User Tag List

12 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6

Default INTP's = Most Likely to be Unbalanced?

Unlike ENTP's and ENTJ's who are better equipped to function socially and INTJ's who are driven enough to get things accomplished (which looks better in society's eyes,) are INTP's more naturally driven to be "unhealthy?"

I'm not saying that all INTP's are unhealthy or unbalanced, but it seems to me of any type, INTP's have tendencies to be the least balanced.

What do you think?
    Ti = 19 [][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Te = 16[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Ne = 16[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Fi = 15 [][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Si = 12 [][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Ni = 12 [][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Se = 11[][][][][][][][][][][]
    Fe = 0

-----------------
    Tiger got to hunt, bird got to fly;
    Man got to sit and wonder why, why, why;
    Tiger got to sleep, bird got to land;
    Man got to tell himself he understand

Widdles in your cream.
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    LII

I could see the minimal want for affiliation potentially leading to social isolation, in INTPs.

>> I may have become a loner at my university.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

I think its because Ti is so strong process on intps that it may block other functions too much quite easilly, way easier than Ne for example.
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

Depends on how you define unbalanced. Which is the norm that decides what balanced is?

MBTI
    ENTP

Everyone who expresses a strong tendancy towards something almost certainly has a lack of balance in something else.

So Feelers are likely to neglect thinky academic learning...
    P types are likely to neglect administration
    J types neglect sponenaity and miss various life opportunities as a result.

Readers (who almost always look down on people who don't read), miss life opportunitites through lack of doing.

INTP's miss out on being ESFJ....

Actually MBTI is about peoples lack of balances or they wouldn't show tendancies towards any category....Hence I think the questions is bonkers sorry...

MBTI
    xxxx

And Ti isn't a function that seeks internal consistency and balance.

Riiight...
    If a deaf INFP falls in the forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew_Z View Post
    And Ti isn't a function that seeks internal consistency and balance.

Riiight...
    Imo its not, but it works with other functions and they do all that together.
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8

Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbell View Post
    Everyone who expresses a strong tendancy towards something almost certainly has a lack of balance in something else.

So Feelers are likely to neglect thinky academic learning...
    P types are likely to neglect administration
    J types neglect sponenaity and miss various life opportunities as a result.

Readers (who almost always look down on people who don't read), miss life opportunitites through lack of doing.

INTP's miss out on being ESFJ....

Actually MBTI is about peoples lack of balances or they wouldn't show tendancies towards any category....Hence I think the questions is bonkers sorry...
    Yea, i agree. It just so happens that the personality of the INTP is diametrically opposed enough to the general order of American society and the most dominant personalities as to lead to social isolation quite easily. In our society, we are quiet types, but we stand out a lot. In our society, standing out can be quite good, however, but since we do it in a highly introverted way, it often comes off as strange and unusual to everyone else. They lack understanding and perspective. Our only options are to mimic the behavior predominant in our own environment lest the environment turn against us and we find ourselves not able to gain anything from it. In most cases, the INTP must accept that he will never be as integrated into the environment/society as other types. He/she is forever destined to be set apart. It is up to them to decide whether this will become their strength or their weakness.

Being a minority in any group of human beings usually predisposes you to being at a disadvantage in the group, be it in race or how you think/personality. For this species, the social environment is the most important of all, and is essentially what shapes our reality. As sentient beings, we also have the ability to change our environment, physical or social, to a degree unlike any other life form. As individuals we must take full advantage of this power to effect change in our lives.

Control the environment, control the game, control the world.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Risen View Post

Being a minority in any group of human beings usually predisposes you to being at a disadvantage in the group, be it in race or how you think/personality. For this species, the social environment is the most important of all, and is essentially what shapes our reality. As sentient beings, we also have the ability to change our environment, physical or social, to a degree unlike any other life form. As individuals we must take full advantage of this power to effect change in our lives.

Control the environment, control the game, control the world.
    You can of course big up your "I'm a different being/perspective"... I do think it gets seriously better for NT's (not just INTP...ENTJs seem to fair the best) around mid 30's.... they start to get their proper life challenges and they come into their own.

NT's by this point may have confidence issues... But they can push through and aim for the stars/control the game....

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8

Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbell View Post
    You can of course big up your "I'm a different being/perspective"... I do think it gets seriously better for NT's (not just INTP...ENTJs seem to fair the best) around mid 30's.... they start to get their proper life challenges and they come into their own.

NT's by this point may have confidence issues... But they can push through and aim for the stars/control the game....
    It gets better then because both you AND your peers are starting to mature and enter midlife, a point at which both begin to develop their lesser functions and balance out. At that point, the rift between all the sensors in the world and the intuitives becomes somewhat less, and greater wisdom leads to better interactions with eachother. Essentially, both you and your environment are changing.