• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTJ] INTJ Guys: Do you see yourself unexpectedly...

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Although I've never known an INFJ (at a deep level), at least I don't think I have, I have reasoned in my mind many times that an INFJ would be a good match. I won't have to deal with too many uncomfortable extroverted situations/places, a deep intuitive understanding of each other, a nicer, gentler feeling side to complement my objective (and harsh) thinking, and organized and structured like me (especially since I am a germophobe...ENFPs are gross...and this is coming from a guy whos observed ENFP girls).

However, where would I meet such an INFJ, they are even rarer than INTJs. Much too difficult to find, especially since I am part of the scientific community...those INFJs are impossible to meet...not to mention my lack of any friends outside of my science.
I think germophobes are gross, they tend to be xenophobic as well, as well as self-hating human beings/animals.

Shit, piss, disease, and death, and general *imperfection* are all inherent to life, if you reject or deny these things, you deny yourself of the truth about living systems/organisms.

"ENFPs are gross."

How dare you say such a subjective statement so categorically.

You seem like an awkward and under-the-surface nasty person.

Good luck finding a mate.

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
True, that. Though I end up rolling my eyes at their drama queen theatrics after a while.
"Drama queen theatrics"

:thelook:

Explain, please.

I thought our type was one not to sweat the small stuff.

I am the opposite of a drama queen.

We've got Fi, NOT Fe!

When and if I cry, I prefer to cry alone, and when I cry, the tears pour out but there is no noise or wailing that accompanies it.

In fact, people who have seen me cry have told me it was an eerie experience because of the lack of noise, the onset, and reason behind my tears.

I absolutely cannot stand drama queens/kings, unless they are funny.

Life is too short, and precious, imo.

:)

sculpting

Although I've never known an INFJ (at a deep level), at least I don't think I have, I have reasoned in my mind many times that an INFJ would be a good match. I won't have to deal with too many uncomfortable extroverted situations/places, a deep intuitive understanding of each other, a nicer, gentler feeling side to complement my objective (and harsh) thinking, and organized and structured like me (especially since I am a germophobe...ENFPs are gross...and this is coming from a guy whos observed ENFP girls).

However, where would I meet such an INFJ, they are even rarer than INTJs. Much too difficult to find, especially since I am part of the scientific community...those INFJs are impossible to meet...not to mention my lack of any friends outside of my science.

Funny, I work with a couple of INTJ-INFJ pairs. They drive each other insane. In a bad way. The INTJs think the INFJs dont see the big picture, and the INFJs think the INTJs are being rude and talking down to them. However I do know one INFJ-INTJ couple who seem happy. They are conservative baptist republicans so perhaps there is enough simularity ?

True, that. Though I end up rolling my eyes at their drama queen theatrics after a while.

This seems to vary from ENFP. Honestly since ENFPs seem to endlessly morph ourselves around others around us, we come in a lot of different varities. Some do this worse than others. Also, we display our emo, where an Fe user seems to hide it. It helps us calibrate what we feel as being the correct emotional response. Just tell an ENFP "I understand why you are feeling the way you are. It makes sense given the circumstances. How can we logically adress the issue?"

I'm a female and I fall half in love with ENFP women I meet.

They're pretty adorable. Mildly ridiculous, but pretty adorable.

:) That is soooo sweet. And yes, I think that is what all my INTJs seem to do. With IXTJs I can be more openly Fi than with any other type. So I end up like a mildly retarded fairy puppy boomerang, filled with buckets of sparkles. You guys bring it out in us. I am not normally this NeFi....

sgtmac_46

MBTI Type
ENTP

An INTJ germophobe........that's new. :)

My former INTJ boss couldn't come in contact with people without washing his hands 20 times, using a dozen disinfectant wipes, and cleaning every surface there ever possibly came in contact with.

It became much worse when he was under stress. One of the gals at the office licked his door handle once, and he nearly lost his mind! :yim_rolling_on_the_:yim_rolling_on_the_

sgtmac_46

MBTI Type
ENTP
"Drama queen theatrics"

:thelook:

Explain, please.

I thought our type was one not to sweat the small stuff.

I am the opposite of a drama queen.

We've got Fi, NOT Fe!

When and if I cry, I prefer to cry alone, and when I cry, the tears pour out but there is no noise or wailing that accompanies it.

