[URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

@INTP: Nice...

@The Decline: Yea... ok (even though I think I'm not a nerd)

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by Ragingkatsuki View Post
    In high school the "cool kids" as you put it were neutral towards me. I didn't bother them and they didn't bother me. Although I personally had deep disrespect towards them and pitied them for their 'shallow minds'. They falsely put themselves higher than others when they obviously don't deserve it. It would be nice if someone were to put them in their proper place.
    I did this to someone in grade 8, half way through the year he disappeared.

Quote Originally Posted by OneWithSoul View Post
    Well, there's this one I know and he's like the best at everything, he's in my grade.

He's not an ENTJ, but he's really popular. He does sports, music, and is number 1 in our class as far as GPA.

But he's arrogant and pompous. I know he's an INTJ because he never ever talks about himself and is not bossy or loud or self centered.

I wouldn't say he's a nerd. He is, to a degree because he kind of has a rep. as being this genius god that everyone worships, but he is popular and he goes to a lot of parties and he has a ton of friends.
    This sounds like what happened to me in my grade 7 year - except for the sports.
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INTJ

Hang on - why are we excluding girls from this conversation?

I'm an INTJ, a girl, and probably a nerd/geek (depending on the very flexible definition of those words).

That may not be helping the cause, but...I'm pretty sure there are non-geeky and non-nerdy INTJs.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

I don't think I have ever been a nerd or a geek. Well, aside from being an IT person and romantic/relationship challenged for most of my life and I'm kind of anal/OCD about some thing. I don't love math. I don't even like math. When I took math classes I use to say...I foresee a lot of raging tears in the near future, (fortunately I have a physics/math major ENFJ and he's an outstanding teacher). I love sports and I care a great deal about how I look.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

MBTI
    ENFJ

Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    Being self-intrested isnt the same thing as being intrested of getting education that gives good money on the future. Some people move to woods, build theyr own houses and gather/hunt/grow theyr own food because theyr self-intrested.
    It is being self-interested. Why can't there be more than one form of being self-interested? Why must you boil down all self-interest to the lowest common denominator so that anybody who's self-interested in a different way is a NUUUURD HURHURHUR because ALL INTJS MUST BE NERDS?
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by Haphazard View Post
    It is being self-interested. Why can't there be more than one form of being self-interested? Why must you boil down all self-interest to the lowest common denominator so that anybody who's self-interested in a different way is a NUUUURD HURHURHUR because ALL INTJS MUST BE NERDS?
    You didnt get my point really. I told that there is allso other forms of being self-intrested than studuying. When there is other forms of being self-intrestrested, you cant use that as argument for studuying. The way you are self-intrested reflects your true self, and when you choose university as form of being self-intrested you are intrested about learning nerdy stuff, instead for example living as a hippie in some community in the woods. University and what you get yout of it makes you happy, thats why you choose it as form of self-intrest.

That last sentence of yours i dont understand.
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

Contrary to all the posts, I'm guessing not.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    You didnt get my point really. I told that there is allso other forms of being self-intrested than studuying. When there is other forms of being self-intrestrested, you cant use that as argument for studuying. The way you are self-intrested reflects your true self, and when you choose university as form of being self-intrested you are intrested about learning nerdy stuff, instead for example living as a hippie in some community in the woods. University and what you get yout of it makes you happy, thats why you choose it as form of self-intrest.

That last sentence of yours i dont understand.
    But that would be like saying some who is intrested in football is an idiot or in a next step: a physics professor cant be religious.

I dont think its that easy with stereotypes.

I think I do understand what you are trieing to do here, but let those nerds find out for themselves. Only thing that counts in the end is that they are happy with what they do.
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

I played varsity sports, am socially skilled and play the guitar. I build bikes in my spare time and work at a cycle/ski shop. I have learned how to dress myself quite adequately.

I also was a band geek (just for the tours! we got to go across North America), took third year chemistry for fun, and am hopefully going to live in academia if all goes to plan.
    *You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.
    *Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason once accepted, despite your changing moods.
    C.S. Lewis