• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] ENTPs & Relationships: ISFJ or INFJ?

fill

"Everything in its place"
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I've got an ENTP friend who's in a long distance relationship with an unhealthy ISFJ who she's said is at sometimes suicidal. She's really struggling with what to do as he's wanting a long commitment that she's not sure she's interested in.

Then I came along. And while I'm giving her counsel, we're starting to show interest in each other.

To ESTPs: In general, what are your experiences with ISFJs and INFJs in relationships?

To everyone: How does one deal with an unhealthy person and ending a relationship?

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
So you pulled the "nice friend prank" and stole that guy his ENTP ?

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Well for one it's a long distance relationship. Your ENTP friend should have a talk with the ISFJ and explain how she wants something real, and that it isn't working out. Your ENTP friend should explain that she isn't interested in a long distance commitment and that she, again, wants something real. The only issue is how unhealthy this person is...

I've had experience in this area. Just gradually break it off. Avoid contact with the person ever again if possible.

And have fun with your new ENTP! :)

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
In what area you dont have experience ? :D

fill

"Everything in its place"
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
The only issue is how unhealthy this person is...

Yeah, it really is. It makes me extremely cautious as I have an utter incapability of taking things away from people- especially if they're in this state.

So you pulled the "nice friend prank" and stole that guy his ISFJ ?

Hah, no. We're actually interested in each other regardless of her relationship status. I don't pull pranks, and I refute egos. Damn those things...

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Hah, no. We're actually interested in each other regardless of her relationship status. I don't pull pranks, and I refute egos. Damn those things...

I bet you are sunshine :)

Timmy

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
To ESTPs: In general, what are your experiences with ISFJs relationships?

Married one. In March, it'll be 15 years. :)

OOPS: Just saw that this was for ESTP...I am ENTP...I went off the original thread title.

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
I dated an ISFJ, and my best friend and chief social rival in high school was an ISFJ. Type has little to do with compatibility, as long as both parties work with each other instead of clinging to their own way.

That being said, IxFJs don't always seem as willing to work with you. It can be their way or the highway. So neither for me, as well.

Tewt

MBTI Type
ENTP
I either get along famously with isfj's or we immensely dislike each other.

I don't know of any infj's, SO is an INFp....we do great :)

In your case, I'm thinking problems are going to have less to do with type and more to do with reality. One suicidal person, suicidal persons mate leaving for a third person who was "counseling" second person....not looking so hot to me.

sgtmac_46

MBTI Type
ENTP
I've got an ENTP friend who's in a long distance relationship with an unhealthy ISFJ who she's said is at sometimes suicidal. She's really struggling with what to do as he's wanting a long commitment that she's not sure she's interested in.

Then I came along. And while I'm giving her counsel, we're starting to show interest in each other.

To ESTPs: In general, what are your experiences with ISFJs and INFJs in relationships?

To everyone: How does one deal with an unhealthy person and ending a relationship?

I've been in a relationship with an INFJ.......very mysterious type.......but she was a bit bi-polar so that probably helped with the 'mysterious' (see also: Unpredictable).