In fact, people who have seen me cry have told me it was an eerie experience because of the lack of noise, the onset, and reason behind my tears.

I absolutely cannot stand drama queens/kings, unless they are funny.

Life is too short, and precious, imo.

Perhaps 'histrionic' would be a better word. ;)

It isn't just about the 'crying', it's more about the hyper emotionalism, hyper enthusiasm, and almost faux emotional reactions of ENFP's. Not that I don't think it's cute, which I do.

An ENFP I used to date would watch a TV show and all the time act as if part of it scared her or made her jump, but it was all an affect she did for attention.

I've always found ENFP's to be the most sexually manipulative too.......SP's are more overtly sexual, but ENFP's tend to be far more teasing and flirtatious with their sexuality......in a far more abstract way.

Mr.Time

MBTI Type
INTJ
I think germophobes are gross, they tend to be xenophobic as well, as well as self-hating human beings/animals.

Shit, piss, disease, and death, and general *imperfection* are all inherent to life, if you reject or deny these things, you deny yourself of the truth about living systems/organisms.

"ENFPs are gross."

How dare you say such a subjective statement so categorically.

You seem like an awkward and under-the-surface nasty person.

Good luck finding a mate.

Why are you taking things so personally? I am making statements based on my observations in an objective manner. Insulting me in such a manner only adds to my set of observations about ENFPs taking things so personally, and in general, being so opinionated...assuming they have discovered the meaning to life and looking down on those who express their own. Calm down, woman.

Heinel

MBTI Type
TiSe
Enneagram
5w4
especially since I am a germophobe...ENFPs are gross...and this is coming from a guy whos observed ENFP girls

I actually laughed out loud at that one, is there really a pattern?

There is this guy who I am thinking is an ENFP, and argh does he stink! I only see him once a week for a couple of hours but he sits beside me and every time there is a different odor... and he kept biting his nails...

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Perhaps 'histrionic' would be a better word. ;)
Histrionic is worse, Dr. Freud.

It isn't just about the 'crying', it's more about the hyper emotionalism, hyper enthusiasm, and almost faux emotional reactions of ENFP's.
Ew, how I feel is real.

I take my feelings seriously and find any form of emotional phoniness, or manipulation morally abhorrent!

An ENFP I used to date would watch a TV show and all the time act as if part of it scared her or made her jump, but it was all an affect she did for attention.
Contrary to popular belief we are NOT attention whores, but rather, due to our "special" personalities we happen to get a lot of attention.

I NEVER ACT A CERTAIN WAY TO GET ATTENTION, EW^100!!!

I, and other mature ENFPs tend to always keep it real.

Also, I happen to be incredibly sensitive to imagery, I cry at movies and refuse to watch violent films due to the emotional, and physiological responses that watching such movies elicits from me.

My reactions and responses to stimulii are real, if anyone I knew where to ever question that authenticity they'd be no friend of mine.

Perhaps you need to re-read the ENFP profile.

It sounds like you are describing an immature EFJ.

I've always found ENFP's to be the most sexually manipulative too.......SP's are more overtly sexual, but ENFP's tend to be far more teasing and flirtatious with their sexuality......in a far more abstract way.
:huh:

Now we're sexually manipulative, too!?!?!?

Am I sexual?

Yes.

Am I sensual?

Yes.

Am I flirtatious?

At times, yes.

Am I sexually manipulative?!?!?

Hell fucking no!!!

Ugh!!!

Why are you taking things so personally? I am making statements based on my observations in an objective manner. Insulting me in such a manner only adds to my set of observations about ENFPs taking things so personally, and in general, being so opinionated...assuming they have discovered the meaning to life and looking down on those who express their own. Calm down, woman.
Don't tell me to calm down. And, don't call me woman, man.

You called ENFPs gross, I am an ENFP therefore you called me gross.

I thought you were scientifically inclined?

Ever heard of a venn diagram???

You do the math.

You got personal first.

Lauren Ashley

Revelation
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
(especially since I am a germophobe...ENFPs are gross...and this is coming from a guy whos observed ENFP girls).

An INTJ germophobe........that's new. :)

Interesting. All of the INTJs I've ever known have been slightly germophobic, if not extremely germophobic. ENFPs are definitely less stringent when it comes to such matters, so I could see why an INTJ would think they are "gross." I know an INTJ-INTJ couple and they only have sex after taking a shower and only on freshly washed white sheets...

