smile a lot to have fake smiles, but this person's smile seems to be so real and so wonderful.
    (2) Has a bubbly personality that you just can't seem to forget.
    (3) Has a personality that you find frustrating and annoying, but somehow irresistible.
    (4) Tends to make you kinda jealous when she is running around always conversing with others (especially other men).

Based on my personal experience with ENFPs...whenever I see a girl like this, I tell myself "Dude, you don't want to get messed up with her, there is just too much complications involved here", but I can't resist, something drives me to keep staring and admiring. This is a general trend of mine that I am trying to break, and I wanted to know if other INTJs out there had a similar problem/attraction. Girls are welcome to post remarks about guys this way they can't resist.
    I'm no INTJ guy...but that's exactly how I felt about ENFP boy that broke my heart. Sigh... Gut says STAY AWAY...but they're so irresistible. Especially when they're at their silliest.

:ouch:

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Elaur View Post
    Ahahah.

I've had a friendship with that experience. Too funny. Even number 4. He was fine about everything except if we were supposed to be hanging out. Then he wanted me all to himself. Heh!

Aren't you the guy who posted about how much he can't stand ENFPs?
    Yes, I am. Honestly, I don't know if I can stand them or not...it's a very confusing experience. My reasoning tells me to avoid them, but all these uncontrollable feelings inside me take over and I keep admiring. It's a curse that I am trying to break...thus I am here searching if other INTJs have escaped or if I am doomed. A select few ENFPs have made me suffer too much, whether it's a fault of theirs or not, and I think it would be best if I could avoid them...maybe I don't mean that, but I hate being rejected and feeling such emotional pain. No one can make me feel the kind of emotional pain like an ENFP girl (who I've begun to admire).

Scream down the boulevard LadyJaye's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sx

I've been pounded to atoms by an INFJ I was in love with, but that hasn't stopped the connect I feel to other INFJ's that cross my path. I'm not going to make a multitude pay for the sins of a few.

If you're attracted to ENFP's, then your feelings are telling you something. One day, there will be an ENFP to come along, and she'll knock you down, but in a good way. And you'll know she's the real thing.

MBTI
    intj
    Enneagram

I'm a female and I fall half in love with ENFP women I meet.

They're pretty adorable. Mildly ridiculous, but pretty adorable.
    "There's no need to be embarrassed about it, Mr. Spock. It happens to the birds and the bees!"

ThatGirl

Yes

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by LadyJaye View Post
    I've been pounded to atoms by an INFJ I was in love with, but that hasn't stopped the connect I feel to other INFJ's that cross my path. I'm not going to make a multitude pay for the sins of a few.

If you're attracted to ENFP's, then your feelings are telling you something. One day, there will be an ENFP to come along, and she'll knock you down, but in a good way. And you'll know she's the real thing.
    You see, I don't think of it that way. "Feelings" telling me something is as ridiculous an idea as it gets (in my opinion). You have to use logic and reason, not your feelings to make decisions. Otherwise, your decisions are going to be based on impulsive behavior and you're more likely to get hurt again. Past experience has shown me that I experience great pain after some months of contact with an ENFP, so my reasoning tells me that I must simply avoid them to not feel such pain. It makes sense to me! Of course, my reasoning also tells me that I am probably going to alone for the rest of my life (due to me being an INTJ) especially if I avoid ENFPs, since they are most accepting of INTJs. I hate life. :steam:

Pumpernickel
    MBTI
    ENTJ

I dont know why you think these are ENFPs.

I'd say about 80% of my friends are INTJs (heh, I love them) and many of them describe me in that exact way.

It sounds like you are describing ENTPs. Although running around talking with other men = Se mixed with Te, so maybe ENTJs even with a fairly developed feeling side.