User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    ENFJ

I am interested in maintaining a good GPA so I can get into college with scholarship money. That's what being a nerd is? Being self-interested?
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

nah, I think especially in America your grades are important, especially if school costs that much money.

My grades range from A's to D's, but I admire people with constant dedication
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

Well, there's this one I know and he's like the best at everything, he's in my grade.

He's not an ENTJ, but he's really popular. He does sports, music, and is number 1 in our class as far as GPA.

But he's arrogant and pompous. I know he's an INTJ because he never ever talks about himself and is not bossy or loud or self centered.

I wouldn't say he's a nerd. He is, to a degree because he kind of has a rep. as being this genius god that everyone worships, but he is popular and he goes to a lot of parties and he has a ton of friends.
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Patrick Bateman ?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    Oki. But what are you like if your not nerd and still intj? I mean only thing i see in intj is a big nerd and not much more..
    I think when you say NERD you may mean GEEK.

Nerd = Straight A student, teased, hardly has friends
    GEEK = socially inept, doesn't fit in, made fun of, but has a clique of friends where they have lots of 'geeky' things in common.

What do you think?

MBTI
    ENFJ

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    nah, I think especially in America your grades are important, especially if school costs that much money.
    I don't understand the stigma of getting good grades when good grades are good money in a very real sense.

Good grades in high school = $$ to go to a respectable college/uni
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

MBTI
    ?
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Ragingkatsuki View Post
    I got As in Physics and Maths because I found them interesting
    Nerd
    "Stop it, you fuck. Give him some butter."
    Ti
    = Ne > Ni > Fi > Te > Se > Fe > Si INTP (I/PNT) 5w4

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Haphazard View Post
    I don't understand the stigma of getting good grades when good grades are good money in a very real sense.

Good grades in high school = $$ to go to a respectable college/uni
    Nah its ok, as a B student () I myself have sometimes been confronted with being seen as a nerd in that regards, but some very stupid comment of mine then saved my ass .

I am personally a big fan of personal freedom and alone the thought of having to learn for an exam I find limiting. It will not change, in my job I have to do things aswell, I find do limit my personal freedom. Therefore I am more of a political social guy in that direction, I find any means of comparison limiting.

On the other hand tho, I find it appealing to be very good in exams, cause it as you said helps you later on in life + I like the challenge and I am very perfectionistic and I like to figure out how a system works and therefore am inclined to learn in very detail for exames, can really get phlegmatic.

This attitude just is very influenced by motivation and tho I have become quite good at motivating myself, as a kid I hadnt had that ability yet

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by Ragingkatsuki View Post
    That's being a bit stereotypical although I know what you mean. It would all depend on how you define 'nerd'. I've had nerd been told to me by an A student as I can have a lot of knowledge in many different subjects but usually has nothing to do with my academics. I would call him a nerd because he is an A student. I have no interest in being good at my academics because it feels like I'm forced by someone stupid to learn what they want me to. I just learn what will help me in the future.
    I define nerd like this:

Quote Originally Posted by wikipedia
    The stereotypical nerd is intelligent but socially and physically awkward. They typically appear either to lack confidence or to be indifferent or oblivious to the negative perceptions held of them by others, with the result that they become frequent objects of scorn, ridicule, bullying, and social isolation. Some nerds show a pronounced interest in subjects which others tend to find dull or complex and difficult to comprehend, or overly mature for their age, especially topics related to science, mathematics and technology. On the opposite end of the spectrum, nerds may show an interest in activities that are viewed by their peers as immature for their age, such as trading cards, comic books, television programs, movies, role-playing games, video games and other things relating to fantasy and science fiction. Nerds are also sometimes portrayed as having symptoms of obsessive-compulsive disorder such as by showing extreme interest in rules.
    I am interested in maintaining a good GPA so I can get into college with scholarship money. That's what being a nerd is? Being self-interested?
    Being self-intrested isnt the same thing as being intrested of getting education that gives good money on the future. Some people move to woods, build theyr own houses and gather/hunt/grow theyr own food because theyr self-intrested.
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

MBTI
    ISFx
    Enneagram
    6w7

I'm applying to MIT so I can get a liberal arts degree.

Maybe I am nerdy, I'm just also insane.

you FORGOT there were INTJ girls too.

NERD.
    INTJ girls = , if a little anal about organising when we do things.

Quote Originally Posted by 2XtremeENFP View Post
    I think when you say NERD you may mean GEEK.

Nerd = Straight A student, teased, hardly has friends
    GEEK = socially inept, doesn't fit in, made fun of, but has a clique of friends where they have lots of 'geeky' things in common.

What do you think?
    Geek - having an...unusually strong passion for something, so much so you learn everything there is to know about it, hoard a collection etc.
    Come along Fool
    A direct hit of the senses you are disconnected
    It's not that it's bad, it's not that it's death
    It's just on the tip of your tongue, and you're so silent