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Interesting. All of the INTJs I've ever known have been slightly germophobic, if not extremely germophobic. ENFPs are definitely less stringent when it comes to such matters, so I could see why an INTJ would think they are "gross." I know an INTJ-INTJ couple and they only have sex after taking a shower and only on freshly washed white sheets...
Kinky! :newwink:

Metamorphosis

MBTI Type
INTJ
I know an INTJ-INTJ couple and they only have sex after taking a shower and only on freshly washed white sheets...

That sounds like a buzz kill. Child birth is going to be a blast for them. Plus, I assume you could never have sex outside of on the bed in the bedroom? Lame.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9

Wow. I like to wash my hands but this ^^ I can't imagine.

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Do you see yourself unexpectedly falling for a certain type of girl over and over again (I think they're typically called ENFPs :) ), who:

(1) Has this beautiful smile that caught your eye the first time you saw her? You find most people who smile a lot to have fake smiles, but this person's smile seems to be so real and so wonderful.
(2) Has a bubbly personality that you just can't seem to forget.
(3) Has a personality that you find frustrating and annoying, but somehow irresistible.
(4) Tends to make you kinda jealous when she is running around always conversing with others (especially other men).

Based on my personal experience with ENFPs...whenever I see a girl like this, I tell myself "Dude, you don't want to get messed up with her, there is just too much complications involved here", but I can't resist, something drives me to keep staring and admiring. This is a general trend of mine that I am trying to break, and I wanted to know if other INTJs out there had a similar problem/attraction. Girls are welcome to post remarks about guys this way they can't resist.
OMG, YOU STARTED THIS THREAD!!!!

:doh:

So, we are all those things you mentioned and gross.

How are we gross?

Lauren Ashley

Revelation
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
That sounds like a buzz kill. Child birth is going to be a blast for them. Plus, I assume you could never have sex outside of on the bed in the bedroom? Lame.

I don't think they plan on having children, at least they've never mentioned it to each other and they've been together for a decade now. I don't know if they have sex anywhere else, maybe they lay down bubble wrap on any surfaces first. ;)

At least they know they are clean and germ-free!
The pairing works very well, they seem to agree on most things. Even if their relationship seems more like a business partnership to outsiders.

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
I am a big hand washer, because I love the feel of clean hands, (I also love the smell of yummy soap!)

But, all in all, dirt doesn't bother me. Nor does messiness.

All you neat freaks out there, and symmetry whores.

Absolute cleanliness and symmetry are strictly theoretical and illusory.

Embrace the imperfect!

poppy

triple nerd score
MBTI Type
intj
Enneagram
I'm not sure that I've ever found ENFPs to be any less hygienic than anyone else...though you can count me in with the INTJs who can't stand unclean or unpleasant textures (a friend once squirted KY jelly on my hand in the supermarket and I had a minor freak out because of how vile and greasy it felt).

Anyway I think it comes down to how uptight you are. Traditionally INTJs win at that, and ENFPs are way more relaxed, though personal cleanliness in both cases is hit or miss.

What was this thread about again?

Kalach

Filthy Apes!
MBTI Type
INTJ
I don't think they plan on having children, at least they've never mentioned it to each other and they've been together for a decade now. I don't know if they have sex anywhere else, maybe they lay down bubble wrap on any surfaces first. ;)

O baby, *pop*, O Baby, *pop*, right there, Baby, *pop pop*.

Litvyak

No Cigar
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I know an INTJ-INTJ couple and they only have sex after taking a shower and only on freshly washed white sheets...

I've read that as "they only take a shower after having sex", and stared at the monitor for like... minutes :doh:
Ok sorry for trolling, promise it'll be better after some sleep...

VinceBaker

MBTI Type
INTJ
I've had weird attractions in my time.

Right now I'm interested in two girls, both of whom reason tells me to not even try for. They're both actresses and normally I hate everything about those that act (most of them don't know when to stop, normally annoy me) they continue to make me admire them. One's an es*J and the other I think is a En*P. The problem is that I haven't the foggiest if they like me or not, or if they're part of the group that thinks I'm gay.

Anyway, They've got the first three traits in abundance, though neither of them annoy me much, and I even get jealous sometimes if I don't watch myself. Maybe one day I'll get up the nerve to ask one of them out.

"Hey baby, I bet your tongue feels nice."
Probably not the best way to ask...