• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] NTs - in what ways are you confident?

Two Point Two

MBTI Type
INTJ
When I wasn't sure which INT I was, one of the things that made me err on the side of P was that INTJs were described as confident, perhaps the most confident type, while INTPs always doubted everything, including themselves.

Generally, I'm not a confident person. I'm not confident around people, asserting myself, believing I'll pass a test, walking into a room full of strangers. Confidence in my abilities wavers back and forth.

But, more recently, I've realised that there is one specific way in which I'm confident, and that's in my ideas. When I have an idea, I think I am pretty good at gauging its value or its accuracy, and when an idea strikes me as good or correct, I'm really quite confident that it is. Now, I'm not incapable of doubting it; I have a conscious policy of not committing totally to any given idea, and I have revised ideas that I've been quite sure of in the past. But there nevertheless comes, with some ideas, a definite feeling of confidence, and I'm prepared to defend these ideas in all sorts of situations that would otherwise inspire a great deal of doubt.

So, other NTs - do you relate? In particular, INTJs, does this sound like you? And, INTPs, do you not experience this kind of idea-confidence?

And, ENTs - in what ways are you confident or otherwise?

poppy

triple nerd score
MBTI Type
intj
Enneagram
Yes, that sounds about right. I'm very confident in my ideas, though I am not opposed to revising and refining them (or making major shifts in light of new information).

The only area where I typically have any lack of sureness is in the business of love and attraction, and I rarely express that insecurity.

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
Eh, I'm only confident if I'm critiquing someone else's ideas. If I'm presenting new ideas that are my own, I'm generally still doubtful. And lack of confidence in the social realm is needless to say.

Nizy

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I am generally fairly confident in my social interactions. If anything I tend to over think them and end up surprised at how much simpler they are than I expect.

As far as ideas go.... I wouldn't say that I am not confident, so much as I distrust my ideas. I feel that for any theoretical concept I come up with there are so many variables that I can't hope to be completely confident. Usually I just need to stop thinking and accept my idea as it is(to an extent) if I wish to apply it to discussion or reality.

Nizy

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Although I suppose I am confident in my ability to analyze my ideas, and usually other's.

INTJ123

HAHHAHHAH!
MBTI Type
ESFP
yea that sounds about right. We have spines.

Forgetful Functor

MBTI Type
iNtP
I am definitely confident in my knowledge of the systems that I study: math, physics, music, et c.

I was doing my ENTP friend's calculus webassign for him the other day and having a great time cutting off his objections by submitting my answers and watching them come back correct.

I have gained A LOT of social confidence in recent years, although I think I will always have room for improvement in this area. Having gained this confidence, I find that my new struggle is to curb my enthusiasm/practice some temperance. When meeting people for the first time, I come off as WAY too enthusiastic for their tastes, so I'm working on appearing more normal and revealing the quirkier side once I know people better.

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
Im really confident when i dont doubt. I dont doubt when i know enough facts. I know enough facts about whats going on in my own head, so im confident from my own thoughts and rationalizations. When im in new situation with other people involved i dont know enough facts usually, so im not confident untill i get to know people. And i will be really confident when i get to know them. If im in new situation without other people involved, i know i can figure it out cuz im not dummy.

thisGuy

MBTI Type
entp
its not that lack of confidence as much as it is the presence of doubt, which is healthy...as long as it is balanced

the intj confidence, i think, is to be glorified with caution. it makes them so sure in doing stuff that they can sometimes be completely closed to certain aspects of life. it causes them to turn a blind eye to much needed things....at times leading to self-destruction. of course no one on the outside will be able to tell...its the frikkin INxJ nature

i know a INTJ girl like that

thisGuy

MBTI Type
entp
also, i, myself am never really 100% confident, i just assume that everyone else is even less confident...paves the way for a healthy, assertive me

SerengetiBetty

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Very confident. Even if I don't know something, I'm confident that I have the capacity to learn quickly and apply what I learn in interesting ways.

Frank

I'm extremely confident in my visions of how things will be. I'm also confident in my ability to do anything I set my mind to.