User Tag List

12 Last

MBTI
    INTJ

Default NTs - in what ways are you confident?

When I wasn't sure which INT I was, one of the things that made me err on the side of P was that INTJs were described as confident, perhaps the most confident type, while INTPs always doubted everything, including themselves.

Generally, I'm not a confident person. I'm not confident around people, asserting myself, believing I'll pass a test, walking into a room full of strangers. Confidence in my abilities wavers back and forth.

But, more recently, I've realised that there is one specific way in which I'm confident, and that's in my ideas. When I have an idea, I think I am pretty good at gauging its value or its accuracy, and when an idea strikes me as good or correct, I'm really quite confident that it is. Now, I'm not incapable of doubting it; I have a conscious policy of not committing totally to any given idea, and I have revised ideas that I've been quite sure of in the past. But there nevertheless comes, with some ideas, a definite feeling of confidence, and I'm prepared to defend these ideas in all sorts of situations that would otherwise inspire a great deal of doubt.

So, other NTs - do you relate? In particular, INTJs, does this sound like you? And, INTPs, do you not experience this kind of idea-confidence?

And, ENTs - in what ways are you confident or otherwise?

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE

What way?

When I'm smiling.

MBTI
    intj
    Enneagram

Yes, that sounds about right. I'm very confident in my ideas, though I am not opposed to revising and refining them (or making major shifts in light of new information).

The only area where I typically have any lack of sureness is in the business of love and attraction, and I rarely express that insecurity.
    "There's no need to be embarrassed about it, Mr. Spock. It happens to the birds and the bees!"

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Eh, I'm only confident if I'm critiquing someone else's ideas. If I'm presenting new ideas that are my own, I'm generally still doubtful. And lack of confidence in the social realm is needless to say.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    iLi

I am generally fairly confident in my social interactions. If anything I tend to over think them and end up surprised at how much simpler they are than I expect.

As far as ideas go.... I wouldn't say that I am not confident, so much as I distrust my ideas. I feel that for any theoretical concept I come up with there are so many variables that I can't hope to be completely confident. Usually I just need to stop thinking and accept my idea as it is(to an extent) if I wish to apply it to discussion or reality.
    Ti>Ne>Te>Ni>Se>Fe>Si>Fi

"Sometimes life leaves a hundred dollar bill on your dresser, and you don't realize until later that it's because it fucked you."

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    iLi

Although I suppose I am confident in my ability to analyze my ideas, and usually other's.
    Ti>Ne>Te>Ni>Se>Fe>Si>Fi

"Sometimes life leaves a hundred dollar bill on your dresser, and you don't realize until later that it's because it fucked you."

MBTI
    ESFP
    Socionics
    ESFP

yea that sounds about right. We have spines.

I am definitely confident in my knowledge of the systems that I study: math, physics, music, et c.

I was doing my ENTP friend's calculus webassign for him the other day and having a great time cutting off his objections by submitting my answers and watching them come back correct.

I have gained A LOT of social confidence in recent years, although I think I will always have room for improvement in this area. Having gained this confidence, I find that my new struggle is to curb my enthusiasm/practice some temperance. When meeting people for the first time, I come off as WAY too enthusiastic for their tastes, so I'm working on appearing more normal and revealing the quirkier side once I know people better.
    Ti = Ne > Fi = Ni > Te = Si > Fe = Se

"I've never seen a child who didn't want to build something out of blocks, or learn something new, or try the next task. And the only reason why adults aren't like that is, I suppose, that they have been sent to school and other oppressive institutions which have driven that out of them."
    -- Noam Chomsky

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Im really confident when i dont doubt. I dont doubt when i know enough facts. I know enough facts about whats going on in my own head, so im confident from my own thoughts and rationalizations. When im in new situation with other people involved i dont know enough facts usually, so im not confident untill i get to know people. And i will be really confident when i get to know them. If im in new situation without other people involved, i know i can figure it out cuz im not dummy.
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

MBTI
    entp

its not that lack of confidence as much as it is the presence of doubt, which is healthy...as long as it is balanced

the intj confidence, i think, is to be glorified with caution. it makes them so sure in doing stuff that they can sometimes be completely closed to certain aspects of life. it causes them to turn a blind eye to much needed things....at times leading to self-destruction. of course no one on the outside will be able to tell...its the frikkin INxJ nature

i know a INTJ girl like that